Before you buy NHL22, think about this:

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
As already said, I did not play 14 but 13.

During face-offs, you can do the move 10 times before the referee puts the palace into play.

It was a great game and the next gen NHLs went through a downturn.

The 18 had a lot of flaws but corrected in the 20.

By modifying the performance of the guardian in the option menu, you obtain very realistic goalkeepers.

The only failure of the 20 is the shootings
When I was a kid in the 90s, I thought there was no point in buying a sports game every year because there wasn't enough change from year to year.

You can buy a sports game every 5 or 10 years.
Complaining is the spoiled consumer mentality.

Video games are of excellent quality in very large quantities.

If you don't like the game, you don't buy it. I'm going to buy NHL 22 because I think it's going to be a really good one and I'm going to have a lot of fun doing franchise mode with a story I created.

Dirby Kach

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2009
It is so close to being a good game, but the cross crease makes it awful.
I have clips of me feeding the puck through 4 defenders in front of the net to score back door . its not fun, that should be an interception 99 times out of 100.

Reactions: x Tame Impala
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Let me start of by saying this, even during the PS1 era, I found myself the NHL Faceoff series with 989 Sports since EA had unrealistic gameplay (coast-to-coast one timer goals anyone?)

the most ‘fun’ I had with Be A GM mode is my current save with Legacy Edition on the 360. Before that? NHL 07, and before that, NHL04.

Like the myth of 2K which is supposedly more competent

2Ks Dynasty Mode definitely gives EA a run for their money. It’s definitely worthwhile.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I bought NHL 09 after I bought NHL 18. I found the game unplayable. I watched NHL 08; it's even more unplayable

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
1. Your skill is negated by your proximity to a server. It's a proven fact that players near servers have an advantage. EA has refused to acknowledge or do anything about this. This means that if you work hard and are great at this, you're still equal to an average player who lives next to a server (QC for example). Do you want to deal with that again?
2. EAs stance on puckragging (relayed to us on the official EA forum by CMs) is that they "don't see it as a problem". In thqt forum, our best opportunity to interact with them, they've refused to give transparency and/or commit to a concrete plan to combat it. It'll be there next year. Do you want to deal with that?
3. It's a proven fact that base gold teams magically catch up to higher rated cards. I'm telling any player who doubts me to go give a base gold team a try. Then remember that the point of the game is to earn better players..... who are useless against base golds. Do you want to experience that again?
4. Remember the GWC? The guy who won the whole thing, Eki, said the following after winning:
“It’s a bit of a shame that you can play this simple of an offense”
“I don’t love how you score goals right now”
“I have tried to play a pretty fast-paced, counterattack hockey with a lot of creativity, but it wasn’t getting me the tournament results.”
“During this 1.5 years, I have never felt truly in control of the game.”
“I scored most of my goals in the tournament the same way: be as fast as possible and wait for the cross crease.”
Even the guy who won the GWC takes shots at this game and confirms it's just a cross-crease race. Do you want that again?
Think about that before buying NHL22.
This stuff is the least of my concerns with this game. I don't care to ever compete at the highest of high levels. Just make something with updated gameplay. It's literally been the same shit for over a decade at this point.

And fix the f***ing menus. They are absurdly slow.

Bought every game since NHL 06...until NHL 21. Wasn't paying for another year of the same game.

Reactions: Saitama

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Let me start of by saying this, even during the PS1 era, I found myself the NHL Faceoff series with 989 Sports since EA had unrealistic gameplay (coast-to-coast one timer goals anyone?)

the most ‘fun’ I had with Be A GM mode is my current save with Legacy Edition on the 360. Before that? NHL 07, and before that, NHL04.

2Ks Dynasty Mode definitely gives EA a run for their money. It’s definitely worthwhile.
Played the hell out of NHL Legacy on a PS3 emulator for PC. Dynasty mode was so much better.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Should’ve put a disclaimer that it’s only for online play…

your comments would have no bearing on my decision to buy or not to buy.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
The main thing to consider should be all the other things you could do with the money. There aren't as many hours of pure fun unless you play at home on your couch with friends. Online modes are broken, especially HUT.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
It is so close to being a good game, but the cross crease makes it awful.
I have clips of me feeding the puck through 4 defenders in front of the net to score back door . its not fun, that should be an interception 99 times out of 100.
I play against CPU exclusively. Playing on All-Star and setting pass assist to zero has effectively eliminated the cross-crease arbitrage.

Reactions: Beville
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
NHL 99 (PC) gameplay - dirty game, RIP referee - YouTube

NHL 21 Gameplay (PS4 UHD) [4K60FPS] - YouTube

It would surprise me that you sincerely prefer to play NHL 99. Next to the 21, the game is disgusting.

People like to complain about nothing.

If you are going to call me out indirectly at least quote me. Yeah, I get it man, NHL games on the modern gen consoles are immaculate and gorgeous on the eyes.

you know what I don’t like? The blatant incompetence and inconsistent gameplay that never gets fixed, whether it’s online AND offline.

you know what I get out of NHL Faceoff 2001? Or any other retro title? Some actual decent gaming experience. No extra frill features, just basic gameplay.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
:laugh: There are still people bitching about "ice tilt". It doesn't exist. Stop with this. Accept your inadequacies. You're not as good as you think you are. The best players are the best players because they're good at the game, not because they have some special advantage or "ice tilt" in their favor. Stop it. It's childish. It's akin to believing the in the tooth fairy because you found a dollar under your pillow as a kid.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
:laugh: There are still people bitching about "ice tilt". It doesn't exist. Stop with this. Accept your inadequacies. You're not as good as you think you are. The best players are the best players because they're good at the game, not because they have some special advantage or "ice tilt" in their favor. Stop it. It's childish. It's akin to believing the in the tooth fairy because you found a dollar under your pillow as a kid.

Good to see people still shill for this game.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
The longer this takes to get announced the more I feel like it's going to be NHL 15 all over again. They were incredibly secretive and shady about the details of that game up until the week before it dropped, to try to fool everyone into buying a broken game with no content

Reactions: Kapteeni and russ99

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
The longer this takes to get announced the more I feel like it's going to be NHL 15 all over again. They were incredibly secretive and shady about the details of that game up until the week before it dropped, to try to fool everyone into buying a broken game with no content

atleast we had a trailer in june, I believe.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Not buying unless rebuilt from scratch next gen using the same engine as Madden and Fifa.

Looks like I’ll be waiting a while.

Frankly, EA, please dump this awful dev team, just because they’re in Canada doesn’t guarantee a stabile, quality release.

Cornwallace

Jun 24, 2021
This thread is hilarious watching people that competitively play the game online being told by casual franchise mode players that the game is actually good lol

Franchise mode isn't even good either which makes this thread all the more humourous. The AI teams are brain-dead and just handout contracts like there's 30 Jim Benning's running every other team. A couple seasons in and you start seeing elite to superstar players sitting out entire seasons because their teams couldn't fit them in under the cap... AI players on the ice are just as brain-dead and unenjoyable to play against.

You can track the downfall of the series with when David Littman stopped producing the games and Sean Ramjagsingh was put incharge. The first ever NHL he produced was 15...

Saitama

Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
This thread is hilarious watching people that competitively play the game online being told by casual franchise mode players that the game is actually good lol

Franchise mode isn't even good either which makes this thread all the more humourous. The AI teams are brain-dead and just handout contracts like there's 30 Jim Benning's running every other team. A couple seasons in and you start seeing elite to superstar players sitting out entire seasons because their teams couldn't fit them in under the cap... AI players on the ice are just as brain-dead and unenjoyable to play against.

You can track the downfall of the series with when David Littman stopped producing the games and Sean Ramjagsingh was put incharge. The first ever NHL he produced was 15...
Who in this thread is saying the game is good? Did you mix it up with another thread? Because I don't see anyone saying it. I do see people stating that the reasons that the OP posted are not the reasons they aren't happy with the game, but that's not the same as someone saying it's good. Your contract example was even mentioned earlier as a reason why someone didn't like it. I think you just wanted to post your "superiority" over the casuals and didn't bother to read anything in the thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->