OT: Beginner/drop in leagues in the Lower Mainland

Kirk Mclean

Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver
Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone has any information about what the best/most suitable for someone who is pretty much a beginner. My buddies and I are looking to join a league next season, and we're not really sure where to look for one where guys like us wouldn't be total slobs out there.

We can all skate and shoot fairly well, and are in pretty good shape, however, we aren't good enough to be out there with guys who have been playing for years. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Cheers!

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone has any information about what the best/most suitable for someone who is pretty much a beginner. My buddies and I are looking to join a league next season, and we're not really sure where to look for one where guys like us wouldn't be total slobs out there.

We can all skate and shoot fairly well, and are in pretty good shape, however, we aren't good enough to be out there with guys who have been playing for years. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Cheers!

The Duffers Hockey League and the Adult Safe Hockey League had some good beginner-level divisions, IIRC. DHL plays mostly out of North Vancouver and Burnaby, while the ASHL is more widespread.

http://duffershockey.com/Duffers/index.asp

http://ashl.adultrechockey.ca/

HAMMY5

Jan 22, 2013
Abbotsford BC

AHL (Adult Hockey League) in chilliwack has a lower division sounds like it'd be a fit for you and your buddies.

Also you can hit up drop ins usually lots of skill levels at those get to play with a variety of people.

metric

May 6, 2010
ICE604 is really beginner and not the best run. Really late games and mostly no scorekeeper.
Coast Hockey is pretty good
ASHL is tough to get into and expensive but also most professional
Planet Ice has leagues for each of their rinks I believe.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Try VACHL, probably the most beginner friendly league in the lower mainland.

As for pick up games, try digging on hockey community. Once you get to know the folks who organize games, you'll find the beginner ice players circle isn't that big.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad