Recalled/Assigned: Beleskey recalled from Wolf Pack

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I really don’t understand why it hasn’t happened sooner
Well he missed most of the first month, and then was slow to get going coming back (one point in seven games). It has really only been the past two weeks that he has picked it up. I assume the team was hoping that Lettieri (or even Gettinger to an extent) would step up and grab the spot. But Beleskey only recently became a good choice.

Also, remember, he's more expensive as well, and we're yo-yoing guys up and down to save small amounts of cap space. So this move is deserved for Beleskey but not really ideal in any sense.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
would love to see belesky stay and get some serious playing time.....albeit on 4th line, but i think he can stir things up a little and also will get on scoresheet from time to time, obviously vinny hasnt been able to do that.

Reactions: egelband

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The only upside with Beleskey is that if he plays really well he could maybe fetch a mid-late pick.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
would love to see belesky stay and get some serious playing time.....albeit on 4th line, but i think he can stir things up a little and also will get on scoresheet from time to time, obviously vinny hasnt been able to do that.
I rooted for Lettieri. But the kid has done zero to stand out. Belesky from the 4th line is just fine.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
It did happen sooner, but he was sent back down while the Rangers were off for a week.

I don't really understand why he was sent down if the intention was to keep him on the team. My guess is it had something to do with the cap.

Was he practicing with the team, or playing with the WP? If it's the latter, seems kinda ridiculous in a week of reportedly 'hard' practices, that he wasn't participating if the plan is to now have him be a 4th line staple.

I liked what he showed in the 1 game. I prefer kids getting chances, but it's not like Quinn hasn't tried. Gettinger was meh. Letteiri has just been awful and at the very least, needs to learn in the AHL (although I fear last year may have been an anomaly and he's not really an NHL player). Having 1 vet on that 4th line with 2 youngsters is probably for the best and Beleskey is a massive improvement over McLeod. Although this, along with Fogarty and Gettinger getting calls, seems to spell doom for Boo.

As NYR2k2 mentioned, maybe he can also fetch us some mid-round pick if he performs decently.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
To my knowledge, any day a guy spends on the roster, the team incurs a cap charge equal to one day of the player's salary. So if we're going to pinch pennies with Gettinger and Lettieri, we definitely will with Beleskey, who is still owed a decent chunk of change.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Well he missed most of the first month, and then was slow to get going coming back (one point in seven games). It has really only been the past two weeks that he has picked it up. I assume the team was hoping that Lettieri (or even Gettinger to an extent) would step up and grab the spot. But Beleskey only recently became a good choice.
Also, remember, he's more expensive as well, and we're yo-yoing guys up and down to save small amounts of cap space. So this move is deserved for Beleskey but not really ideal in any sense.

He was solid in camp. He has another year left on his contract. He’ll be 32 and looking for a job. He has a lot to play for so I think we’re going to see someone hungry.

Agree with all of the above. I know he’s not the be-all-end-all but with him and the vets coming back I suspect the team will play a lot better. I know it’s not ideal for the tank. But for better or for worse this is how the team is operating. I think there’s an argument for bringing the young players along in a somewhat more effective/winning environment.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I don't really understand why he was sent down if the intention was to keep him on the team. My guess is it had something to do with the cap.

Was he practicing with the team, or playing with the WP? If it's the latter, seems kinda ridiculous in a week of reportedly 'hard' practices, that he wasn't participating if the plan is to now have him be a 4th line staple.

I liked what he showed in the 1 game. I prefer kids getting chances, but it's not like Quinn hasn't tried. Gettinger was meh. Letteiri has just been awful and at the very least, needs to learn in the AHL (although I fear last year may have been an anomaly and he's not really an NHL player). Having 1 vet on that 4th line with 2 youngsters is probably for the best and Beleskey is a massive improvement over McLeod. Although this, along with Fogarty and Gettinger getting calls, seems to spell doom for Boo.

As NYR2k2 mentioned, maybe he can also fetch us some mid-round pick if he performs decently.

DBcUtoo.png

Can one of Beleskey and McLord play off-wing? I would die to see a line of MBA.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Because McLeod sucks.
He’s obviously not a long term piece but the man doesn’t suck. Sorry, it’s a peeve of mine, none of these guys suck. Even if you’re talking relatively, ‘suck’ is not the right word at the nhl level. I just think these guys deserve more respect than that.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
He’s obviously not a long term piece but the man doesn’t suck. Sorry, it’s a peeve of mine, none of these guys suck. Even if you’re talking relatively, ‘suck’ is not the right word at the nhl level. I just think these guys deserve more respect than that.

Where is a dislike button when you need one. Are we really going to go there? That is one of the worst pet peeves I have ever heard, especially on this forum. Do you really, truly believe I think McLeod 'sucks' compared to beer league players, myself or even ECHL players? Come on.

McLeod sucks relative to his competition. No one is comparing him to the average joe. I am not disrespecting him. It's a fact. He is not a good player at the NHL level.

Would you prefer I said something like 'McLeod is one of the 1000 best players in the world for sure but he is terrible compared to the top 300 or 400'? This is just an asinine request.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad