B-Sens Belleville 2018-2019 Season Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I think Nurmi has 4th line potential

He took a step back offensively this year but he has some good tools... good size, ability to cycle, okay hands and IQ
You don't waste 3 years of contract spots on someone who has "4th line potential". You can just add a college FA with better upside or someone from Europe on a 1 year try out. We're entering a rebuild, we should be drafting around 10 or 11 players every year for awhile and often adding young players from other organizations. If you waste space on the likes of Nurmi, you'll lose better prospects for nothing.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
You don't waste 3 years of contract spots on someone who has "4th line potential". You can just add a college FA with better upside or someone from Europe on a 1 year try out. We're entering a rebuild, we should be drafting around 10 or 11 players every year for awhile and often adding young players from other organizations. If you waste space on the likes of Nurmi, you'll lose better prospects for nothing.

... like Sorensen.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Sorensen wasn't signed because we signed Jakub Culek instead...

Not to mention Sorensen showed quite a bit more than Nurmi
Yeah, it didn't make any sense not to sign Sorenson given the state of our prospect pool at the time. Anyways, I think we're better off with a 'free wallet' than Nurmi. Or a solid AHL vet to keep Belleville competitive.

dmarc

SENS!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2009
... like Sorensen.

Back when the WJC was in Malmo I went to go see a Djurgarden game as part of my trip and saw Sorensen play... a few days later ran into and chatted with PD (then director of player personnel) about Sorensen. He said because of his body type he was never going to be an NHL player.... so yeah

Also told him to draft Englund off a pretty solid viewing from him at the time, the org did, looked smart then, not so much now

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Back when the WJC was in Malmo I went to go see a Djurgarden game as part of my trip and saw Sorensen play... a few days later ran into and chatted with PD (then director of player personnel) about Sorensen. He said because of his body type he was never going to be an NHL player.... so yeah

Also told him to draft Englund off a pretty solid viewing from him at the time, the org did, looked smart then, not so much now

Because of Sorensen's body type? There have been plenty of guys in the league with his body type before he was drafted.

dmarc

SENS!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2009
Because of Sorensen's body type? There have been plenty of guys in the league with his body type before he was drafted.

Yes, he said because he had an ectomorph body type it would stop him from being an NHL player.
So yeah guess the signs were there 5 years ago... but here we are today

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Love to use draft picks on players whose body types will keep them from ever playing in the NHL.

Reactions: DrEasy

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
Yes, he said because he had an ectomorph body type it would stop him from being an NHL player.
So yeah guess the signs were there 5 years ago... but here we are today

Ummmmm, we had an ectomorph in our prospect pool and dealt it away???

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Yeah, I think he'll top out as a 3rd line C/LW. He's a nice complementary piece to fill out the roster, but I don't see anything more special.
Bravo for your use of "complementary".

Each time I see "complimentary" (and it's an epidemic), it's akin to nails on a chalkboard.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
My God when Batherson gets on a roll he just crushes it!

It's like if he only gets a point or 2 a game you wonder what's wrong.

What a meteoric rise from a few short seasons ago...I expect him to come in to camp ready to dominate and carry that attitude in to the season too.

Another offseasons with the NS boys and who knows what else he will add to his arsenal?

Love this kid.

Reactions: IamJust0ne

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
Belleville hasnt lost in regulation in its last 10 games, wonder if they can actually make a run for a playoff spot

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Three Stars
1st2nd3rd

6700.jpg

Marcus Hogberg
Belleville Senators
SA: 31
SV: 31
TOI: 60:00

5988.jpg

Nick Paul