Post-Game Talk: Believe in the bag! Oilers win 8-2

bleed_oil

Aug 16, 2005
Yes he will, he's a keeper.

Man after SOO many years of mediocre players and teams, it SO nice to have legit high end offensive talent on this team.

I'll second that Jenkins... Hall's pass to Whitney on that first goal yesterday and Yak's 1 timer of a puck that was basically airborn were 2 goals that tell me this team is going to score a hell of a lot of goals in the not too distant future.

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010
It's a dark, dark place. Only the bravest among us venture there.

National hockey league talk
(+polls trade rumors too)

Its funny Ive posted here for years and yet have almost never left my oil cave...this should be interesting.

bleed_oil

Aug 16, 2005
best shot on the team, and it's not close... he might have a top-15 shot in the entire league actually... its simply ridiculous... when he figures out how to find open spots more often, well, watch out

best one-timer we've seen in edmonton in 20 years

You'd have to go back to a Kurri to see a guy who could snipe one like that. And its not just velocity his release is great as well.

And to think a few months ago there were guys on here wishing we took Gally instead.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I'll second that Jenkins... Hall's pass to Whitney on that first goal yesterday and Yak's 1 timer of a puck that was basically airborn were 2 goals that tell me this team is going to score a hell of a lot of goals in the not too distant future.

Agreed, I need to watch the replay again, because it's almost insane how he manages to do it? It doesn't hit the ice for more then a second and he crushes it in the net.

You at that skill and speed to his deterimination and work ethic, that's one hell of a hockey player.

Turrican*

Let this sink in for a while.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0000412010.html

Let us thank this terrible roster for blessing us with Emperor Taylor.

Penner, Brule, O Sullivan, Potulny, Gilbert, Cogliano, Nilsson, Comrie, Grebeshkov, Moreau, Pouliot, Souray, Stortini, JFJ, Pisani, Johnson, Staios, Stone, Struds, Chorney, JDD, Reddox, McDonald, O'Marra, Plante, Minard, Motin, Macintyre, Linglet, Arsene

(I actually started laughing to myself as I was writing the last few names)

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007

Penner, Brule, O Sullivan, Potulny, Gilbert, Cogliano, Nilsson, Comrie, Grebeshkov, Moreau, Pouliot, Souray, Stortini, JFJ, Pisani, Johnson, Staios, Stone, Struds, Chorney, JDD, Reddox, McDonald, O'Marra, Plante, Minard, Motin, Macintyre, Linglet, Arsene

Penner was our best player by a lot that year. Ah yes the Linglet era.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
He was looking fine before Smyth was centering the 4th line. Not blaming Smyth or Petrell... It is just the combo that is not working out.

Petrell leads the Oilers forwards in hits and is 2nd in blocked shots (behind RNH :amazed:) .. Has 2 SHP .. doesnt take penalties ... and has as many points as Smyth and Horcoff despite limited offensive minutes.

Alright Im done with my sell-job for a 4th liner.. :D

RNH is leading the team's forwards in blocked shots? dayum :handclap:

Rin

Mar 28, 2006
Northern Alberta
Also, undefeated when I watch the games streaming on my laptop instead of my big screen tv... :(
I have to keep watching it on my laptop just so I dont jinx anything..

I don't have a showing tonight, so I get to sit at home and watch the game from start to finish. That said, I will likely get company because it's my first night home in a while.

...now, if I get a text as soon as I hit submit reply asking for a showing tonight...I will be very torn.

Rin

Mar 28, 2006
Northern Alberta

Oh god, that is one ugly lineup! Wow...

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002

Plante the only guy left?

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

Looking at this list makes me realize how much crap Tambo has to deal with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad