B-Sens Belleville 2017-2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Matt Puempel had 54 points in 57 games, lead Griffins in pts/g. More points, goals, assists, pts/g than any Belleville Senator.
He is on 1-way contract though.
Would be funny if he breaks out next year along with Noesen.

Reactions: Cosmix and aragorn

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Matt Puempel had 54 points in 57 games, lead Griffins in pts/g. More points, goals, assists, pts/g than any Belleville Senator.
He looked good in his first year in the NHL, during the Hamburglar run, until he did something to his ankle IIRC. Maybe it has taken him this long to fully recover?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

He already proved himself in the AHL with Binghamton imo.. he's at a slightly higher pace now than he was in 2015-16 with the Senators. That would be expected, partucularly if he is playing with better players like Tangradi and Street both had over 60 pts.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Is this based on stats or viewings or both

I only saw him play at the NHL level but I thought he looked alright for a non-NHL player. He was named top DMan of the team and from what I've read, he was solid when he wasn't overplayed + did better than Englund or Burdgoefer when paired with more high-talent partners. I am just going by what I read, though, also didn't realize he was the only AHL DMan who was up for a new contract. That sort of changes my opinion.

I feel like they are gonna try to get something of value for Englund, if possible, this summer.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Any news on a KK replacement yet? Figure Euge wil probably want to wait as long as possible so he doesn't have to pay a salary. Hire will probably happen in September, right before camp.

Also, does an AHL head coach usually select his assistants, or is that something the organization does for them? Asking because I am genuinely curious as to why KK was let go, but the assistants were retained (I know, I know, Uncle Euge pays people until their contracts run out)

Also, I am sure this was discussed, but why did the organization wait until close to Christmas to bring in an assistant coach??

Senators add Cimellaro as assistant coach - Belleville Senators

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Any news on a KK replacement yet? Figure Euge wil probably want to wait as long as possible so he doesn't have to pay a salary. Hire will probably happen in September, right before camp.

Also, does an AHL head coach usually select his assistants, or is that something the organization does for them? Asking because I am genuinely curious as to why KK was let go, but the assistants were retained (I know, I know, Uncle Euge pays people until their contracts run out)

Also, I am sure this was discussed, but why did the organization wait until close to Christmas to bring in an assistant coach??

Senators add Cimellaro as assistant coach - Belleville Senators

Haven't seen any news whatsoever wrt a new coach for Belleville. Simmer was talking about the scouting firings a bit back and mentioned that contracts typically run to 1 Jul, so teams will often wait till then to make moves because it can open up options, so maybe that's what's happening here too, but I think it's been speculated that Troy Mann is likely to get the gig after he left from Hershey.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
was just coming to post this. I remember him as a player, but know nothing aside from his record with the grehounds as a coach.

OHL and CHL coach of the year this season. Won gold as an assistant at the Hlinka as well. He's ascended the coaching ranks pretty quickly it seems. Apparently he has multiple offers on the table, including head coach for San Antonio [St. Louis Blues affiliate].

I think I'd prefer to see Bannister hired instead of Troy Mann.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
OHL and CHL coach of the year this season. Won gold as an assistant at the Hlinka as well. He's ascended the coaching ranks pretty quickly it seems. Apparently he has multiple offers on the table, including head coach for San Antonio [St. Louis Blues affiliate].

I think I'd prefer to see Bannister hired instead of Troy Mann.

Cool. Coming from the CHL, he's likely got a lot of focus on development, so there's that going for him (though I guess the same is true for hiring an AHL coach).

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Don't have any source other than Tsn1200 a few moments ago but Randy Lee is in some sort of (seems minor) legal mess in Buffalo?

He is down there for the combine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->