Belarus into QF!

Icekube

Feb 22, 2006
Richmond VA
Belarus knocked out Switzerland 2-1 to secure 3rd spot in their group. They will face Finland on May 18. Apparently they were fighting back the storm by the Swiss in the end of 3rd period.

Congratulations to Belarussian team and fans!

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
Yes, I'd like to congratulate team Belarus as well.

They are my favourite team after Finland.

They have been so impressive in this tournament, they have 3-4 all-star calibre players:

Andrei "a-mezin" Mezin, the best goalie in the tournament hands down, yet again I might add. He would be a top 10 maybe even top 5 goalie in the nhl had he gotten the chance to play there imho.

They also have Mikhail Grabovsky, future superstar along with Zadelenov and Skabelka.

Thak god Finland doesn't have to face Sweden in the QF, but Belarus might be equally tough. I alredy fear the QF, because Norrena is nowhere near as good as Mezin and I can almost guarantee that the finnish players will underestimate the power of Belarus. If Finland doesn't give 100% were dead.

twelve

May 19, 2005
Belarus fully deserved the win.

Great game by Mezin and a very good powerplay-formation made all the difference.

Congratulations for winning and reaching the quarterfinals!!

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
twelve said:
Belarus fully deserved the win.

Great game by Mezin and a very good powerplay-formation made all the difference.

Congratulations for winning and reaching the quarterfinals!!

Hey you, don't you know that you're not supposed to be classy and write sportsmanlike comments after your team has lost. At HF you're supposed to be blaming the refs, the ice, weather etc. ;)

VladNYC*

Very proud of this team. Im really rooting for em as much as i am rooting for Russia.

barfy2000

Jun 23, 2005
Whitby, Ontario
Matti_A said:
they have 3-4 all-star calibre players:

Andrei "a-mezin" Mezin, Mikhail Grabovsky, future superstar along with Zadelenov and Skabelka.

No love for the Kostitsyns? Well Sergei isnt playing....but Andrei is no slouch....

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
It was lovely to see the post-game celebration by the Belarussians, such unified spirit - they obviously are a Team with a capital t. If we underestimate them one bit, we'll have very tough time on Thursday...

devilman

Feb 27, 2002
Burn Berne
Boucicaut said:
Hey you, don't you know that you're not supposed to be classy and write sportsmanlike comments after your team has lost. At HF you're supposed to be blaming the refs, the ice, weather etc. ;)

Ok, here you go ;)

The ice quality was so bad, also the refs were ANTI Swiss, the bio weather conditions were also against the Swiss Team. Also I see a conspiracy between Sweden, Slovakia and Belarus (of course Russia and Ukrania were involved too).

Slovakia won vs. Sweden for free.
Belarus was forfeited by the refs and ice conditions, Mezin abused dope (or he wouldn't have played that great)
Russia played only on 50% vs. Sweden
Ukrainia got money to loose 0-x in the Qualifying round
The whole world has gone crazy since the Swiss beat Canada and the Czechs in Torino, all countries deceided to mob the Swiss team.

Ok, Belarus deserved to win, the Swiss Team ran out of gas.

twelve

May 19, 2005
devilman said:
Ok, here you go ;)

The ice quality was so bad, also the refs were ANTI Swiss, the bio weather conditions were also against the Swiss Team. Also I see a conspiracy between Sweden, Slovakia and Belarus (of course Russia and Ukrania were involved too).

Slovakia won vs. Sweden for free.
Belarus was forfeited by the refs and ice conditions, Mezin abused dope (or he wouldn't have played that great)
Russia played only on 50% vs. Sweden
Ukrainia got money to loose 0-x in the Qualifying round
The whole world has gone crazy since the Swiss beat Canada and the Czechs in Torino, all countries deceided to mob the Swiss team.

Ok, Belarus deserved to win, the Swiss Team ran out of gas.

lol.

Yeah, I'm all for blaming Sweden. They just don't like us. :D

Is that unclassy enough to fit into HF, Boucicaut? ;)

Seriously, it would be nice if we could complain, but the referee was fair, the ice was bad, but it was the same for both teams, and we can't even say that our own team didn't try, because the player interviewed after the second period was so out of breath he had difficulties speaking, and the players were so tired in the last few minutes that they fell over their own feet.

Last edited:

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Might be a dumb question, but Kolosov hasn't made the jump to the Belarussian national team, has he?

twelve

May 19, 2005
sarcastro said:
Might be a dumb question, but Kolosov hasn't made the jump to the Belarussian national team, has he?

He isn't on the official roster, so he's either on the 'taxi-squad' or not on the team at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->