B-Sens Belleville 2018-2019 Season Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Chlapik looking like he is back
He’s been told that his role is defensive/two way forward and he needs to work on that.
Yet he keeps scoring and leads the team with 13 goals.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Really hoping Batherson and Brown becomes stars in the NHL. They are the only 2 legit young guys we have who can be top 6 in the NHL.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Really hoping Batherson and Brown becomes stars in the NHL. They are the only 2 legit young guys we have who can be top 6 in the NHL.
Norris and Formenton have a shot too if there is room.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Norris and Formenton have a shot too if there is room.

Too early to say anything about Norris. Wouldn't use the word Legit with him, just as yet.

Formenton is in the same category as Chlapik, White and Tkachuk. Will be NHLers, but still have to prove that they can also produce like top 6 at the NHL level.

Reactions: Icelevel

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Most importantly, we will need these guys to produce in the NHL. I hate to say it, but some really good AHL’ers can’t crack the NHL.

Many years ago, we had the top 2 guys in the AHL (Larouche and Giroux??) but neither guys were ever regular players in the NHL. Hopefully Batherson, Brown, Chlapik, Formenton, and Norris can elevate their play and be impact players. Lord knows we need all the help we can get!!

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Too early to say anything about Norris. Wouldn't use the word Legit with him, just as yet.

Formenton is in the same category as Chlapik, White and Tkachuk. Will be NHLers, but still have to prove that they can also produce like top 6 at the NHL level.

1st tier of forward prospects : Tkachuk, Batherson and Brown have a very good shot at being top-6 forwards

2nd tier : White, Norris, Balcers and Chlapik also have a decent chance.

3rd tier : Formenton has an outside chance and let’s not forget about Crookshank who is just breaking out (might be on his way to establish himself as a legit top-6 forward prospect)

4th tier : Luchuk, Paul, Nurmi and maybe Gruden have a decent chance at being bottom-6 forwards

5th tier : Kelly, Novak, Loheit, Klimchuk, Beaudin, Tambellini, Sturtz and Rodewald are long shots at becoming NHL players, maybe cup-of-coffee style

6th tier : IMO no hope for Ahl, Burgess, Lindberg. They shouldn’t be signed or re-signed

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I am pretty excited about Brown in particular. I figure he is in ottawa for sure next year. It will be interedting to what happens if Duchene signs

Duchene

In no order

White
Brown
Tierney
Pageau
Smith
Chaplik

All of whom are looking like nhl players

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I am pretty excited about Brown in particular. I figure he is in ottawa for sure next year. It will be interedting to what happens if Duchene signs

Duchene

In no order

White
Brown
Tierney
Pageau
Smith
Chaplik

All of whom are looking like nhl players

Assuming they'd all be back (and I guess if Duchene is back, Stone would be too), that would be my Center line :

Dzingel-Duchene-Stone
Ryan-Brown-Batherson
Tkachuk-Tierney-White
Balcers-Pageau-Chlapik

If the big 3 is back, then Smith and Boedker should be traded. Smith is on pace for 37 pts and only has 2 years left at 3.25. Boedker is on pace for 45 pts and has only 1 year left at 4.0 (3.0 salary)

Formenton and Norris and Crookshank continue to develop even if they show that they are close to ready

Notice how my first line is our best offensive players this year, and then each other line is a vet and 2 young forwards. That forward group could be really really good. So if a real NHL coaching staff comes in and they solidify defense/goaltending, I could see this team sniffing the playoffs.

IMO, they should use Dzingel, Ceci, Boedker, Smith, Paajarvi and maybe even Anderson to get some picks and get a "still young" D-man with experience but who could assume Ceci's responsibilities and do better. A team who has 2 very good RDs and even more depth (like Carolina)

Ex : Dzingel + Ceci for Hamilton

Canes would add a top-6 forward and they'd still have :

Slavin-Faulk
Fleury/Bean-Pesce
De Haan-Ceci
Van Riemsdyk

Even Adam Fox is RD and is completing his 3rd NCAA year (might turn pro soon)

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Murray with an unfathomably terrible turnover with a second left in the period for the Marlies to tie it at one. Wow some of these D men in Belleville are tire fires. Burgdorfer is so bad. Apparently Bergman is the 7th D today so I can't even imagine how bad he is.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
That marlins goal was a serious brain fart by Murray with seconds left in the period. No pressure, could have just held the puck behind the net. Throws it up the middles (fans on it), picked off and in the back of the net. Ugly

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Murray with an unfathomably terrible turnover with a second left in the period for the Marlies to tie it at one. Wow some of these D men in Belleville are tire fires. Burgdorfer is so bad. Apparently Bergman is the 7th D today so I can't even imagine how bad he is.
Brutal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->