B-Sens Belleville 2017-2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Quick I guess, but I did say significant time, so not sure Holtby's dozen games makes the cut. My point though was never that ECHL wasn't good for developing or was an indication of a poor prospect, but rather that going straight to the AHL is not Lazaring a prospect, a term that imo should be banned. Goalies don't need to go to the ECHL to be properly developed. That's all.

That’s fair. Just wanted to add a couple points as the overwhelming belief is that the ECHL is bad for development despite the trend of more and more goaltenders getting their start in that league.

Reactions: aragorn

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Our ECHL affiliate is poisonous. Wouldn’t want to send any of our prospects to Brampton after that report from The Athletic.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Pokka's contract is up and he is a RFA.
honestly what the f*** was the point of that trade... dido was playing well and we shipped him off.... i mean i thought maybe dorion or the scouts saw something in pokka and thought maybe he was an under the radar pickup but i guess not?

Edit i will put this in the trade thread too

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
honestly what the **** was the point of that trade... dido was playing well and we shipped him off.... i mean i thought maybe dorion or the scouts saw something in pokka and thought maybe he was an under the radar pickup but i guess not?

There are a couple justifications.

1) Give Dido a chance at a playoff run and with a team that might give him NHL games. He didn't play for Chicago, sure, but the Sens had already decided to move on from him. May as well give him a shot elsewhere.

2) It's easier to evaluate a player when he's in your own organization.

3) It's possible the Sens would have happily brought back Pokka as an AHL DMan but he made the decision to go to the KHL.

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
There are a couple justifications.

1) Give Dido a chance at a playoff run and with a team that might give him NHL games. He didn't play for Chicago, sure, but the Sens had already decided to move on from him. May as well give him a shot elsewhere.

2) It's easier to evaluate a player when he's in your own organization.

3) It's possible the Sens would have happily brought back Pokka as an AHL DMan but he made the decision to go to the KHL.

4) We had the worst defense in the AHL

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Marathon men: Phantoms win longest AHL game ever
May 10, 2018

Ten years after the top affiliates of the Philadelphia Flyers and Carolina Hurricanes made American Hockey League history, they were at it again.

Alex Krushelnyski scored 6:48 into the fifth overtime period, giving the Lehigh Valley Phantoms a 2-1 win over the Charlotte Checkers in Game 4 of the Atlantic Division Finals.

The longest game ever played in the 82-year history of the AHL ended at 1:09 a.m. EDT after six hours and six minutes and more than seven periods of hockey.

The longest game in AHL history is over! Alex Krushelnyski is the hero and the @LVPhantoms get the win! #LVvsCHA pic.twitter.com/enyOOkj9n7

— AHL (@TheAHL) May 10, 2018

Link below

Marathon men: Phantoms win longest AHL game ever | TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
honestly what the **** was the point of that trade... dido was playing well and we shipped him off.... i mean i thought maybe dorion or the scouts saw something in pokka and thought maybe he was an under the radar pickup but i guess not?

Dido is an okay top 6 player in the AHL & is not an NHL player by any stretch of the imagination. IMO he is the kind of vet player that you add to an AHL roster to help the young guys learn the ropes. That was another of many coaching mistakes.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Dido is an okay top 6 player in the AHL & is not an NHL player by any stretch of the imagination. IMO he is the kind of vet player that you add to an AHL roster to help the young guys learn the ropes. That was another of many coaching mistakes.
Not just coaching. Management. I would argue its a more a management/hockey ops mistake than a coaching mistake.

Reactions: Cosmix

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Not just coaching. Management. I would argue its a more a management/hockey ops mistake than a coaching mistake.
You don't think GB had anything to do with bringing Dido to Ottawa given that he used to coach both him & Hoffman together? IMO it was GB that talked PD into signing Pyatt & bringing both Dido & Dumont to Ottawa.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
You don't think GB had anything to do with bringing Dido to Ottawa given that he used to coach both him & Hoffman together? IMO it was GB that talked PD into signing Pyatt & bringing both Dido & Dumont to Ottawa.
Not saying he didn't one is a coach the other is a GM. The GM decides who is signed and where they play. At least that's his job.

Reactions: Cosmix and DrEasy

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Not saying he didn't one is a coach the other is a GM. The GM decides who is signed and where they play. At least that's his job.

Pretty sure Dorion said that when it came to depth players he thought that was more of a coaching decision and was letting Boucher decide that, but that's probably not gonna be the case next season.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Pretty sure Dorion said that when it came to depth players he thought that was more of a coaching decision and was letting Boucher decide that, but that's probably not gonna be the case next season.
I don't think he said that he let Boucher decide but that he took his input regarding the player he would like. He tried to pleased him a little to much. He said it was his mistake.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Still a Manager's decsision and responsibility to decide how much control of his, that he will relinquish

I don't think he said that he let Boucher decide but that he took his input regarding the player he would like. He tried to pleased him a little to much. He said it was his mistake.
I can not guess what streams through Dorion's mind but it sure looks like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad