Becky Lynch Thread

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I wouldn't put it passed Vince to give Charlotte Becky's character.
I don’t put it past Vince that now that Charlotte got a huge positive reaction, that ends up going back in at Wrestlemania, and you make it the match people want by giving them Becky.

Reactions: ColePens

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
I wouldn't mind psychopath Charlotte. The pressure of being a Flair has gotten to her and she snapped. That's not Becky's character.

But they don't have the guts to take someone they want as the face of the division in that role.

She doesn't have the acting or non-verbal communication skills to be a passable psychopath character. Yesterday's "break glass in case of emergency" booking doesn't change that. They are free to try it though I guess?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I fully believe the crowd will go ape **** if they push Becky back down the card.

As I told you last night, I THINK what happens is that they let this Charlotte-Rousey thing play out while having Becky get revenge on Jax.

I'm not sure IF that goes through Mania. It would be a huge mistake if it does, and I wouldn't put it past Vince.

I'm wondering if you have Becky get revenge on Jax at Royal Rumble, assuming she's ready. There, you have the Charlotte-Rousey return match. At that one, Rousey gets her revenge with Baszler/the whole crew jumping in, setting up a Charlotte/Becky versus Rousey/Baszler or Horsewomen versus Horsewomen scenario at Mania. THEN, you run
the teams angles through the summer before starting the slow build towards Becky versus Rousey at Mania 2020.

ALTERNATIVELY, I could see how this turns into a triple threat match at Mania 2019..

That said, yeah, like you, IF Becky is screwed out of Mania, people will **** all over Charlotte versus Rousey as much as they've **** on anything you've perhaps ever seen.

cc: @Scandale du Jour

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
She doesn't have the acting or non-verbal communication skills to be a passable psychopath character. Yesterday's "break glass in case of emergency" booking doesn't change that. They are free to try it though I guess?

So maybe she's only psycho once the match is going on. Because that she part she got over well. She looked frightening last night. Like the Bride of Frankenstein with her hair all messed up. But Vince won't like that either.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
They’ll put Becky in a triple threat and we’ll be expected to thank them

Apparently I wasn't the first one with this idea. :laugh:

Speaking of things fans would **** all over. Becky getting screwed in a triple threat match would be on par with the way they **** stuff like Batista's return.

That said, in fairness, I have to add this:

They let Becky be herself, and you got Austin.

Last night, you got to see Charlotte stop forcing trying to be a face. I was going to say she was like her daddy a little last night, but honestly it may be more like the Nation of Domination version of The Rock (from smiling to entitled scorn for everyone). I thought that character was pretty cool last night, and I have zero problem IF Vince is smart enough to let Charlotte go with it. Austin versus Nation Rock was some pretty entertaining stuff, no?

As for Rousey, she's a ******** cartoonish version of Rowdy Roddy Piper. That sucks. BUT, I'm not sure that I want her to be a female Lesnar either. Watching her sell, I think they should just let her be the REAL Rowdy Roddy Piper, because I'll bet that's who she naturally is best suited to be.

Austin, the Nation Rock, and the old school Rowdy Roddy Piper all transcended the face/heel way of looking at things.

IF Vince wasn't going to **** it up, which you KNOW he will, he really could have something special here with these 3.

So maybe she's only psycho once the match is going on. Because that she part she got over well. She looked frightening last night. Like the Bride of Frankenstein with her hair all messed up. But Vince won't like that either.

This is why I just said REAL RRP. Where you're just waiting for the crazy to come out . . .

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
This is why I just said REAL RRP. Where you're just waiting for the crazy to come out . . .

I was talking about Charlotte.

I don't really see Ronda as anything like Roddy Piper at all so far. She's does too much of a babyface act so far for that. She's a lot closer to Bruno Sammartino actually if you ever watched how he used to get riled up as he was selling.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I was talking about Charlotte.

I don't really see Ronda as anything like Roddy Piper at all so far. She's does too much of a babyface act so far for that. She's a lot closer to Bruno Sammartino actually if you ever watched how he used to get riled up as he was selling.

I called it cartoonish version of Piper, but yeah Sammartino is a decent comparison. I just wish they'd let her be more of the real version of Piper, because I think she's better suited to that anyway.

As for Charlotte, apologies for not following. As noted, I would prefer that they have her go the way of the Rock, when he abandoned being a face and joined the Nation. The 'I'm too good for this and you' angle. IF they try to make her Becky, it will blow up in their faces.

EDIT: Of course Vince is dumb enough to try it anyway. :(

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I think Rousey is awesome, and is getting better every time we see her. That said, I can't stand her coming out, stopping on the ramp looking around smiling like a geek. I get it, she's a mark herself, but god damn. Gear down on it a bit.

I'm going to LOL if she does it tonight, though.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
As I told you last night, I THINK what happens is that they let this Charlotte-Rousey thing play out while having Becky get revenge on Jax.

I'm not sure IF that goes through Mania. It would be a huge mistake if it does, and I wouldn't put it past Vince.

I'm wondering if you have Becky get revenge on Jax at Royal Rumble, assuming she's ready. There, you have the Charlotte-Rousey return match. At that one, Rousey gets her revenge with Baszler/the whole crew jumping in, setting up a Charlotte/Becky versus Rousey/Baszler or Horsewomen versus Horsewomen scenario at Mania. THEN, you run
the teams angles through the summer before starting the slow build towards Becky versus Rousey at Mania 2020.

ALTERNATIVELY, I could see how this turns into a triple threat match at Mania 2019..

That said, yeah, like you, IF Becky is screwed out of Mania, people will **** all over Charlotte versus Rousey as much as they've **** on anything you've perhaps ever seen.

cc: @Scandale du Jour

I know they will have The Man avenge her injury, but I would hope they would not put her at risk by booking her against the Obese Glacier.

However, I think you are right having the program extend over 2 years. The story basically writes itself.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I know they will have The Man avenge her injury, but I would hope they would not put her at risk by booking her against the Obese Glacier.

However, I think you are right having the program extend over 2 years. The story basically writes itself.

If only you could count on Vince NOT screwing it up.

Becky is Austin. Obviously.

Charlotte last night. I went back and forth on it, trying to peg it. I think it reminded me of The Rock joining the Nation. Not what happened, but the attitude. I really HOPE this is where they go with her. Have her come out and talk about how she's sick of smiling for all the fans and now she's out for herself. I think she can do that disdain like The Rock of the Nation days.

And, as I said, Austin versus The Nation Rock was some great stuff.

The problem is figuring out Rousey. She can't be a face. I does NOT work. BUT, I don't think she should be a female Lesnar. She's got some personality. And, she sells really well when she wants. That's why I thought REAL Piper. I mean, she loves the guy so much, fine, let her be the real him, not some cartoonish character.

I don't know. Adding Baszler for tag matches. Then Horsewomen versus Horsewomen. Having them take turns against one another and triple threats.

Yeah, it's a good 2-3 years of programming. Quality programming . . . IF Vince doesn't **** it up (which he will).

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You know how the past few weeks we've been talking about Ronda's verbiage sounding overly scripted? It's how she really talks. Now you see it.

Reactions: KIRK

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Becky hasn’t slept. On social media day and night triggered. Lol

3E97895F-2D3A-4008-B966-CC41B5C6ADC3.gif

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It's a controlled triggered, though. She's like a chess-master. She's 3 steps ahead. She knows what you are going to reply before she even posts.

That's the true art to trash talk. If you can be 3 steps ahead and say the right things, you win. It's not always about yelling/screaming/being tough. She's a master at this.

Reactions: KIRK and koyvoo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad