Beginner looking for advice...

UDnyr92

Jan 6, 2011
Hello all,

i recently joined these boards, and its great to finally be a part of conversations ive been reading for months.

anyway, i picked up skating this past semester, and even got Bauer Vapor X15 hockey skates. my roommate is playing in a mens league next semester for the first time, and thats pretty much my goal eventually. still havent learned to stop or anything, im still getting comfortable with forward crossovers.

any advice is greatly appreciated!

Razzmatazz

Feb 2, 2010
See if there is a "learn to skate to play hockey" class available at your local rink, I highly recommend signing up for it.

Once you can at least slow down on your inside edges, start playing pickup games too...I found when I was actually playing (aside from the classes), I progressed a lot more quickly.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Razz pretty much summed up any info you'll need. Definitely find a "learn to play/skate" program, even better if you find a "learn to skate for hockey" because you can carry a stick. Go public skating as well.

In addition to drop-in hockey, go to stick-and-puck sessions if you can. Good luck!:handclap:

UDnyr92

Jan 6, 2011
alright thanks guys. unfortunately my school doesnt offer any sorts of classes for the actual students to learn, just little kids from the town. i guess ill just continue to go to as many public skating sessions as possible and talk to people to try to get better.

i appreciate the input!

Burket23

May 18, 2010
South Carolina
i learned alot just watching youtube videos to understand the mechanics of what i was suppose to be doing on the ice....And now i have the best slapper at my rink.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad