B-Sens Belleville 2018-2019 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I watched the game... Hogberg was excellent. I'd rank Hogberg even with Gus.

Unfortunately, I was not impressed with the rest of the team. Brown didn't show me anything to suggest he's close to the NHL. He's okay.. but he didn't stand out at all. I know.. he's only 21. I do think if he is put with better players he could make more things happen.

I liked #18 Boston Leier's hustle and jam.
Again you’re watching these guys play a third game in three nights and they lost their best dman before the game

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
Lost in OT. Marlies goalie with an epic 10-save shutout.
Shots 36-10. That's not how you develop your young players.

Belleville played 3 games in less than 72 hours (7pm, 7pm, and 4pm start times) AND had to travel to Toronto between the 2nd and 3rd game, while Toronto played at home Saturday and had the Friday off. BSens were running on fumes against a much better rested team and it showed. Props to Hogberg for stealing us a point. Gustaffson also played great on the weekend. Nice to see us at .500 with the brutal start we've had and all the injuries/callups

Reactions: Panic at the Back

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Say what you want about the skaters for Belleville but it looks like the two Swedish goalies are settling in and playing dominant hockey. Gotta love those numbers from the past 2 or so weeks. Gonna need them very soon in Ottawa.

Along with Daccord doing well with ASU, it’s nice to have some reassurance that we have decent depth in net.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I think it's important to note that Hogberg is 4yrs older than Gustavsson. Not to diminish what Hogberg has done since coming back from injury - just think it is lost on some just how young Gustavsson is.

I wonder what they do if/when Condon returns. I think the best thing for the future of the organization is to continue with a 1a/1b situation with Hogberg-Gusta.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I think it's important to note that Hogberg is 4yrs older than Gustavsson. Not to diminish what Hogberg has done since coming back from injury - just think it is lost on some just how young Gustavsson is.

I wonder what they do if/when Condon returns. I think the best thing for the future of the organization is to continue with a 1a/1b situation with Hogberg-Gusta.

Yeah agreed. I was thinking about this as well. I think Hog and Gus should be rotating in the AHL. Play Condon in the ECHL and get him conditioned there. Then bring him up for a game or two to the AHL. If he's solid in those outings then bring him up to the NHL. (That is if McKenna doesn't keep playing like he played last night, then all bets are off)

Reactions: TheBradyBunch

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Chlapik on the mend again, Any news on his injury? He left the game at the end of the 1st yesterday from what I understand

update

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Wolanin back in the lineup tonight
Hogberg starts
Justin Auger 1st game on a PTO
Luchuk and Lindberg in the lineup

Last edited:
Reactions: Icelevel

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Woah. I remember when this guy put up roughly 40 points in his 1st or 2nd year in the AHL and I figured he was on his way to an NHL spot. IIRC this dude is HUGE!

6.06 and 230 lbs.

He posted a better PPG as a 21 year old in the AHL than he did as a 19 year old in the OHL. Definitely not the norm lol.

Reactions: stempniaksen

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I imagine Wolanin will be called up soon if he's healthy.

Chlapik's injuries are a bummer. He was in my eyes one of the stand out players in camp this year and should have been on the team for game 1. With the injuries the big club has, this probably would have been his big chance to break out in a top 6 role and on every special team's unit. Such a shame. I hope it doesnt derail his development.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I imagine Wolanin will be called up soon if he's healthy.

Chlapik's injuries are a bummer. He was in my eyes one of the stand out players in camp this year and should have been on the team for game 1. With the injuries the big club has, this probably would have been his big chance to break out in a top 6 role and on every special team's unit. Such a shame. I hope it doesnt derail his development.
Is Wolanin that much different than Lajoie? IMO they are very similar players with Lajoie being slightly better defensively, which IMO is why he beat out Wolanin in training camp & Wolanin IMO is slightly better offensively.

It sounds like Chlapik could be out for a while but whenever he does come back it will be interesting to see his progress. Of course, by then Pageau could be back too & Tierny, while not playing badly, has lost some of that early season scoring he was doing. Duchene & White IMO have cemented themselves in Ottawa as centres, they may still play the wing but it seems they mostly play centre now & are playing that position well. That leaves two centre positions & Pageau, Smith, Tierny, Paul, Chlapik & Brown all fighting for the last two centre positions. Some of those guys will have to play the wing but there are more players than positions especially next season when a few more guys will be looking for roster spots. PD needs to move a number of bodies leading up to the trade deadline & I would think that some of the UFAs have to go soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad