Confirmed with Link: Begin Signed

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
If he plays anything like what I remember from him I'm perfectly okay with having him on the team. Heck if he plays half as well as he used too he's going to be a great addition to the fourth line.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
O
Any update on Steve McArthy?

Cut, but flames are weighing his options.
I like the Begin signing, gives two centers out if four that can win some major faceoffs. If backs could get back into form, all bets are off.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Bruins fans thought he was a warrior when he was with them, but that he didn't have much by the end. After a major surgery, it'll have to be seen if he can still play at the NHL level. There's no question of effort, just effectiveness. If he still has something to give, then, it might not be a bad option for a 13th forward. Certainly better than Leblond.

And it's certainly nice to see it wasn't one of Feaster's trademarked two year deals.

Last edited:

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
Bruins fans thought he was a warrior when he was with them, but that he didn't have much by the end. After a major surgery, it'll have to be seen if he can still play at the NHL level. There's no question of effort, just effectiveness. If he still has something to give, then, it might not be a bad option for a 13th forward. Certainly better than Leblond.

And it's certainly nice to see it wasn't one of Feaster's trademarked two year deals.

Exactly, a one year deal, low risk high reward. I got no problem with this

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
http://www.rds.ca/zone-video/

Look at "La victoire d'un grand guerrier"

RDS excluvity

Hartley gives him the Calgary jersey and it's pretty emotional.

Hartley congratulates him and tells him how sweet that red jersey looks on him and that he's an example of perseverance.

Very nice moment.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
http://www.rds.ca/zone-video/

Look at "La victoire d'un grand guerrier"

RDS excluvity

Hartley gives him the Calgary jersey and it's pretty emotional.

Hartley congratulates him and tells him how sweet that red jersey looks on him and that he's an example of perseverance.

Very nice moment.

Wow great moment. You guys in Calgary have yourself have a true warrior. And Bob Hartley is awesome. I am sure the Flames will overachieve this year.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I think where his real value will come is showing guys like Howse/Ferland how hard work can get you to the show. In the end I doubt he spends much time with the Flames.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad