B-Sens Belleville 2018-2019 Season Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Just by the video, I'm not sure 72 did that on purpose. Then he pretty much gets sucker-punched. Not impressed.

I had to watch it multiple times but finally saw how he stuck the butt end into Max pretty good. Good on Max to retaliate. I wonder where the other Belleville Senators were after the butt-end. Blinded and emulating a farm animal that lays eggs? :)

Reactions: aragorn

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Logan Brown right now is developing at best into a complimentary 3rd Line player who can be good on the PP and that’s not good enough.

complimentary 3rd Line player drafted #10 overall is a failure with his skill set. At #10 you have to have a skill your team can exploit, Brown is a player at the NHL level you’d have to hide and use only in situational game play (PP, against other teams 4th lines, not a player you’d turn to in physical games, not a player you’d turn to in a tight checking game, not a player our trust late in games, not a player who’d protect a lead).

If I’m Ottawa and you’re looking at bigger trades of Stone and Duchene, Brown is a piece of add in to get a deal done
Don’t see what you’re seeing

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Don’t see what you’re seeing

But what are people seeing in Logan Brown that makes them think he can be a top 6 NHL Center??

I like his game around the net like everyone else, what do you see that makes you think he’s going to be able to make an impact on a top 2 line??

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
But what are people seeing in Logan Brown that makes them think he can be a top 6 NHL Center??

I like his game around the net like everyone else, what do you see that makes you think he’s going to be able to make an impact on a top 2 line??

I think it would be easier to list what makes people think he won't be able to make an impact, since as far as tools go, he's got just about everything.

His consistency and intensity need to improve. Maybe work on his skating too. If he improves 2 out of those 3 things, I don't see anything stopping him from being a top 6 producer.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I am very happy they are letting Wolanin marinate in Belleville and hope he spends majority of the season there...same with all the kids now actually.

A few games due to injury or towards end of season but with lineup they have now the B-Sens should look to push for playoffs and then go on a bit of a run.

Would there be a scenario that would have Tkachuk and Lajoie sent down for the playoffs? After spending entire season in the NHL?

Reactions: Cosmix and Xspyrit

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I am very happy they are letting Wolanin marinate in Belleville and hope he spends majority of the season there...same with all the kids now actually.

A few games due to injury or towards end of season but with lineup they have now the B-Sens should look to push for playoffs and then go on a bit of a run.

Would there be a scenario that would have Tkachuk and Lajoie sent down for the playoffs? After spending entire season in the NHL?

I doubt it for Tkachuk, probably not Lajoie. I would not be surprised if Pyatt ended up there when Pageau comes back.

Reactions: Panic at the Back

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Brown's deficiencies are certainly his effort level or work ethic game in & game out & his inability to use his size more to be more physical. I doubt he will ever be a physical player it just doesn't seem to be in him but he can improve his work ethic with every shift but he seems to need to be pushed.

On the other hand, his skill set is his vision, his hockey IQ & his passing abilities which are close to being elite. He's not a great skater but he's not slow either, he does need players to get him the puck so he can make great plays but needs to work on his effort level & intensity. He's got a good shot but doesn't use it as much as he could, he's got a pass first mentality. He's not emotionally charged like Stone but more of a quiet cerebral type, he can see plays developing & get the puck to an open player through traffic. With his combination of size & skill set I think he will be in the NHL but depending on who he plays with could have a significant impact in the top 6, but regardless of where he plays I think he improves the team as a whole.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
For clarity I mean after the NHL season is done...maybe not fair to other players but would be great experience and more reps for our young guys.

A round or 2 of pro playoff hockey would be awesome for their development.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Belleville up 3-2 at the end of the 1st

Brown just scored .. a tap in; following a beauty play he made to McCormick that gave him a nice clean look for a shot that ended up off the goalie and ended up behind him where Brown tapped it home. They are now saying that it may be McCormicks goal after all.. we shall see.

Also .. Everytime I watch Belleville, Wolanin really stands out. His skating and quick puck movement to the open man is excellent. He should be up with Ottawa imo.. He is definitely top 4 material and should now be developing in the NHL.

Reactions: DrEasy

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Isn't the "knock" on Wolanin his defensive awareness?

I'm not sure we want to bring up and see his confidence disintegrate...

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa

Probably, maybe his game around the net.

I think his vision and playmaking are going to make up for any mediocre skating or whatever. Guys like this in my opinion tend to get better as time goes on.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Really like the net drive by Brown with his size and reach.

Anymore B sens games on tv this year?

Yes, I agree. With his size, the D have a tough time preventing him from getting to the net. He also has good puckhandling skillls, shot and passing skill. He is a very good prospect and looks like he could become a top 6 player. He is not there yet. It will take some more time in the AHL for him to adjust to playing against men who are bigger, stronger, faster and more highly skilled on both offence and defence. I think he should spend this entire season in the AHL with a short callup in the new year to give him some NHL experience at the next level. If he develops in the next month or two he could come up permanently, particularly if Dorion makes some trades (hopefully to jettison the old aged AHL level players rather than the highly skilled UFAs).

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Isn't the "knock" on Wolanin his defensive awareness?

I'm not sure we want to bring up and see his confidence disintegrate...

I think Wolanin was able to use his skating skills to great effect in college and developed some habits that resulted in him trying to do the same at the NHL level against much higher skilled players. It made him look defensively weak on occasion. He needed to learn how and when to use his skill set against more highly skilled AHL and NHL players. I think he is learning that now and will have adjusted soon, perhaps by the TDL.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I think Wolanin was able to use his skating skills to great effect in college and developed some habits that resulted in him trying to do the same at the NHL level against much higher skilled players. It made him look defensively weak on occasion. He needed to learn how and when to use his skill set against more highly skilled AHL and NHL players. I think he is learning that now and will have adjusted soon, perhaps by the TDL.

I'd be weary about bringing up a promising young player with defensive deficiencies with how disorganized this team in it's own end.

Which is a real shame for Wolanin, I liked what I saw of him last year and don't doubt he'd be a useful player to have. Our NHL context is an unmitigated disaster so maybe there is a case to be made about keeping him away from it.

Tough call.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Wolanin will be up soon if he keeps playing well

He deserves a shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad