Fogarty isn't anything special, but he's relatively solid defensively

Also RIP to Boo

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Wonder if they didn't call up Lettieri as punishment for his fight with Smith

Fogarty isn't anything special, but he's relatively solid defensively

Also RIP to Boo

I think you might be reading into this too much. It's only one game. IMO both Nieves and Lettieri have seen enough NHL action this year where they'll have a very good idea of what areas of the game to work to improve on over the summer. I suspect Nieves will be re-signed--Lettieri is already and they'll both compete for jobs out of training camp and though they might not make the cut they'll both see NHL time again next year.

Fogarty I suspect will not be re-signed but probably the Rangers wouldn't mind taking a last look. He is a big body--not all that far apart from Pierre-Edouard Bellemare as a comparable. Anyway they've seen a lot of Lettieri and Nieves--a one game reward to Fogarty IMO is not a big deal.

I'm just wondering if Zucc is going to be out again. But anyway I don't want us winning tomorrow anyway. Go Blackhawks tonight. They win and we're No. 8.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I don’t know why we didn’t think it to give beleskey a look on the fourth line this whole time.

I also don’t know why Nieves hasn’t been up centering the 4th line over holland or desharnais the past month. Kid is solid.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I think these are ‘thank you’s’ For a couple of guys who have worked hard for the AHL team. Obviously Beleskey for a shorter amount of time

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I think these are ‘thank you’s’ For a couple of guys who have worked hard for the AHL team. Obviously Beleskey for a shorter amount of time

No, it is likely because some ultraphysical play is expected today and they don't want to expose Chityl and Andersson to it.

They should have played Beleski in NHL after the trade instead of crap that we would lose via UFA anyway.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I don’t know why we didn’t think it to give beleskey a look on the fourth line this whole time.

I also don’t know why Nieves hasn’t been up centering the 4th line over holland or desharnais the past month. Kid is solid.
You know the reason. And you know that reason is no longer here.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I'm sure the next coach will make Beleskey and Nieves, and other washed out veterans and fringe rookies, a priority.

Reactions: Inferno

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I'd give Nieves another opportunity. He displayed some positive play while up here.

He did but for some reason wasn't recalled at the end of the year. He'll require waivers next season. I think he gets packaged as a throw in this summer with a Spooner/Names/Zuc trade.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I think Nieves as a cheap 4th liner was/is okay but his defensive game, including PK would need to improve for him to be seen as good for the 4th line.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
I thought Marek Hrivik was a much better version of Nieves. He barely scored when he was up here but his board play was excellent. I'm very surprised he couldn't stick in Calgary.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I thought Marek Hrivik was a much better version of Nieves. He barely scored when he was up here but his board play was excellent. I'm very surprised he couldn't stick in Calgary.

We've mentioned in other threads that sometimes these borderline players are not bad just overall unspectacular, and a coaching staff or management would rather want someone who is good at one thing in the lineup.

It's also very situational. Paul Carey may never play another NHL game, but because the Rangers depth stunk, and he showed he was able to occasionally stickhandle and get a shot off, he increased his pension.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->