OT: Bee's Bar: Where Everybody Knows Your Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Not related, but I very much want to go to Mexico City.
Huh? Why? I mean, i've been there, pollution, crime (ultra violent gangs), over population, shantytowns, drugs, prostitution. I mean, why not Cancun for a safe vacation? You can travel south from Cancun, the east coast is pretty cool & way cheaper once you leave Cancun & the Yucatan province bro!

Wait a sec. you're American, you could also just go south without crossing the border to have safe Mexican like fun travelling around.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Huh? Why? I mean, i've been there, pollution, crime (ultra violent gangs), over population, shantytowns, drugs, prostitution. I mean, why not Cancun for a safe vacation? You can travel south from Cancun, the east coast is pretty cool & way cheaper once you leave Cancun & the Yucatan province bro!

Wait a sec. you're American, you could also just go south without crossing the border to have safe Mexican like fun travelling around.
I've been to Mexico twice, both times the only time I left the resort was to get back to the airport.

Incredibly unsafe to be venturing around. Either you or your partner gets kidnapped, raped, or mugged. I honestly don't even like going there and will never step foot in South America either (My gf begs me to go to Brasil every year, I tell her f*** no every year).

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
I've been to Mexico twice, both times the only time I left the resort was to get back to the airport.

Incredibly unsafe to be venturing around. Either you or your partner gets kidnapped, raped, or mugged. I honestly don't even like going there and will never step foot in South America either (My gf begs me to go to Brasil every year, I tell her **** no every year).
Yeah depends on where you're trekking though. My trip started like this, couple off days in Cancun then to Tullum, 1 hr south. In order to save money i slept in a tent on the beach not too far from where we had to pay to get a cabana where you could hang your hamac. Next thing i know my tent was cut open & my backpack was used to steal the shit i left in the tent... from there i kinda felt free though, traveling with the bare minimum but... more careful.

Brazil is cool but if your gf wants to go to Rio's festival for instance, that's not even safe, you could get pickpocket in the crowd or mugged in a street even if there's a few other tourists going around.

Also, the typical, "hey let's buy some weed, it's cheap!", next thing you know the guy tipped the police and you're gonna cough out cash like crazy to get outta da corruption.

Ay Caramba!

This said there's safe spots but the city (Mexico La Ciudad) mostly suck$.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah depends on where you're trekking though. My trip started like this, couple off days in Cancun then to Tullum, 1 hr south. In order to save money i slept in a tent on the beach not too far from where we had to pay to get a cabana where you could hang your hamac. Next thing i know my tent was cut open & my backpack was used to steal the **** i left in the tent... from there i kinda felt free though, traveling with the bare minimum but... more careful.

Brazil is cool but if your gf wants to go to Rio's festival for instance, that's not even safe, you could get pickpocket in the crowd or mugged in a street even if there's a few other tourists going around.

Also, the typical, "hey let's buy some weed, it's cheap!", next thing you know the guy tipped the police and you're gonna cough out cash like crazy to get outta da corruption.

Ay Caramba!

This said there's safe spots but the city (Mexico La Ciudad) mostly suck$.
Yeah I've only been to cancun and cabo to resorts so I was in safe areas. But man I've heard some messed up stories from friends and strangers alike.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Yeah, I made the mistake of leaving the resort in Mexico. Highway signs not properly marked. Almost ran out of gas. Random checkpoint in some small town with dudes holding big guns. Luckily got thru no issue but others not so lucky and whole car searched. Almost back and pulled over and had to pay cops bribe.

I got some stories and saw some things but not sure it's worth leaving the resort.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
1660Ti-TR3.jpg

Tomb Raider 3 looks pretty beautiful all maxed out on ma new 1660Ti. She purrs like a day old kitten w/max settings. Get's a wee bit hot, but nothing abnormal.
Card was a steal for 300.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Anyone playing the Resident Evil 2 remake?

I have it on PC and I must say, I feel like a scared little boy when I play that game. Playing at night in the dark is a no no...... well actually I get pretty damn scared playing it in daylight alone.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I feel like I need a new username. I'm growing increasingly uncomfortable having to look at it every time I post :laugh:

I close on the house on Tuesday. And I got the final amount on money needed to close.

$$$$$$

:ha:

Luckily I've been saving up large amounts of money for years. But this is still quite the number.
Due to a workplace conversation I started doing some research (again, even though I'm years away from homeownership) on the financial aspect of buying a house... mortgages, down payments, etc. It's crazy. Mortgage insurance? "Closing Costs"? The f*** does that even mean?

My eventual goal is to just save a boatload of money, pay >20% down, 15-year mortgage and get it the f*** over with.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Are there any Paradox nerds out there? Those who are into CK2, Stellaris, EU4?
I just picked up 'Imperator: Rome' and it is outstanding. Anyone into those games or have Imperator?
I'd love to yap about some scenarios and choices if anyone is into those games.
I know it is a long shot of someone here liking those games =P
They require hundreds of hours and some serious dedication, but are extremely gratifying once you nail the learning curve and get into the games.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I close on the house on Tuesday. And I got the final amount on money needed to close.

$$$$$$

:ha:

Luckily I've been saving up large amounts of money for years. But this is still quite the number.

(Premature) Congratulations!

Remember . . . send me the home improvement videos so I can hawk them as a home improvement comedy show to HGTV. :razz:

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Anyone playing the Resident Evil 2 remake?

I have it on PC and I must say, I feel like a scared little boy when I play that game. Playing at night in the dark is a no no...... well actually I get pretty damn scared playing it in daylight alone.
I'm still playing Friday the 13th on Nes.

Reactions: shoplifter

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I don't follow baseball that closely. How good is Vladimir Guerrero Jr supposed to be? Literally every Canadian media outlet is showing him this morning.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Since I finally got my GPU up and running I can play my old backlog since I couldn't play mostly everything running integrated.

I started up 'Kingdom Come: Deliverance' and it is pretty hot stuff boys.

Anyone here play that title?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Since I finally got my GPU up and running I can play my old backlog since I couldn't play mostly everything running integrated.

I started up 'Kingdom Come: Deliverance' and it is pretty hot stuff boys.

Anyone here play that title?
it's on my list of games I want to play. I might get to it in a few years :laugh:

Reactions: shoplifter

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
it's on my list of games I want to play. I might get to it in a few years :laugh:
I had it since last year, but like I said I was limited running integrated, but since my new gpu I can finally play demanding titles like this one.

The combat is super interesting, they went for a more simulation style approach over arcadey slash and button mash nonsense. The damage is inflicted and dealt with realistically and killing everyone you defeat is not always honored nor the best approach to dealing with issues.

There are also numerous ways to achieve success for an objective. IE: This one quest I had to deal with this drunkard who owed me money. I fist fought him at first trying to get my money after he denied giving it up peacefully (he initiated the fist fight to alpha dog dominance me so I wouldn't persist asking again in the future). He whooped me though no doubt. So I couldn't either steal his stuff when he was away as the first and easiest approach. I could poison his food pot cooking in his house. I could lock-pick his stock pile safe in his bedroom. But nah... I went and got my boys and we jumped his arse and laid a counter whooping to what he did to me --- NOT to mention he made my mother think I was a punk when she had to treat my wounds and clean the blood off my face. HAH!

It is fun yo, but it takes some time doing things and saving is wonky. Not sure if they fixed the saving thing in future updates. It's fun and I recommend it. In a few years when you pick it up you will enjoy!

Reactions: Ogrezilla
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->