Boston Bruins Behind the B: Season 5

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
The new episode tonight was good. The best part was Miller, McQuaid, Krug, and Bergeron getting to see Craig Cunningham in Arizona. :nod::thumbu:

McAvoy, Carlo, Bjork and DeBrusk playing nhl video games as their teammates was funny. One of them had Chara at center. Maybe that explains him crashing the net the next game :laugh:

DeBrusk with his family after scoring his first goal was cute. He gave the puck to gramma. Awww. :)

Also, if I was on the other team and Chara repeatedly yelled at me to settle down, I would probably try to dig a hole in the ice to crawl into :laugh:

Reactions: TCB

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
enjoying this season more than previous one`s thus far. I typically lose interest after the 1st episode as I like getting "caught up" with players and some of the behind the scenes stuff but I find they generally turn into a pretty polished, generic episodes. Maybe it`s the new blood in the lineup but liking it more so far

Reactions: talkinaway

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I agree; the summer episodes are better, because they have more behind the scenes footage. If you're watching the Bruins games regularly, or even if you just watch the highlights, the game recaps aren't all that interesting until they hit the locker room, unless someone mic'ed up says something funny. There were only two games covered IIRC, and in the home opener, there was plenty of DeBrusk backstory during the game to keep it interesting.

It's never going to hit the peak, which was the first episode of the first season, with all the Seguin trade footage...

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I watched the new episode tonight. They showed where they took the dads to dinner in Nashville. Since I live near Nashville, I was curious so I looked it up.

Kayne Prime Menu

One of their appetizers is "housemade bacon" and you can either get peppercorn or.... Maple cotton candy bacon. I can't even imagine :laugh: but at those prices, my imagination will just have to do!

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I watched the new episode tonight. They showed where they took the dads to dinner in Nashville. Since I live near Nashville, I was curious so I looked it up.

Kayne Prime Menu

One of their appetizers is "housemade bacon" and you can either get peppercorn or.... Maple cotton candy bacon. I can't even imagine :laugh: but at those prices, my imagination will just have to do!
Oh my. That would be dangerous to learn how to make...

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Yesterday's episode:

Postma's dog is so cute! :heart: And big, and he's only two!! :eek: And I still want one lol

The fourth line taking about looking good :laugh:

Bergeron calling the team "my guys" when thanking them for coming to the ping pong tournament

Holden locked out of the arena and having to find a back way in :laugh: He seems like a good guy

Reactions: Alicat

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
So I just binge watched all 10 episodes after today's game. Last year I found the series kind of boring, but I have been enjoying this year more, just like the team itself.
It is definitely great to see development and training camp. I think they are using more ice level cameras during the mic'ed up games, which makes the action look much faster.
Some funny things:
1. During Christmas shopping for the kids when Backes notices Tory has the "Operation" game and asks if you can remove the colon.
2. Brad mic'ed during the Rags game and making fun of Zucc's skate protectors "You don't block shots!" Also when he kept telling Vesey he picked the wrong team every time he skated near him.
3. Dobby trying to pick out a designer handbag for his wife at the mall as a Christmas gift.
4. Just about everything Pasta does is hysterical. Of course he would love Willy O'Ree's hat. And when the girl he was skating with at the family skate did a little figure skating jump, Pasta yells, "I can do that!" and does a not very good one. And how he didn't want the hair stylist messing with his hair on the photo shoot day.
The guys really seem to have a great locker room this year.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
So I just binge watched all 10 episodes after today's game. Last year I found the series kind of boring, but I have been enjoying this year more, just like the team itself.
It is definitely great to see development and training camp. I think they are using more ice level cameras during the mic'ed up games, which makes the action look much faster.
Some funny things:
1. During Christmas shopping for the kids when Backes notices Tory has the "Operation" game and asks if you can remove the colon.
2. Brad mic'ed during the Rags game and making fun of Zucc's skate protectors "You don't block shots!" Also when he kept telling Vesey he picked the wrong team every time he skated near him.
3. Dobby trying to pick out a designer handbag for his wife at the mall as a Christmas gift.
4. Just about everything Pasta does is hysterical. Of course he would love Willy O'Ree's hat. And when the girl he was skating with at the family skate did a little figure skating jump, Pasta yells, "I can do that!" and does a not very good one. And how he didn't want the hair stylist messing with his hair on the photo shoot day.
The guys really seem to have a great locker room this year.
I like to watch it. Some episodes are better than others. But it sure does seem like the room is good. :)

Reactions: FanSince72

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I watch this all the time, every year and enjoy all the behind the scenes action, love it.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
The bobblehead part was funny. Zee and the stick tape job :laugh:

Marchand appears to take wearing the A very seriously.

When the Bruins put out the video earlier this week advertising the Pasta bobblehead, the first thing I noticed was that the stick the bobblehead had was "authentic" - ie as if it was taped by a ferret with a seizure disorder. But I guess it was just Z's custom tape job....:laugh:

Reactions: Bruinaura

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad