believe it when you see it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
first off, i wont believe it until i see it...

however, Bill Watters made the best point I have heard yet ...

Bettman would not call the PA to New York unless he was absolute certain the framework had already been agreed to. Why would he invite them otherwise ? If it was to save NEXT season, there is no reason for the meetings tomorrow.

Bettman will embaress himself to get a deal ONLY if he knows he HAS a deal.

still, i wont believe it until the little man says it with his own words.

dr

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
DR said:
first off, i wont believe it until i see it...

however, Bill Watters made the best point I have heard yet ...

Bettman would not call the PA to New York unless he was absolute certain the framework had already been agreed to. Why would he invite them otherwise ? If it was to save NEXT season, there is no reason for the meetings tomorrow.

dr

I would hope that everyone would agree with the last sentence of this post.

Doc Hollywood

Feb 1, 2004
DR said:

He can embaress himself all he wants. All I care about is having hockey back with a good CBA and so does he. :)

SENSible1*

The big question at this time is will Bobby-boy be on stage with Gary.

I'm not sure what scenario I'd enjoy more.

Confirming his disgrace/dismissal for the whole world to see when he isn't around for the announcement.

or

Watching him squirm while shaking Gary's hand after having been completely outclassed during the negotiation.

Either way, it looks good on the smug JACKASS.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Thunderstruck said:

Confirming his disgrace/dismissal for the whole world to see when he isn't around for the announcement.

or

Watching him squirm while shaking Gary's hand after having been completely outclassed during the negotiation.

Goodenow knows his carreer is over either way. Maybe he will become a motivational speaker because he sure got some of the players to get his message.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Thunderstruck said:

or

Smug...Arrogant...he always came off this way to make himself look tuff as a deadline negotiator...he should be gone he missed the boat on this one and has no one to blame but himself...he thought he was bigger than the game, and the owners under Bettman taught him a lesson, never underestimate your opponents resolve!

A Good Flying Bird*

Thunderstruck said:

Must resist. Must use all strength and resist. Must not get banned.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Vapour Trail said:
"My name is Bob Goodenow and I live in a van, down by the river!"

I'm sure he isn't and won't be hurting for cash or job prospects any time soon.

and yes I know where the quote is from.

A Good Flying Bird*

Vapour Trail said:
"My name is Bob Goodenow and I live in a van, down by the river!"

Yeah. That's funny.

He's got 5 times the money you'll ever make.

SENSible1*

Newsguyone said:
Must resist. Must use all strength and resist. Must not get banned.

Fire away in PM's if it will help your stress level. ;)

Here I'll help you out.

Pot, Kettle....

Last edited by a moderator:

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004
We need the press conference with Bettman and Goodenow hugging each other, announcing the season is on, and then watch the dueling press conferences of the owners and the players announcing that both have been fired.

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
DR said:

dr

and even then, I won't believe it until my butt is sitting in a rink and I physically see NHL players come out. Until then this is all BS to me.

OntCanuck

Feb 18, 2005
Simcoe, Ontario
I have to agree with what watters said yesterday about it. I have a a hard time believing that they let it be known that they were meeting in New York if things weren't darn close. They tried to have secret meetings earlier in the process and have anounced afterwards a few times that they had teleconfrenced after publicly stateing that they had no contact. My opinions about the intelligence of members on each side isn't good. That said if with all the rumours swirling around after the league had been cancelled they decided to meet face to face to talk about where the best steak restaurant is in either Toronto or New York I give up. That would be the time to use the teleconfrence equipment.

JPL

May 23, 2003
Oulu — Finland
Visit site
Players in Europe are preparing to come back to States.

Toni Lydman should have played first game tonight in Finland, but he refused and said that there is no point for playing just one game here. Sami Kapanen and Adam Hall did just the same. Ville Nieminen told that he is leaving Finland in tuesday.

Any information about other players?

snepsts27

Nov 9, 2003
Kamloops BC
Visit site
Henrik Sedin had two goals, and Naslund had the other in a 3-1 winn today for MODO over Djurgården in the SEL today. Daniel had an assist as well.

So at the very leaast those guys are playing today. i don't think it means too much either way.

habitue*

Thunderstruck said:

or

Don't bet on it. You won't see gary and Bob shaking hands on the same stage in front of the media. Goodenow is already OUT od IT and will probably quit (or be asked to quit) in a very near future. He is probably thousands of miles away from new-York today. Saskin is handling the file with the player's reps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad