Being a Panther fan can take its toll

HockeyRulez

Panthers hockey since 1993
Nov 11, 2010
The Sunshine State
I get the feeling sometimes that we as an organization are turning the corner in becoming a great hockey franchise. I sometimes get the feeling that we are becoming more then just an entertainment group and really want to become an every-year contender. I get the feeling that we are establishing a winning culture in which we accept nothing less then winning.

But then I come up on another thing that suggests otherwise. That winning is great but its not the end of the world if we lose and get ridiculed by the fans of other teams. According to management, as long as they make people happy, winning or losing is fine. I just don't understand how someone can be okay with just making money while having a mediocre team....

This is exactly what I'm talking about:
http://panthers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=657960&navid=DL|FLA|home

I hope you guys understand and share my frustration...

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
I get the feeling sometimes that we as an organization are turning the corner in becoming a great hockey franchise. I sometimes get the feeling that we are becoming more then just an entertainment group and really want to become an every-year contender. I get the feeling that we are establishing a winning culture in which we accept nothing less then winning.

But then I come up on another thing that suggests otherwise. That winning is great but its not the end of the world if we lose and get ridiculed by the fans of other teams. According to management, as long as they make people happy, winning or losing is fine. I just don't understand how someone can be okay with just making money while having a mediocre team....

This is exactly what I'm talking about:
http://panthers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=657960&navid=DL|FLA|home

I hope you guys understand and share my frustration...

The best part of the blog is that it's all about customer service and the Panthers have none. But like you said for him it's not about winning it's all about $$$$$ and that sucks. But until we get a stupid rich owner that's the way it is going to be.

TheEkbombIsReal

Paaaaaanthers
Aug 19, 2011
Gothenburg
I think Yormark would've been fired a long time ago if he would've been working in Sweden :laugh:

The fact that he pretty much says that it's about the money and that people should go home "happy" even after a loss is laughable.

Oh well...

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Off topic but anyone notice that Stanley C Panther has been acting like a d*** lately?

It's not the same Stanley - remember they laid Stanley (he was also cowboy) off during the lockout and I believe he got a job in Houston.

The new Stanley is terrible!

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Off topic but anyone notice that Stanley C Panther has been acting like a d*** lately?

That was pretty hilarious last night as he got incredibly booed for stealing the match of musical chairs. I mean it was all in fun, but I'm sure that's not helping the new Stanley's credibility.

Clockwork4168

#CatsAreComing
Oct 16, 2012
Hialeah, FL
Funny you guys bring up that musical chair segment. I wasn't at the game but on Fox Sports during the intermission they showed a few seconds of that and when stanley took the chair from the kid I thought the same thing. what a jerk lol

SufferingCatFan

Apr 6, 2008
fort lauderdale
Back to the topic....anyone else notice that the Panthers raised season ticket prices by$17? It is just a back door way to eat up the credit that the Team owes it's STHs for the 18 games that were not played this season.:cry:

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
It's not the same Stanley - remember they laid Stanley (he was also cowboy) off during the lockout and I believe he got a job in Houston.

The new Stanley is terrible!

Hold on a second. He was the dancing cowboy from a few seasons ago?

Mind = blown

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
you know what I'm actually tired of, these types of threads, Yormark this Yormark that....it's like trying to complaint about the obvious while at the same time being hypocrites...and please my fellow Panthers fans, don't take this the wrong way or as an insult please...it's just that I'm asking to put things more into perspective...

ZOMG!!!! Guyzzz didz u zeez the adzzz in ze urinalzz zomg!!!----- and I'm just like, SO freggin whaaat?? Like this whole freggin world isn't just 1 big add campaign, we ourselves are walking ads, everything has a logo on it, from the toothbrush you use in the mornings, to the tshirt, shorts, socks, shoes, hats , watch, car everything we're all 1 big fregging walking add sign...get over it..

same thing with these moronic add campaigns from Yormark, ok so what? He's a business man, he's trying to run a business, what isn't a business in this world? Sorry to break it to you folks, but if you want Yormark to have a Jerry Maguire moment then that's the day our franchise might disappear or he'll be fired...

Perhaps it's like we suck so much that we have to vent anger somewhere else, I bet 100% if this franchise had a good playoff team nobody would give a rat's ass about what Yormark does...

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
you know what I'm actually tired of, these types of threads, Yormark this Yormark that....it's like trying to complaint about the obvious while at the same time being hypocrites...and please my fellow Panthers fans, don't take this the wrong way or as an insult please...it's just that I'm asking to put things more into perspective...

ZOMG!!!! Guyzzz didz u zeez the adzzz in ze urinalzz zomg!!!----- and I'm just like, SO freggin whaaat?? Like this whole freggin world isn't just 1 big add campaign, we ourselves are walking ads, everything has a logo on it, from the toothbrush you use in the mornings, to the tshirt, shorts, socks, shoes, hats , watch, car everything we're all 1 big fregging walking add sign...get over it..

same thing with these moronic add campaigns from Yormark, ok so what? He's a business man, he's trying to run a business, what isn't a business in this world? Sorry to break it to you folks, but if you want Yormark to have a Jerry Maguire moment then that's the day our franchise might disappear or he'll be fired...

Perhaps it's like we suck so much that we have to vent anger somewhere else, I bet 100% if this franchise had a good playoff team nobody would give a rat's ass about what Yormark does...

Agreed. Yormark is what he is, a soulless hack and a corporate *****, but the Panthers are in a better business position with him than without him. Get over it.

With regard to, "Being a Panther fan can take its toll," yeah, no ****. I've been a fan of this franchise for 20 years. It definitely takes its toll. We didn't make the playoffs for a decade. There are 30 teams in the league... 16 make the playoffs every year. It should have happened by, like, by accident in that time span. And we're not going make the playoffs this year, after finally winning the division last season. So much for the light at the end of the tunnel.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007

Doubt it. There would still be issues with Yormark even if we were playing well. Club Red is a good example.

Panteras

Sep 14, 2009
Doubt it. There would still be issues with Yormark even if we were playing well. Club Red is a good example.

true, it's a ridiculous amount to pay for Club Red, nevertheless, you also have to think that 1) if we were better there might not be a need for this gimmick, 2) if we were better then there might be many more people to pay that kind of money...

hey listen, I'm poor, I don't have a problem sitting in the nose bleeds, I'm not crying about it...if you were a sth in that area, then either don't be sth anymore or get them somewhere else...boo hoo..

Jan 19, 2006
true, it's a ridiculous amount to pay for Club Red, nevertheless, you also have to think that 1) if we were better there might not be a need for this gimmick, 2) if we were better then there might be many more people to pay that kind of money...

hey listen, I'm poor, I don't have a problem sitting in the nose bleeds, I'm not crying about it...if you were a sth in that area, then either don't be sth anymore or get them somewhere else...boo hoo..

So if you sat in the same seats for 12 years, the team finally makes the playoffs and the organization rewards you by kicking you out of your seats... you would be okay with that?

Benched

Jan 2, 2007

1) and 2) Club Red was opened a year after we made the playoffs.

I'm fairly certain that if you were a season ticket holder (especially a long time one) in that area, the best seats in the house, prior to this year that was used to paying $5K only to be told you had to pay three times as much to keep your seats this year you'd be quite upset. They alienated those fans in a town that needs all the hockey fans it can get. It looks horrible on television (every other team's fans notices it and comments on it) and it's becoming a running joke. Not sound business sense.

Jan 19, 2006
I'm fairly certain that if you were a season ticket holder (especially a long time one) in that area, the best seats in the house, prior to this year that was used to paying $5K only to be told you had to pay three times as much to keep your seats this year you'd be quite upset. They alienated those fans in a town that needs all the hockey fans it can get. It looks horrible on television (every other team's fans notices it and comments on it) and it's becoming a running joke. Not sound business sense.

Keep in mind also that people held onto those seats during bad seasons, not because they wanted them for that season, but because the expectation/hope was that when the team turned things around, they would be rewarded for their loyalty by having "the best seats in the house" for a good & popular hockey team. They kept buying seats because they wanted to save their spot.

Think those people will ever trust SSE again?

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Keep in mind also that people held onto those seats during bad seasons, not because they wanted them for that season, but because the expectation/hope was that when the team turned things around, they would be rewarded for their loyalty by having "the best seats in the house" for a good & popular hockey team. They kept buying seats because they wanted to save their spot.

Think those people will ever trust SSE again?

In a word, no. I know I wouldn't. I wouldn't buy another ticket until SSE sold.

Then again, I did just buy Marlins tickets. Different situation but it goes to show I'm a sucker for going to games, no matter what.

Panteras

Sep 14, 2009
So if you sat in the same seats for 12 years, the team finally makes the playoffs and the organization rewards you by kicking you out of your seats... you would be okay with that?

Would I "be ok" with that, I don't think most people would, but I wouldn't have some sort of vendetta and keep crying about it, like I said , either don't be a sth anymore or get them somewhere else....is that really that hard? I don't know maybe that's just me...perhaps because like I said, I try to put things into perspective and realize that this is the reality of the society that we live in, for better or for worse...did you not get higher taxes starting in January? Yeah, no how dat feels brah, sucks but c'est la vie...

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Would I "be ok" with that, I don't think most people would, but I wouldn't have some sort of vendetta and keep crying about it, like I said , either don't be a sth anymore or get them somewhere else....is that really that hard? I don't know maybe that's just me...perhaps because like I said, I try to put things into perspective and realize that this is the reality of the society that we live in, for better or for worse...did you not get higher taxes starting in January? Yeah, no how dat feels brah, sucks but c'est la vie...

Comparing taxes to hockey ticket prices is a pretty bad comparison.

Panteras

Sep 14, 2009
1) and 2) Club Red was opened a year after we made the playoffs.

and we suck now...not making the playoffs...my point still stands..plus I wish Club Red was the only thing people here talked about Yormark..

dude, I get it, it sucks, I have not said to the contrary, what I'm trying to say is that they're business man, and these threads popping up every week is frankly unnecessary, just ranting about the obvious...it's a marketing ploy to try to get more money, simple as that....like I said, either show your anger by not becoming a sth or changing it to somewhere else simple as...

Jan 19, 2006
In a word, no. I know I wouldn't. I wouldn't buy another ticket until SSE sold.

Then again, I did just buy Marlins tickets. Different situation but it goes to show I'm a sucker for going to games, no matter what.

Yeah, when a Panthers season ticket holder can look at you and call you a sucker, then you can be pretty sure that you have hit rock bottom. :laugh:

(Joking aside, you must really love your baseball to put up with that crap.)

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Yeah, when a Panthers season ticket holder can look at you and call you a sucker, then you can be pretty sure that you have hit rock bottom. :laugh:

(Joking aside, you must really love your baseball to put up with that crap.)

Diehard. Have been for a long time. It's painful. But I got a good deal. When you buy Opening Day tickets, you get free tix to another game. So you can suffer a bit more.

HockeyRulez

Panthers hockey since 1993
Nov 11, 2010
The Sunshine State
The best part of the blog is that it's all about customer service and the Panthers have none. But like you said for him it's not about winning it's all about $$$$$ and that sucks. But until we get a stupid rich owner that's the way it is going to be.

....its such a shame. We have such passionate fans down here that really want to support a winning team, but the feeling isn't mutual with management....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad