Becky Lynch Thread

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
You know how the past few weeks we've been talking about Ronda's verbiage sounding overly scripted? It's how she really talks. Now you see it.

Worst thing that WWE can do is overscript her promos. She needs to get tossed out there and learn how to talk. Lots of guys who were good or even great promos later in their careers struggled a lot early on. Even a guy like Steve Austin wasn't a great promo early in his WCW career, he had to grow into it. I guess this is the downside of being put straight into the main event.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Worst thing that WWE can do is overscript her promos. She needs to get tossed out there and learn how to talk. Lots of guys who were good or even great promos later in their careers struggled a lot early on. Even a guy like Steve Austin wasn't a great promo early in his WCW career, he had to grow into it. I guess this is the downside of being put straight into the main event.

She’s not getting the same mandate of scripted promos that everyone else does. Somehow she just talks like that supposedly. Might be why they let her go.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I actually thought that was a good line from Ronda.

Becks changed her bio again

Reactions: KIRK

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
There was some feminist on Twitter trying to drag Becky for calling herself The Man and thereby implying to be a man is to be superior and she should call herself "The Woman". What Becky did was flip the script. "The Man" is the term for the top guy in wrestling and yes, it has always been male. Cena, Reigns, AJ, DBryan are all fighting to be called "The Man" by Vince. Becky is saying she's the top star in WWE and she is The Man. No female performer has ever had the guts to stake that claim.

I didn't care for Ronda's promo last Monday not because it was political (and kind of all over the place in that context) but well, because it was all over the place, period.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That line about women's evolution was really the only good line if you're someone who is rooting for Ronda, like that part of it made sense. But it's also like shooting at a tank with a pistol. There's extra levels to this that connect on Becky's side.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

I’ve actually never seen the equipment they use for treating concussions.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Bear with me as I try to think of plausible fantasy booking scenarios for the Rumble:

- Becky, still as champ, is barred from entering the Rumble by Paige/Shane. Becky is adamant that she still wants her shot at Ronda. Authority figures tell her that she might be obligated to defend against the Rumble winner.

- Spot late in the Rumble where Nia runs roughshod. Eliminates a few while everybody is laid out.

- Surprise entrant "Io Shirai" in full robe and mask makes her way to the ring. Nia charges but takes a couple trademark Becky suplexes. "Io" sets up for the armbar and unmasks. Becky continues the barrage on Nia and proceeds to eliminate her.

- Becky wins, calls out Ronda. WM match is set up.

- And this is probably a bit too much, but maybe have it set up where it's Becky, Charlotte, Bayley, and Sasha as the final four in the Rumble. The latter three get eliminated in a manner where they're still lingering ringside. When Ronda comes out for the obligatory staredown, Shayna Baszler, Jessamyn Duke, and Marina Shafir come out to get Becky from behind. Charlotte, Sasha, and Bayley then run back in to clear the ring. Seeds for Horsewomen vs Horsewomen planted for later.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I still think they should turn the Horsewomen actually into the Horsewomen with Becky as the Ric Flair leader. Just “heels” running rough shod on everyone, and Becky making more and more grandiose claims in her promos.

You can run that for a year on both shows with two running their show and interacting at the PPVs and then do a breakup angle and finally do that fatal 4 way which would be money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad