B-Sens Belleville 2019-2020 Season Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Ebert will be top 4 and I definitely see Dougherty as the 3rd pair guy ahead of Murray. Hard to tell with Alsing, my impression would be that he will not come to NA until next year but who knows

I am guessing the depth is as follows, though:

LD
1 - Brann
2 - Lajoie
3 - Englund
4 - Labrie
5 - Gendron

RD
1 - Goloubef
2 - Ebert
3 - Dougherty
4 - Murray

Or, if Alsing is in NA:

Brannstrom - Goloubef
Lajoie - Ebert
Englund - Alsing
--------------------
Labrie - Dougherty
Gendron - Murray
Yup looks alright. Looking forward to the Belleville season. Could be the best team we’ve had in a while.

DefenseMinister

Jul 20, 2006
I received confirmation from a plugged-in SHL fan that Alsing's contract agreement includes the caveat that he won't be leaving his SHL team in the first year and will be coming to North America in the 2nd year. I suppose he would come this year if he was going to be on the NHL roster but that doesn't seem likely and it's doubtful he is even at camp this Fall because the SHL season starts earlier.

In any case, I wouldn't be including him in any Belleville lineups for this season.

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
Imagine our line up looks like this then:

Brannstrom-Goloubef
Lajoie-Ebert
Murray-Dougherty
Englund

Bump everyone up on the left side when Brannstrom gets called up

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
I'd have to think Labrie will be a regular. He was an everyday player on Syracuse last year, who were one the AHL's top teams and he was an everyday player when Troy Mann had him in Hershey a few years back.

The team looks reasonably good. Heavily dependent on a lot of first year players making smooth transitions to pro hockey though.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Belleville looks to be a very small soft team this yr, really not sure who will play but my guess would be a couple of first yr players could find themselves in Brampton.

Balcers - Brown - Veronneau
Abramov - Chlapik - Swartz
Formenton - Norris - Davidsson
Labate - Kelly - Rodewald
Klimchuk - Beaudin - Sturtz/Carcone

Brannstrom - Goloubef
Lajoie - Ebert
Englund - Dougherty/Murray

Condon - Hogberg
Gustavsson - Daccord

Frank8

Sep 19, 2013
Belleville looks to be a very small soft team this yr, really not sure who will play but my guess would be a couple of first yr players could find themselves in Brampton.

Brannstrom - Goloubef
Lajoie - Ebert

Condon - Hogberg
Gustavsson - Daccord
And Dubeau

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
he's a great prospect but being passed by others showing more promise. Last year should have been a big year for him but didn't show much improvement

He went through something similar in the Q... had a great rookie yr (1.17ppg, his draft yr)... regressed offensively (1.03ppg on a far worse team to be fair)... and then exploded the next year (1.59ppg)

If he can improve his offense at the same rate, he'd be pacing at around .9PPG. I wouldnt say he has to hit that benchmark, but it would be a good goal for him to attain

He's an intriguing prospect for sure but he needs to take a step in his game. I could still see him becoming a 2nd line C or W if all goes well but I think he gets a little lost in the fray with all the depth we have

Reactions: Karlstrobe

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
This will be an interesting yr for Filip Chlapik C with so many good young players coming. IMO he needs to have a big yr in Belleville this yr if he intends to have a future with this team. He needs to come to camp in the best shape of his life & he needs to produce points & hopefully with better players on his wing this yr maybe he will. He could also get moved to LW if they have too many centres although I think it could be Norris that moves over to LW in his first pro yr.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
AHL TV ... does not seem to have the Single Season Single Team pass they offered last year . The have a a full access package for $20 US a month. Anyone know if they will be offering a Single team package again?

Edit: just found out they will be offering it; just not available yet. Belleville should be fun to watch this year. Check out Batherson Highlights on the Prospects thread.

Last edited:

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
All sound like they are Brampton bound. How many goalies is that now?

Seven goalies playing pro this season [Anderson, Nilsson, Condon, Hogberg, Daccord, Gustavsson, Dubeau] and two more in Canadian junior [Sogaard and Mandolese].

Dubeau is not technically an Ottawa Senators player, but regardless. It's a lot.

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
Dubeau is an interesting signing. Just turned 25, he had fairly pedestrian numbers in 5 years in the QMJHL, but last year a 0.78 GAA and .957 SV% playing for UNB in the atlantic playoffs, and then a 1.33 GAA and .948 SV% to win the Usports championship, as well as tournament MVP.

Followed that up with a .921 SV% in 6 games in the ECHL to start his pro career.

Probably won't ever amount to anything in the NHL, but who knows, goalies are weird.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
With Condon gone and Anderson in his last year, probably moved at the deadline, I’d expect Hogberg up this year.
Next year Nilsson, Hogberg, Gustavsson, Daccord fill the pro slots while Sogaard and Mandolese push the next, as Nilsson will need to force a decision to resign or move him. That’s a good depth perspective over the next three years

operasen

Apr 27, 2004

Brannstrom - Goloubef
Lajoie - Ebert

Condon - Hogberg
Gustavsson - Daccord
Goodgroup but we’ve signed others since, probably ECHL bound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad