OT: Beer Thread II

SLang

Nov 29, 2005
Huntington Beach, CA
I'm guessing that Pacifico's taste is it's advertising whereas Corona's ad campaigns are to get you to buy it despite it's skunk-like smell and nasty taste!

Cutty Sarkn3ss*

I'm guessing that Pacifico's taste is it's advertising whereas Corona's ad campaigns are to get you to buy it despite it's skunk-like smell and nasty taste!

Smells like weed. . for 2 seconds

DIEHARD jr

Sep 10, 2008
I Forgot?
I normally wouldnt be posting on this thread (due to my age) but DTKF asked me to post for him while hes working.

So me and DTKF went to the recently opened BevMo by his work and he bought some of his favorite beers and some new ones to try and he asked me to take some pictures of what he bought and say what the are so here it is.

View attachment 40690
From left to right: St Sebastiaan Belgian Ale, Meantime London Porter, Fullers 1845 Ale, Bear Republic Red Rocket Ale, Stone Smoked Porter Ale, Reaper Redemtion Red Ale, Wychwood Fiddler's Elbow Ale, Krusovice and Wychwood Hobgoblin Dark English Ale

DIEHARD the King fan

Apr 6, 2008
blueline to slot
I normally wouldnt be posting on this thread (due to my age) but DTKF asked me to post for him while hes working.

So me and DTKF went to the recently opened BevMo by his work and he bought some of his favorite beers and some new ones to try and he asked me to take some pictures of what he bought and say what the are so here it is.

View attachment 40690
From left to right: St Sebastiaan Belgian Ale, Meantime London Porter, Fullers 1845 Ale, Bear Republic Red Rocket Ale, Stone Smoked Porter Ale, Reaper Redemtion Red Ale, Wychwood Fiddler's Elbow Ale, Krusovice and Wychwood Hobgoblin Dark English Ale

Thats MY boy!

DIEHARD the King fan

Apr 6, 2008
blueline to slot
Enjoying one of these right now, after an agonizingly long day of traffic school (and NO, I couldn't do it online -- the 12 hour course needs to be done in person) As for the beer, very good, similar to a Chimay with a bit more bitter caramel flavor. Definitely enjoyable

Last edited:

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
This is pretty meh.

main_image.jpg

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
Xingu is excellent if you want to try something new. They have it at Bevmo so its not too hard to find. Their slogan sums it up perfectly "Light & Dark - Smooth as silk".

You would not expect a beer this dark to be so smooth.

300_85644.jpg

Captain Mittens*

Xingu is excellent if you want to try something new. They have it at Bevmo so its not too hard to find. Their slogan sums it up perfectly "Light & Dark - Smooth as silk".

You would not expect a beer this dark to be so smooth.

300_85644.jpg

try to get your hands on a milk stout some time

DIEHARD the King fan

Apr 6, 2008
blueline to slot
Drinking a

rogue%20dead%20guy%20ale%20review.jpg

Its is good. (They sell the beer glasses for that at Pier One)

But if YOU are making that trip to BEVMO, I would think YOU would go for some Reaper Ale. They have three different kinds, and after i sample some later this week, I'll let you know how it is. They have it at the BEVMO that just opened up less than 50 yards from my office. Its been open 3 whole days and I've already spent over $125.00 on BEER.

Re: Xingu, couldn't find it there this afternoon, but I bought these instead:

Olde Suffolk English Ale (BevMo rating 97)
La Chouffe [Belgain Trippel] (BevMo rating 93)
Paulaner Salvator [German Double Bock] (BevMo rating 98)

Last edited:

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Its is good. (They sell the beer glasses for that at Pier One)

But if YOU are making that trip to BEVMO, I would think YOU would go for some Reaper Ale. They have three different kinds, and after i sample some later this week, I'll let you know how it is. They have it at the BEVMO that just opened up less than 50 yards from my office. Its been open 3 whole days and I've already spent over $125.00 on BEER.

Re: Xingu, couldn't find it there this afternoon, but I bought these instead:

Olde Suffolk English Ale (BevMo rating 97)
La Chouffe [Belgain Trippel] (BevMo rating 93)
Paulaner Salvator [German Double Bock] (BevMo rating 95)
I've had la Chouffe and Paulaner salvator. Like Paulaner salvator much more.

DIEHARD the King fan

Apr 6, 2008
blueline to slot
Just finished one of the best beers I have ever had, REALLY

The Paulaner - Salvator is simply unbelievable for a Double Bock.
It is right up there with a Chimay, but you have to remind yourself you're drinking a Double bock, because it doesn't have the weight that you'd expect.

Last edited:

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
I just tried one of my stouts for the first time in several months and I'd have to say it's matured really well. The raspberry taste has really mellowed out, which makes it much smoother. I'll work on getting those packages out to those of you who requested to try it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->