Beer Prices

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
$9.50 all in for domestic tall boy here in St. Catharines
I believe $10.50 for premium, Coors Banquet is considered “Premium” here in this 905.
Entrance to the washrooms is free

Reactions: three dog night

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
I think a tall in Erie is $6.50 USD, but I normally don't buy it so don't quote me.

If you ever want to come to Erie for a weekend trip, on Thursday's a lot of the bars here have .25 cent drafts from what I've heard.

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
In Erie my wife buys a 24 oz Stella for $7.50. A 16 oz Southern Tier IPA runs $6.50. There are many different selections at different areas of the arena. They have a pretty good selection at EIA, and I think the prices are pretty reasonable.

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
In Hamilton, I actually don't recall at the exact beer prices. I know often on Fridays, the team has 10 oz (I think) cups on tap for $3 before puck drop at the Bud lounge.

I believe it goes up to $5 and $8 (for a 14oz) during the game. I think they also have those really big king cans for $13 (bigger then tallboys). Usually though most stands have $9 for a tallboy of Bud/Bud Light at most booths

The only one I know for sure though is they have a single stall that serves various varieties of Mill St for $11.25. Organic, Tankhouse, 100th Meridian, IPA, Wit and Cobblestone Stout (but for some reason, no glasses).

Basically, it looks par for the course from what everyone else seems to be posting.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Not a big drinker but for what I recall beer at the Bayshore is around 4.50-9.50 depending on glass size and and brand.

Mixed drinks ring up to about 4.50 for rye whiskey shot and mix which is pretty much on par with any local bar.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I remember my first year at school at laurentian we could get 4 coors for 19 bucks

Back in the day at the Aud in Kitchener, me and my buddies would go to the games before hitting the bars. I remember you could get 5 beer tickets for 9 bucks (1980's) at the old blue line club at ice level behind the penalty box. Three beers before the game and one for each intermission. (No beer in the stands back then. We had to finish them up before we went back to our seats).

As for today's prices? I couldn't tell you. I drive to the games now and refuse to drink even one. But I'm betting now that the 9 bucks wouldn't buy me one beer today!!

moose311

Dec 30, 2015
As for today's prices? I couldn't tell you. I drive to the games now and refuse to drink even one. But I'm betting now that the 9 bucks wouldn't buy me one beer today!!

It's been a couple of years since we bought beer at the Aud - prices are out of control. I think it's up to $9.50 for anything better than a Coors Light (and those might be 9 bucks...) That's a LOT of markup, but I guess people are still buying, so good on them.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Back in the day at the Aud in Kitchener, me and my buddies would go to the games before hitting the bars. I remember you could get 5 beer tickets for 9 bucks (1980's) at the old blue line club at ice level behind the penalty box. Three beers before the game and one for each intermission. (No beer in the stands back then. We had to finish them up before we went back to our seats).

Have they changed the beer in the stands rule at the Aud? It seems like the intention backfired. When I visited about 6 or 7 years ago the concourse was filled with guys double-fisting and chugging during intermission. Not the healthiest way to go about it.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
On weeknights, we can get a 12oz can of Rolling Rock for only $2 in Flint. Two other beers available at that price...PBR and Busch Light, I believe. All the different Tall Boys are $5-6, and there are a bunch of craft beers available. I don't think I remember ever paying more than $6 for one of those. (US Dollars).

Last edited:
Reactions: Drop the Puck

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Have they changed the beer in the stands rule at the Aud? It seems like the intention backfired. When I visited about 6 or 7 years ago the concourse was filled with guys double-fisting and chugging during intermission. Not the healthiest way to go about it.

In 2008 when we hosted the Memorial Cup was the first time they allowed alcohol in the stands.

I'm not sure but there may be dry sections. To be honest, I can't see paying the inflated prices when you can buy it at the beer store much cheaper.

But that's me. I'm a cheap SOB!!!

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
In 2008 when we hosted the Memorial Cup was the first time they allowed alcohol in the stands.

I'm not sure but there may be dry sections. To be honest, I can't see paying the inflated prices when you can buy it at the beer store much cheaper.

But that's me. I'm a cheap SOB!!!
I could stand to take a page out of your book. The prices are indeed obscene. I shouldn’t pay it out of principle. Likely as much of a habit at this point as anything else too.

Reactions: rangersblues

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
I confess, I have been known to stuff a couple of tall boys in my Teddy Bear a few years back.
Other sneak beers in their big jackets that I know of.
Most certain that goes on more now with the cost of the beers so high.

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010
I miss weeknight games in Plymouth. I remember going their 5 years ago for a game with my dad. Pizza and 5 pints (split between us) in the restaurant before the game. Bill came to just under $30. The concession prices for beer that game was $2.

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
In September I had the opportunity to attend a WHL game between Portland and Seattle. I was in Oregon for my niece's wedding, and being an opportunist, I couldn't pass this up. It was the home opener, and a terrific game. My tickets were $46.00 each. Beer (a 12 0z IPA) was $11.00. It was pretty much what I would pay for beer at a Penguin's game. The tickets were only $9.00 less than upper deck seats for the Pens. That was an eye opener.

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
You won't be doing that in Erie, what with the metal detectors and wands that became standard last year. It is simply becoming ridiculous anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->