B-Sens Belleville 2017-2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
That forward group looks bad to me, consisting of, at most, 3 prospects that may some day play in the NHL (Chlapic, Paul and perhaps Perron).
You could potentially add White once his broken wrist heals. McCormick could be on his way down soon enough as well.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i made it to the 2nd period.... nice little arena Laval built. kinda useless to report anything since i dont know must players, but Taylor was definitely in net, made some great saves but kinda bad with the stickhandling... many dangerous mistakes. people were chanting his name and mocking him when he controlled the puck.

those jerseys..... beatiful

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
How are the games looking? Lots of invested hockey fans? Energy? Hope it goes super amazing in Belleville so it's there to stay for a loooooong time.

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
How are the games looking? Lots of invested hockey fans? Energy? Hope it goes super amazing in Belleville so it's there to stay for a loooooong time.

Rink isn't ready in Belleville yet. First home game is November 1st. But from what I gather ticket sales are strong and the rink will be quite nice. I hope it goes well too, I think this could go a long way towards building a Sens fanbase in Leafs territory. Belleville is a great hockey town.

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
I've been impressed with Lajoie's poise with the puck so far. Looks confident on the first two goals. Chlapik strong on the empty netter.

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
After the last couple games, I'm glad Chabot will get some time in the A. He looked great in the earlier games but lost his confidence a bit. Let's let him get his bearings at the pro level first. I'm sure we'll see him with the big club pretty soon.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Laval beats Belleville 7-5 today.

Goals from Ciampini, Reinhart, Chlapik (2), Sexton.

Hammond: 15 saves on 19 shots.
Hogberg: 12 saves on 15 shots.

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Chlapik seems like an under the radar player who had a great yr in junior last yr & a very good training camp this yr. Does anyone know if he is playing centre or left wing in Belleville? I wonder where the Sens project this guy to play in future, on the wing or in the middle? He could be another guy that should challenge for a roster spot soon.

I assume that there are a number of players playing in Belleville this yr who have a legitimate chance of playing in the NHL sooner or later in Chabot, White, Chlapik, Paul, Perron, Harpur, Englund, Jaros, Lajoie, Hogberg & maybe Gagné. I don't remember the last time the Sens had so many legitimate prospects playing on their farm team at the same time. And they still have Brown, Bowers, Formenton & Batherson coming soon too.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Laval beats Belleville 7-5 today.

Goals from Ciampini, Reinhart, Chlapik (2), Sexton.

Hammond: 15 saves on 19 shots.
Hogberg: 12 saves on 15 shots.

I didn't go to the game but listened on the radio a bit when I was driving... lol it was 7-2 at one point, same scenario as the Sens vs Habs the night before. A luck the B-Sens had a bit more pride though and came back but too little too late. What a nightmare weekend for the Sens. If it was regular season I would be mad.

From what I have heard, Hogberg and particularly Hammond weren't very good. But at the same time, it was the parade to the penalty box once again. This sport is getting really soft.

Chlapik seems like an under the radar player who had a great yr in junior last yr & a very good training camp this yr. Does anyone know if he is playing centre or left wing in Belleville? I wonder where the Sens project this guy to play in future, on the wing or in the middle? He could be another guy that should challenge for a roster spot soon.

I assume that there are a number of players playing in Belleville this yr who have a legitimate chance of playing in the NHL sooner or later in Chabot, White, Chlapik, Paul, Perron, Harpur, Englund, Jaros, Lajoie, Hogberg & maybe Gagné. I don't remember the last time the Sens had so many legitimate prospects playing on their farm team at the same time. And they still have Brown, Bowers, Formenton & Batherson coming soon too.

Well Chabot, White, Chlapik are pretty much guaranteed to have a successful NHL career (IMO). Brown will be a NHL player no doubt but the question is how good is he going to be. Jaros will be a good NHLer too

Those 5 are blue-chip or close to it. 3 forwards and 2 D-men, a big chunk of the Sens future.

Paul is a guy that needs to stay healthy. He needs to be assertive and show that he belongs. He should be a NHL player (bottom-6 though)

Harpur is also a NHL player, but will he bottom out as a #5-7 or can he become a Top-4?

Lajoie, I am starting to get high on the kid. If he follows his current trajectory, he will be a NHLer and could be a good one. So much poise, thinks the game at a high level so it bodes well for him.

Englund I am not too sure. He has qualities and a package of size and reach that could allow him to be a decent shutdown D-man in the NHL, but don't expect much more. Bottom pairing but you need to fill those spots well.

I am a bit worried about Perron. It doesn't seem like he is able to "stand out" in the AHL so far. He was the best Q player not even 2 years ago. He gained a bit of strength and weight so there should be no excuse this season.

Hogberg has the size and athleticism to become a good NHL goalie. He has to work on a few things, particularly the highest part of the net which seems to be his weakness

Gagné is the less likely to become a NHL player but he has a nice skill-set. Still very raw, the guy could still surprise. He seems he has improved this year but he needs to raise his game faster because times goes quick.

Bowers, Formenton & Batherson all seem like very good picks so far but still very early to say. It would be shocking if Formenton doesn't have a good/great NHL career.

Are we forgetting anyone?

Last edited:

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Has anyone heard info about practices in Belleville before the regular season starts on Friday? If so, I'd like to head down and watch from the Wellness Centre concourse while Chabot is down.

I'm guessing that today is maybe a day off.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
B-Sens were on the ice this morning at the Quinte Sports and Wellness Centre, including Thomas Chabot. If anyone local wants to watch them, 10:30 each morning is probably when they'll be skating (if they're practicing) as that's the time the Belleville Sens posted they'd be on the ice each day for training camp last week.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I'll be watching the B-Sens much more closely this year, looks like a very promising and exciting team. I feel sad for the Bingo fans who are going to miss out on Chabot, Chlapik, Jaros, Lajoie, and on expected further development from Harpur and Perron.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Belleville starting the season on a month-long 9-game road trip is going to suck, hopefully they can keep their head above water before they can start playing home games in November.

Any updates on the arena?

MaxTheLimit

Hockey ruins all my personal relationships
Jul 21, 2016
Ontario
Any updates on the arena?
Last thing I saw was from the end of September. It was on the Intelligencer ( local paper ). They say it's on schedule and on budget to be ready for the start of November. Here is a link:

LINK

Not particularly new or shocking...

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Last thing I saw was from the end of September. It was on the Intelligencer ( local paper ). They say it's on schedule and on budget to be ready for the start of November. Here is a link:

LINK

Not particularly new or shocking...

A municipal development project that is both on time and on budget? That's like finding a unicorn in the wild, man. I'm impressed.

Thanks for the link!

Reactions: derriko
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->