B-Sens Belleville 2018-2019 Season Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Back when the WJC was in Malmo I went to go see a Djurgarden game as part of my trip and saw Sorensen play... a few days later ran into and chatted with PD (then director of player personnel) about Sorensen. He said because of his body type he was never going to be an NHL player.... so yeah

Also told him to draft Englund off a pretty solid viewing from him at the time, the org did, looked smart then, not so much now

Not so much smart back then either.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Listening to 91.9, I don’t understand why they’re saying that there was big expectations for the Laval Rocket... that lineup is not good at all; no prospects of note aside from maybe Fleury and Evans. Montreal drafting has been bad for several years, although it looks more promising the last 2 years and Bergevin also did well acquiring Suzuki for example

Reactions: Vprime and Deku

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
This team should have been better all season, finally putting things together. But it’s true that injuries in both leagues didn’t help
Huge factor.
When Ottawa got healthy , BSens were getting healthy too. Still missing O'Brien who is a really good AHL player.
Watching the game tonight against the best or one of the very best teams in the league .. you can tell this team has been well coached , while giving a chance for the young guys to develop.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Crazy thing is that he was drafted at the end of the fourth round. It isn't normal for someone at spot to develop so fast, yet he's in good company with a bunch of first rounders.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Listening to 91.9, I don’t understand why they’re saying that there was big expectations for the Laval Rocket... that lineup is not good at all; no prospects of note aside from maybe Fleury and Evans. Montreal drafting has been bad for several years, although it looks more promising the last 2 years and Bergevin also did well acquiring Suzuki for example

Isn't Joel Bouchard coaching the Rocket?

I always thought he was nothing more than a TV Talking Head, I was surprised to hear Scabs fans talk about him as if he was the real deal; I mean "best coach not in the NHL" good.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015

I think they decide in their head that the team would be a good one because they hired Joel Bouchard.

Like you said, they have no real promising prospects in the AHL right now unless their is one that surprise.

In might and will get better in the next few years when their promising prospects come over. But this year.. it is not a surprise, IMO.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
They're in 5th place now, 3 back of Toronto who have 3 games in hand. 5 back of Utica who have 1 game in hand.

Still play Toronto 3 more times and Utica once. Batherson also drinks the Marlies' milkshake so, its definitely doable but still an uphill battle.

Reactions: Blarginator

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
They're in 5th place now, 3 back of Toronto who have 3 games in hand. 5 back of Utica who have 1 game in hand.

Still play Toronto 3 more times and Utica once. Batherson also drinks the Marlies' milkshake so, its definitely doable but still an uphill battle.

Yeah they'll need some help, 16th in the league in points but tied for 23rd in point%. If they can win those Marlies/Utica games, they should still be in a decent spot.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Even if they miss, this will have been an exciting run. Considering its year 2, I'd consider that a success.

Hopefully they make it and we can have some personal stakes playoffs to follow like when Bingo won in 2011.

Reactions: Blarginator

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I have an uncomfortable feeling that Dorion is going to mess this guy up.. I really like his game.

if anything the sens have done a really good job in bringing him in from getting him signed to letting him develop and not throwing him in the fire of the nhl

i really like his game too think he is going to be real good in a top 4 role

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Could Troy Mann be a good NHL head coach for a team full of young player?

He seems to do well with a lot of very young player in the AHL.

I know it's not the same thing cpaching in the Ahl and NHL, that's why i ask.

Too early to say but McGuire did say he was hearing rave reviews about Mann.

Boucher is gone and we can't afford to pay any proven coach so I expect Mann will get the opportunity very soon.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Could Troy Mann be a good NHL head coach for a team full of young player?

He seems to do well with a lot of very young player in the AHL.

I know it's not the same thing cpaching in the Ahl and NHL, that's why i ask.

I would say its a decent bet he gets strong consideration.

Reactions: Icelevel

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
Friedman had mentioned months ago that Mann had been looked at by other teams for NHL jobs, so it's fair to assume he'd get a long look in Ottawa should Boucher not return. It's not just the Sens who are impressed with the work he's done.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Friedman had mentioned months ago that Mann had been looked at by other teams for NHL jobs, so it's fair to assume he'd get a long look in Ottawa should Boucher not return. It's not just the Sens who are impressed with the work he's done.

Surprise! Another good asset that doesn't want to stay!

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I hope the B-Sens sign Daniel Carr this summer on a 2-way contract. Only 27, has 61 pts in 43 games this year...

I think they decide in their head that the team would be a good one because they hired Joel Bouchard.

Like you said, they have no real promising prospects in the AHL right now unless their is one that surprise.

In might and will get better in the next few years when their promising prospects come over. But this year.. it is not a surprise, IMO.

Oh yeah forgot about that but IMO Bouchard might be the only thing that keep this team "respectable" even though they're 29th in the AHL (pts%)

Isn't Joel Bouchard coaching the Rocket?

I always thought he was nothing more than a TV Talking Head, I was surprised to hear Scabs fans talk about him as if he was the real deal; I mean "best coach not in the NHL" good.

Proven in junior but not in the pro. Yeah Habs fans hyped him a lot that's true but frankly he doesn't have a lot to work with.

So why not now? Why is Boucher and his staff still there? Why not take at least the second part of THIS season to get a look at what Mann could do? It wouldn't have been that expensive seriously. If money prevents you from doing that type of move, then just accept that you don't have the financial backbone anymore to run a NHL business.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

Lol - thats 38 year old Sebastien Caron, who has not played a professional game since 2015-2016 (with the Hamburg Freezers)

He also has one of the best saves in not so recent memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad