B-Sens Belleville 2017-2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
It also serves notice to a leafs region that there is an unmistakable Sens presence in town.
Belleville certainly has a unique NHL fan base because of it's proximity to Toronto, Montreal, and Ottawa. There's a mix of fans of all 3 teams, which is great for the Sens drawing crowds on a regular basis with the rivalries. From the time that the Sens announced the purchase and move of the AHL Sens to Belleville, I've also noticed a definite increase of people wearing Ottawa Sens merchandise in public.

Personally speaking, I'm a Leafs fan, which will be odd a supporting the Sens. However, since the Bulls were move to Hamilton, my feelings have been that I will support a team that is willing to invest in the our community and bring quality hockey back to Belleville. I would think that many people who didn't consider themselves as Sens before feel the same way as well, which is great for the Sens.

Reactions: Hammer9001

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Belleville certainly has a unique NHL fan base because of it's proximity to Toronto, Montreal, and Ottawa. There's a mix of fans of all 3 teams, which is great for the Sens drawing crowds on a regular basis with the rivalries. From the time that the Sens announced the purchase and move of the AHL Sens to Belleville, I've also noticed a definite increase of people wearing Ottawa Sens merchandise in public.

Personally speaking, I'm a Leafs fan, which will be odd a supporting the Sens. However, since the Bulls were move to Hamilton, my feelings have been that I will support a team that is willing to invest in the our community and bring quality hockey back to Belleville. I would think that many people who didn't consider themselves as Sens before feel the same way as well, which is great for the Sens.

I hope you are right, but it almost looks like again Mylnyk & management are hoping to change the minds of Leaf or Montreal supporters with this move. So far, in Ottawa they have only been able to change a handful of Hab fan's allegiance in Gatineau to Ottawa & very few Toronto fans. It will suck when Bellville plays the Marlies or the Laval Habs to a lesser extent & half the building is cheering for the other team. While most of Ottawa hates the Leafs & their fan base they do sell out the arena whenever the Leafs come to town but it sucks to see your own team booed in their own arena. Good luck to them hopefully, they will change the young fans to their side.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
While most of Ottawa hates the Leafs & their fan base they do sell out the arena whenever the Leafs come to town but it sucks to see your own team booed in their own arena.

No they don't. Witness last season's home opener against the Leafs. Not sold out. And the behaviour of Leaf fans along with the higher prices to watch a putrid opposing team keeps Sens fans away when Toronto is town.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
No they don't. Witness last season's home opener against the Leafs. Not sold out. And the behaviour of Leaf fans along with the higher prices to watch a putrid opposing team keeps Sens fans away when Toronto is town.

Last yr was hopefully an anomaly since it seems that the Sens are losing fans whether to the Redblacks because of their recent success or because the prices are just too high for most or some other variable. Traditionally, the Leafs have sold out the building on numerous occasions as the Habs have do mostly to the fans of those teams but their behaviour also keeps some Sens fans away, that's certainly true. I would be interested to know how many times the Leafs sell out CTC when they come to town versus not.

Seeing that the Redblacks are having a tough season I wonder if that will help the Sens, I'm not sure this "Outside Classic" game will help future sales either. I've had packages with this team since day 1 but we are considering not renewing our ticket plans, if they move downtown. Hockey has become just too expensive & the hassle of getting there, buses, parking, beer costs just adds up to too much. You have to wonder if ticket & concession prices are slowly pushing more & more fans from going to games. We'll see soon enough, if they continue to have attendance problems this yr, my guess is yes.

source

Jul 13, 2008
Last yr was hopefully an anomaly since it seems that the Sens are losing fans whether to the Redblacks because of their recent success or because the prices are just too high for most or some other variable.

I'm not sure this "Outside Classic" game will help future sales either. I've had packages with this team since day 1 but we are considering not renewing our ticket plans, if they move downtown. Hockey has become just too expensive & the hassle of getting there, buses, parking, beer costs just adds up to too much. You have to wonder if ticket & concession prices are slowly pushing more & more fans from going to games. We'll see soon enough, if they continue to have attendance problems this yr, my guess is yes.

I think the speed of ticket sales for the Outside Classic could be a positive indicator for relocation to Lebreton Flats.

I agree that the Redblacks are a competitve draw, but they would be no match for Sens games at Lebreton.

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
It really looks like it's just a matter of time until we get a similar design in Ottawa. These jerseys will be a huge upgrade over the current jerseys. Belleville will look sharp out of the gate.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
It really looks like it's just a matter of time until we get a similar design in Ottawa. These jerseys will be a huge upgrade over the current jerseys. Belleville will look sharp out of the gate.
We should just all wear Belleville jerseys until Sens management clues in.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Yup. I'm loving the jerseys. But I loved Ottawa's heritage jerseys... so makes sense.

Looking forward to having the B Sens a bit closer to home!

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Yup. I'm loving the jerseys. But I loved Ottawa's heritage jerseys... so makes sense.

Looking forward to having the B Sens a bit closer to home!

Amazing that these Belleville jerseys and the Ottawa heritage jerseys and the O jerseys surely coming to the Sens are ultimately thanks to a fan and one of our posters here, Jerkstore who did the research and persuaded the Sens to work with him on the O design of the jerseys used for the heritage game against Vancouver.

We don't know if the Sens would have found their way there without his input, so thanks again Jerkstore.

Last edited:

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario
We should just all wear Belleville jerseys until Sens management clues in.

Management is well aware, they just aren't allowed to make changes at the moment because of Adidas taking over the jersey contract. The deadline for submitting the jersey designs had likely passed by the time Tom Anselmi had come onboard.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Damn...that's a lot for the minor leagues.

I guess that's why they're bringing in AHL vets to try to have a decent team right away.

$26 CAD is about $20.50 USD, which falls roughly in line with league averages from what I've seen. Maybe a bit on the high end (I read last year that averages were something like $19 USD per ticket) , but nothing really exorbitant when you consider that the $26 is tax and fees inclusive.

Here's the Belleville ticket prices (in Canadian dollars) direct from the team:

B-Sens ticket prices are based on four seating categories — red, $23.50; blue, $22.50; green, $21.50; and gold, $19.50. A seating plan can be seen on the club's website

AFAIK, Binghamton tickets were in the $20-23 range, so it's actually the same price, if not slightly cheaper tickets than the old B-Sens.

As a point of reference, Binghamton Devils Season Tickets are about $16 USD ($20.30 CAD) per game this season, and those prices are before fees and tax. So, a touch cheaper, maybe, but not by any real significant amount.

Last edited:

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
I am driving back to Toronto from Montreal on Sunday. Where can I get some B-Sens gear in Belleville?

Thanks!

No B-Sens paraphenelia available in stores yet, unfortunately.

EDIT: I'm wrong apparently

Last edited:

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Seeing as we don't have an ECHL affiliate this year, what are the odds we get one next year? Where would be a good city to put them?

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
I am driving back to Toronto from Montreal on Sunday. Where can I get some B-Sens gear in Belleville?

Thanks!
Damn, just saw this now. Aside from jerseys, the pro shop in the Sports & Wellness Centre, which is connected to the Yardmen Arena, has Belleville and Ottawa Sens gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->