Recalled/Assigned: Beaudin, Kalynuk, Johnson, and Delia(conditioning) to Rockford

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Beaudin is a LHD and they already have 4 LHDs on the roster and Boqvist is a RHD and they only have 3 on the roster...not to mention that the 3 LHDs actively playing each game are all vets that will not sit for Beaudin..Boqvist has less competition for minutes unless they move someone to the right side and sit a vet to play Beaudin...It seems like a logistics thing as much as anything, there is a log jam on the left side atm

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Beaudin is a LHD and they already have 4 LHDs on the roster and Boqvist is a RHD and they only have 3 on the roster...not to mention that the 3 LHDs actively playing each game are all vets that will not sit for Beaudin..Boqvist has less competition for minutes unless they move someone to the right side and sit a vet to play Beaudin...It seems like a logistics thing as much as anything, there is a log jam atm
The Hawks are short right shots anyway, as Dach, Shaw and Nylander are injured. Right now, at forward their only right shots are Cat and Carpenter.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Was Tomkins actually playing well? The moves on paper feel like they're basically trying to improve Rockford's team by inserting youth they want to play every night but do not have a spot for them in the NHL but they have to promote some players to be roster compliant so they called up some AHL guys to sit instead of players they see with a potential future in NHL...Is this assessment off base and the players they called deserving of games in NHL?

Noooooooooo, he was very much not. These moves definitely improve Rockford. Losing Brad Morrison is annoying though.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
I’m fine with these moves honestly.

These kids need to be playing.

Side note: When the hell did Hakkarainen get drafted by the hawks?!?! I definitely remember him on Muskegon in the USHL. Completely missed that one.

Good player at that level, nice two way game, doubt he sticks in the NHL though.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Beaudin has played better than Boqvist. This appears to be clearly a situation of the Hawks feeling the must keep Boq on the Hawks instead of letting him work on his game at Rockford. I don’t know why they think that is the better choice. But if I was Beaudin, I’d be a bit choked by this decision. Play better than the golden child but you still get sent down.

Agreed. Boqvist was always expected to struggle this season but we're now at a point where you have to wonder if the NHL is necessarily the right place to develop him now. Beaudin on the other hand has looked good and, in my view, deserves a longer look.

I'm still fine with this though. Beaudin is a lefty and they're not gonna sit Keith, Zadorov or De Haan to play Beaudin. Beaudin will get his chances.

Last edited:
Reactions: WeAreSoPucked

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Too bad JC doesn't have the balls to sit CdH for a game or two.
meh, perhaps but CDH will likely be out before to long with a shoulder injury or a trade...Beaudin will be a regular this year again at one point IMO

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
Short term its better for all 3 young dmen to get regular playing time. They aren't going to scratch any of the vet dmen and playing 7 d limits the minutes they can play. Beaudin will be back if someone gets hurt or when De Hann is traded.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Is calling Delia’s move conditioning a way to send him down and get around waivers?

CBA 13.8:

Conditioning Loan. Unless a Player consents, he shall not be Loaned on a Conditioning
Loan to a minor league club. Such Conditioning Loan shall not extend for more than fourteen
(14) consecutive days. The Commissioner may take whatever steps he deems necessary to
investigate the circumstances under which a Player is Loaned on a Conditioning Loan. If the
Commissioner has reason to believe or determines that the Club has used the Conditioning Loan to evade Waivers, or otherwise Circumvent any provision of this Agreement, he may take such
disciplinary action against the Club, as he deems appropriate
. The Player shall continue, during
the period of such Conditioning Loan, to receive the same Paragraph 1 NHL Salary, and be
entitled to the same benefits, that he would have received had he continued to play with the Club.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
wonder if they're working on a trade including Delia...they could easily give him a start but chose to send him to Rockford but he has to be up within 10 days or something like that

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
wonder if they're working on a trade including Delia...they could easily give him a start but chose to send him to Rockford but he has to be up within 10 days or something like that

If they wanted to trade him, they'd have waived him...which is the only way to get anything back for him. No team is gonna trade for a guy like Delia to put him on their nhl team. Such a trade would be purely for organizational depth. Chances of Delia getting claimed are slim but still. No team is gonna pay for a goalie they might lose again. Also, goalies still don't have any value.

I'd honestly just waive the guy. Better goalies have cleared...Stolarz or Nedeljkovic for example. Stalock will probably get waived soon. Makes no sense to have Delia sit around.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
If they wanted to trade him, they'd have waived him...which is the only way to get anything back for him. No team is gonna trade for a guy like Delia to put him on their nhl team. Such a trade would be purely for organizational depth. Chances of Delia getting claimed are slim but still. No team is gonna pay for a goalie they might lose again. Also, goalies still don't have any value.

I'd honestly just waive the guy. Better goalies have cleared...Stolarz or Nedeljkovic for example. Stalock will probably get waived soon. Makes no sense to have Delia sit around.
Still have to have 3 goalies on the roster and taxi squad

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Still have to have 3 goalies on the roster and taxi squad

Yeah but Delia needs to play and chances of him getting claimed are slim. This move buys Delia 14 days with Rockford but it's just a short term solution.

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
Too bad JC doesn't have the balls to sit CdH for a game or two.

CdH said in a recent interview that he's happy with his own play this season, and he felt it's better than what it showed in fancy stats and to the eye test.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
deHaan will fetch a 3rd at the least...dependable minute dman with a yr left at somewhat of a decent caphit, also a Seattle exposable option...

Zadorov is a pending rfa, who oddly enough gets it done, but for some reason has a very slow stick? Lumbering like

Carlsson will fetch us something, I'd move Carlsson for a rental like Patrik Nemeth(very underrated) in Detroit...Nemeth is hard to play against and would be a good fit with Boqvist

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad