Belarus: Belarusian prospects. Updates, reports.

Discussion in 'Eastern Europe' started by kunabai, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Mr Sniper Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
  2. kabidjan18 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Kronwalling
    Home Page:
    Mr Sniper likes this.
  3. su24 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    When a Belarussian moves to play hockey to Russia he has to become a Russian. Some of such players already represented Russia at the WJC:
    Daniil Misyul at eliteprospects.com
    Kirill Ustimenko at eliteprospects.com

4. Mr Sniper Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
  5. herbst20 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I havent seen any mention of it in this thread but Cedar Rapids (USHL) has 2 Belorussian players this season.

Ignat Belov - Big Power forward who while with Cedar Rapids has really improved his skating. Would guess he would be a 2 year guy before heading to UCONN
    Yegor Klavdiev raw but you can see the skill. It is a hard transition playing in the USHL at 16 years old. Nice player and look forward to his development.

6. Pan Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Hey, I'd really appreciate it if you could share more of your thoughts and observations on Klavdiev please, if possible. There's no much info on him since he moved to North America, except his stats on the USHL website. Does he get some playing time out there?

7. Pan Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    By the way, what a bunch of bulshit was that su24's posting.
    They get Russian passports only because they look for easy ways trying to make their career in Russia.
    Lot of kids have played and been playing in Russia without "being forced to become Russians". Alistrov, Kazyanin, Litvinov, Stepanov, Demchenko, Suvorov, Chezganov, Sapelnikov, Shurinov, Gavrilov - here is just some 2000-2003 born kids worth mentioning who had played in Russian junior leagues and then got back to Belarus/reported to Belarusian national teams easily. I'm not even talking about those who turned out not to be interesting for U-teams coaches here in Belarus, like Lapin, etc.
    I spoke with parents and kids and I can assure you that in 99% cases reason is only their hopes and wishes because they don't see themselves in future competing even for a legio-level spot in a KHL club, not saying about NHL career in which case Russian passport would be irrelevant.
    There's an example of a dad I spoke with whi has two kids playing in Russia and who told me that he was ok about his elder son playing for a Belarusian U-team but for his younger one he was going to get Russian passport because "somebody had told him that his son was looking somewhat decent so maybe we could try...blah-blah-blah". There is an example of two Russian clubs everyone told me about that they never, never, do-you-hear-me-NEVER let their kids play for other national teams except Russia and whose players easily came to play for Belarus U17 and U20 and then easily went back to the clubs to start scoring even more, inspired by playing for national teams.
    So the only thing that matters is what players want. That "Russia makes us get their passports" thing is just a myth. They always have a choise and options.

8. Pan Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    And the most ridiculous example of a kid "forced to become a Russian" is Daniil Misiul (and sometimes on Belarusian boards he is claimed to be some kind of a traitor). The kid was 6 y.o. when his family moved to Russia and he started learning and playing hockey in Yaroslavl. Just imagine a 6 yo child crying "mom, dad, I want to remain Belarusian", and angry Lokomotiv clerks saying "no little boy, you HAVE to be Russian if you want to come back to our school tomorrow".
    And by the way, his elder brother played for Belarus U20 after years of playing in Russia Oleg Misyul at eliteprospects.com Oops. Something doesn't add up.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  9. herbst20 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Klavdiev is dressing for about 75% of the games, but is usually in the bottom 6 (Usually 4th line) . Yes it is Juniors, but the USHL is a "Man's" league. By this I would say it is more focused on defense than offense. There is no denying Klavdiev's skill, it is there, but he is still trying moves he could get away with vs younger competition. VERY few 16 year old kids make a USHL roster, so for Klavdiev to do so means ALOT especially for a Mark Carlson coached team. He is going to take some lumps this year but I expect him to breakout more next season........that is if he doesnt go to the CHL in the import draft. I like him alot.

Pan likes this.
  10. Pan Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Many thanks!

11. Theokritos Moderator

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Eight Belarusian players picked in 2020 CHL Import Draft:

Alexei Kolosov (G) picked #22 by Erie Otters (OHL)
    Danila Klimovich (F) picked #29 by Rouyn-Noranda Huskies (QMJHL)
    Uladzislau Shyla (F) picked #45 by Prince Albert Raiders (WHL)
    Dmitri Kuzmin (D) picked #46 by Flint Firebirds (OHL)
    Vladislav Demidovich (F) picked #63 by Swift Current Broncos (WHL)
    Alexander Palchik (RW) picked #85 by Barrie Colts (OHL)
    Alexei Garapuchik (D) picked #96 by Calgary Ice (WHL)
    Sergei Kuznetsov (F) picked by #107 by Chicoutimi Saguenéens (QMJHL)

teravaineSAROS likes this.
  12. canucklax Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    What is behind the sudden surge of Belarusians going to the CHL? Is the U20 team management telling these guys to develop in Canada after a year or two with their national team?

teravaineSAROS likes this.
  13. ozo Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Their obvious quality is the main reason why there are more Belorussians in CHL than ever before, not much more to it than that.

14. kabidjan18 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Kronwalling
    Home Page:
    No...when it comes to CHL Import Draft it always comes down to the agents.

The quality of the players ebbs and flows, maybe increasing slightly, but pipelines are established through personal relationships.

canucklax likes this.
  15. Pan Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    It's not that I deny the agents factor at the CHL Import Draft but it looks like if Estonia had more agents with "personal relationship" they'd have 8 players drafted this year cause if you ask me their players quality seems to ebb and flow and maybe increasing slightly. What a shame for Estonia :(