Belarus: Belarusian Extraleague

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I just noticed from EliteProspects that all teams from Belarusian leagues have changed or upgraded their logos this summer. Cool and weird at the same time.

Was it Lukashenko's order to do so?

Same as some KHL teams like Jokerit they have a deal with Quberten which includes new logos and uniforms.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
It's my belief that the Dinamo Minsk marketing department is responsible for all of Belarusian hockey and they came up with this idea.

Reactions: Pardus

vtmx

Aug 27, 2019
Prague, CZE
But every single team/club changed their logos at the same time. That's really not ordinary.

I'd love to hear why did this happen.

Noticed this too whilst working on a personal project! I was actually on the hunt for the full res version of the logos, which led me to HK Gomel's VK page. I read a conversation between a fan and the admin of that page, with admin literally trashing the logo, saying it looks terrible and doesn't have anything to do with the club's history.

Now that's freaking strange. An admin of an official page, likely a PR employee, talking trash about the teams own logo on social media? Using the teams page, no less? I guess all of the teams were ordered to change the logos, that's the only reasonable explanation at this point.

By the way, is Dinamo Minsk gonna have a new logo too?

Reactions: Pardus

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
Belarusian Extralegue marketing got more centralized recently and most of the new things are being launched by the federation since it's the federation who runs the tournament. Common marketing regulations for the entire league are being implemented, there are common sponsors for the entire league including the title sponsor, new federation webside shall work similar to the NHL's with all the clubs websites functioning as sub sections of the main one, etc. Last week a contract was signed with the local web/TV network on 5-camera production for at least 200 games per year.
It was the federation's (where Dinamo marketing dept is involved indeed) idea to redesign logos of the clubs but the clubs were offered to do that, not forced. Inintially 8 or so clubs agreed and after internally presenting the results other clubs decided to join the project. Some club logos were totally redesigned, some clubs agreed for just a facelifting to be more web-friendly.
The thing is that it was not only logos being redisigned but all jerseys as well. The title sponsor gave money for the entire project so there are patterns and some easter eggs from the sponsor's brandbook/style on all the jerseys.
And yes, KHL's Dinamo got totally rebranded as well. Logo, colors, fonts, the whole conception. It's going to be revealed on Sep 2nd. But it's a huge separate project of their own, nothing to do with Extraleague except the same design company, Quberten.

Reactions: Pardus and Rigafan

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
Now that's freaking strange. An admin of an official page, likely a PR employee, talking trash about the teams own logo on social media? Using the teams page, no less? I guess all of the teams were ordered to change the logos, that's the only reasonable explanation at this point.
I guess you mean this thread
Wall
It is called "VK group of HC Gomel fans" and the post pinned on the top says it's an unofficial page.

Last edited:
Reactions: vtmx

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Has Belarus federation really parted ways with pointstreak stats tracking? :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad