Recalled/Assigned: Beaudin, Kalynuk, Johnson, and Delia(conditioning) to Rockford

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
deHaan will fetch a 3rd at the least...dependable minute dman with a yr left at somewhat of a decent caphit, also a Seattle exposable option...

Zadorov is a pending rfa, who oddly enough gets it done, but for some reason has a very slow stick? Lumbering like

Carlsson will fetch us something, I'd move Carlsson for a rental like Patrik Nemeth(very underrated) in Detroit...Nemeth is hard to play against and would be a good fit with Boqvist

If CDH is fetching at least 3rd in flat cap with 4,5 cap hit, he shouldn't be sold cause he would be playing great.

I still don't want to sell Carlsson because I see him replacing eventually one of the vets.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Look out. JC about to run another young d man out of town. Get your excuses ready:sarcasm:

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Look out. JC about to run another young d man out of town. Get your excuses ready:sarcasm:
Relax...when I see Bowey dress ahead of Beaudin, then start you're JC stuff...

If this were a 'normal' regular season there'd be no Taxi Squad...the days of Nick Seeler sitting for five games, playing for one, aren't happening this year...when the seasons done some players careers will be done...

Brandon Pirri has skated in one game this year total, if it were a 'normal' season he'd be leading Rockford in pts

Beaudin, Kalynuk, Johnson, Entwistle, etc etc need game action...everyone has to remember we had Boqvist, Carpenter, Wallmark, Beaudin out with COVID on top of Toews, Dach, Nylander being out

stahl

Mar 26, 2011
Beaudin belongs in the NHL. Not a fan of this move.

You should be. It gets the guy playing time as he was just going to be scratched. For his long term development this is a good move. Be happy we finally have more than 6 NHL ready Dmen. Beaudin is an NHL caliber dmen but he needs to play. This is really what all these moves are and there will likely be similar moves this year. It's good that Delia will get some games.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

If this were a 'normal' regular season there'd be no Taxi Squad...the days of Nick Seeler sitting for five games, playing for one, aren't happening this year...when the seasons done some players careers will be done...

Brandon Pirri has skated in one game this year total, if it were a 'normal' season he'd be leading Rockford in pts

Beaudin, Kalynuk, Johnson, Entwistle, etc etc need game action...everyone has to remember we had Boqvist, Carpenter, Wallmark, Beaudin out with COVID on top of Toews, Dach, Nylander being out

Bowey is a righty, Beaudin a lefty. You don't play a defender on his off side unless you really have to or got one of the very few proven to be capable of playing both sides equally. At this point, they're not gonna play Beaudin over Keith, DeHaan or Zadorov. Beaudin will get more NHL time this season but for now, he'll be playing in the AHL which is still better than to sit in the press box.

Reactions: WeAreSoPucked

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Bowey is a righty, Beaudin a lefty. You don't play a defender on his off side unless you really have to or got one of the very few proven to be capable of playing both sides equally. At this point, they're not gonna play Beaudin over Keith, DeHaan or Zadorov. Beaudin will get more NHL time this season but for now, he'll be playing in the AHL which is still better than to sit in the press box.

But Beaudin played plenty on the right side. I wonder actually how many of his minutes were as RHD with Zadorov. I liked that pairing very much too, he was doing well on the right side. Natural lhd ok, but he handles RHD duties just fine.

I get the get him more minutes argument, but his demotion I think is more because he's the greenest at this point. Was there much difference between his performance and Boqvist's? I think Beaudin was actually better.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
But Beaudin played plenty on the right side. I wonder actually how many of his minutes were as RHD with Zadorov. I liked that pairing very much too, he was doing well on the right side. Natural lhd ok, but he handles RHD duties just fine.

I get the get him more minutes argument, but his demotion I think is more because he's the greenest at this point. Was there much difference between his performance and Boqvist's? I think Beaudin was actually better.

I agree. Still, you don't play a defender on his off side unless you absolutely have to. Beaudin will be back this season.

Reactions: Muffinalt

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
If CDH is fetching at least 3rd in flat cap with 4,5 cap hit, he shouldn't be sold cause he would be playing great.

I still don't want to sell Carlsson because I see him replacing eventually one of the vets.
Carlsson is a likely target for Seattle at this point. Unless like Carpenter is open and they want him or Subban keeps this up and they see him as a piece.

Reactions: featherhawk

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
You should be. It gets the guy playing time as he was just going to be scratched. For his long term development this is a good move. Be happy we finally have more than 6 NHL ready Dmen. Beaudin is an NHL caliber dmen but he needs to play. This is really what all these moves are and there will likely be similar moves this year. It's good that Delia will get some games.
The point is that he shouldn't be getting scratched.

Is De Haan apart of the team's future? No. Why is he playing over Beaudin? Even with Zadorov, Beaudin is more important than him going forward.

The Hawks need to resolve this "logjam".

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
The point is that he shouldn't be getting scratched.

Is De Haan apart of the team's future? No. Why is he playing over Beaudin? Even with Zadorov, Beaudin is more important than him going forward.

The Hawks need to resolve this "logjam".
Beaudin to montreal for Kaiden guhle

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Carlsson is a likely target for Seattle at this point. Unless like Carpenter is open and they want him or Subban keeps this up and they see him as a piece.

I think Carlsson has trade value normally but the expansion messes things up as most teams would be unable to protect him so they wouldn't trade assets for him. We might lose out on this one but such is the nature of the expansion draft.

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
It looks like JC wants to keep the vet-rook pairs on defense to build the rooks' skills and confidence. Best to have Beaudin playing in Rockford than sitting on the bench in Chicago. I like his game, and Carlson as well, but best they get more ice time and coaching. They will be back. I know Delia was sent on a conditioning loan to avoid waivers. He needs to play and he sure won't get any minutes in Chicago now.

Reactions: WeAreSoPucked

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017

I guess I better put two of these :sarcasm: next time to drive home it’s a joke. I have no problems with JC this year so far outside of Carpenter on the pp.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
It looks like JC wants to keep the vet-rook pairs on defense to build the rooks' skills and confidence. Best to have Beaudin playing in Rockford than sitting on the bench in Chicago. I like his game, and Carlson as well, but best they get more ice time and coaching. They will be back. I know Delia was sent on a conditioning loan to avoid waivers. He needs to play and he sure won't get any minutes in Chicago now.

The decision had to be made as the team couldn't keep playing 7 Dmen and 11 forwards. It would be a bad idea, especially in a compressed schedule. And Carlsson/Beaudin playing in RFD is better than sitting waiting their turn.
As well, as some have mentioned, chances are that one of these two young Dmen will be recalled due to injury. de Haan and Murphy both are injury-prone to a degree.

Reactions: crazyhawk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad