B-Sens Belleville 2018-2019 Season Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
If Brown is a 1C then half the rebuild is done... that’s like 50% of a rebuild, find a 1C

Would be monumental. Especially because it looks like we have a top 5 D-man at just 22 years old too. The two most important positions locked down.

Batherson looking like a future top line forward. Tkachuk too. White looking like a solid top 6 C. Formenton and Norris looking like solid top 9 forwards. I really think we have to keep Stone and Duchene, we'd compete in 2-3 years when the prospects are hitting their stride + the return we get for Dzingel.

If management really thinks Brown + White will be excellent 1-2 punch then we can focus on getting top 4 d prospect like Fabbro or Valimaki for Duchene and maybe even someone like Tolvanen.

Reactions: DrEasy

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
I'm praying we can land another top end C prospect in the 2020 draft. Center depth wins cups, and having another great center along with Brown and White would go a long way to making us respectable again.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
I'm praying we can land another top end C prospect in the 2020 draft. Center depth wins cups, and having another great center along with Brown and White would go a long way to making us respectable again.

Don't forget about Norris. I honestly think he's going to be better suited as a 2C, and White could be an elite 3C. Keep pageau as 4C. If Brown actually panned out as a 1C....would be huge for this franchise.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
My prediction on our top prospects

Brown
best case - Anaheim Version of Bobby Ryan
most probable - Dallas Stars version of Jason Spezza (first 3 years)
worst case - Ottawa Senators version of Bobby Ryan (including injury prone) / Bust

Batherson
best case - Mark Stone
most probable - Ryan Dzingle
worst case - Silfverberg / 3rd liner

Formenton
best case - Vermette
most probable - Boedker
worst case - 4th liner

Chlapik
best case - Pageau
most probable - Tierney (lol)
worst case - 4th liner / AHL vet

White
best case - Nuge Hopkins
most probable - Vermette
worst case - 3rd liner

Balcers
best case - Eberle
most probable - depth player
worst case - not in NHL

Tkachuk - utterly disgusted by his offensive skills. But could be anything in his prime. I have no predictions for him - nothing will surprise me though

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
If Batherson wasnt called up and then had a 9 game pointless streak upon his return he could have absolutely ridiculous numbers in the A this year.

Personally I am very high on him but it is interesting to see that historically top rookie point getters in the AHL are sort of...meh. Nobody recent stands out as an impact player in the NHL.

I only did total points so perhaps the impact players came in, lit it up and were moved to big squad.

Either way the Senatora havent had a rookie, let alone 2 who were putting up points at this pace so early in their careers...very excited to see how they can translate to NHL next season.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Yea. Cause Batherson absolutely NOTHING like Dzingel. Batherson is big body who uses his IQ, hands and puck protection while Dzingel uses his shiftiness speed and hands.

Batherson best case is Schiefele, both in terms of impact and points. His probable is uh I dunno I need to think this through.

Chlapik best case is RNH most probable is like Plekanec-ish
White best case is Bergeron, most probable is Mikko Koivu but more of a scorer
Brown best case is Spezza in 2011/2012, I have zero idea why you mention Ryan, probable Johansen

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
If Batherson wasnt called up and then had a 9 game pointless streak upon his return he could have absolutely ridiculous numbers in the A this year.

Personally I am very high on him but it is interesting to see that historically top rookie point getters in the AHL are sort of...meh. Nobody recent stands out as an impact player in the NHL.

I only did total points so perhaps the impact players came in, lit it up and were moved to big squad.

Either way the Senatora havent had a rookie, let alone 2 who were putting up points at this pace so early in their careers...very excited to see how they can translate to NHL next season.

Rantanen (eerily similar dominance + PPG)

Nylander.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
I cant decipher your rankings...are you trying to compare playing style or points or both?

Combination of both. And also, the kind of impact they will have on a team

I compared Brown with Ryan because I can really see Brown being a 30-30 player with slick passing and shooting like Ryan did in his Ducks days

Batherson is nothing like Dzingle, true! I compared them both in terms of production, and Batherson having a similar role as Dzingle, as being a middle guy. How ever, i do expect him to be much much better than Dzingle, especially production wise

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
Combination of both. And also, the kind of impact they will have on a team

I compared Brown with Ryan because I can really see Brown being a 30-30 player with slick passing and shooting like Ryan did in his Ducks days

Batherson is nothing like Dzingle, true! I compared them both in terms of production, and Batherson having a similar role as Dzingle, as being a middle guy. How ever, i do expect him to be much much better than Dzingle, especially production wise

Your comparisons are not good at all

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
IMO these could be the future players, but trades could bring in other prospects & whoever they draft that turn into players could replace any of these guys or at least some of the bubble players. Who knows how this all plays out?

Tkachuck - Brown - Batherson
Chlapik - White - ???
Balcers - Norris - Nurmi
Formenton - Paul - Rodewald

Chabot - JBD
Lajoie - Wolanin
Harpur - Jaros/Englund

Hogberg - Gustavsson/Daccord

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
IMO these could be the future players, but trades could bring in other prospects & whoever they draft that turn into players could replace any of these guys or at least some of the bubble players. Who knows how this all plays out?

Tkachuck - Brown - Batherson
Chlapik - White - ???
Balcers - Norris - Nurmi
Formenton - Paul - Rodewald

Chabot - JBD
Lajoie - Wolanin
Harpur - Jaros/Englund

Hogberg - Gustavsson/Daccord
Rodewald, Nurmi and Englund don’t have a future with the Sens. I’d add Harpur to that as well but management loves home for some reason.

Batherson’s best case scenario and ceiling is a slower Wheeler.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Rodewald, Nurmi and Englund don’t have a future with the Sens. I’d add Harpur to that as well but management loves home for some reason.

Batherson’s best case scenario and ceiling is a slower Wheeler.
Who knows? Maybe we'll see them do something this summer but these are the guys we have or whoever they get back in any trade could be in the lineup but who knows what will happen. It's anybodies guess at this point.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Who knows? Maybe we'll see them do something this summer but these are the guys we have or whoever they get back in any trade could be in the lineup but who knows what will happen. It's anybodies guess at this point.
I feel pretty confident saying I know that Englund and Nurmi have no future in the NHL. They aren't even close to being that calibre of player. Neither will be signed this offseason. Rodewald doesn't have the skating to be a NHL player either. He could see some time here though while we go through a rebuild. He's got some skill just heavy feet.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I think Nurmi has 4th line potential

He took a step back offensively this year but he has some good tools... good size, ability to cycle, okay hands and IQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad