Recalled/Assigned: Beaudin, Kalynuk, Johnson, and Delia(conditioning) to Rockford

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
Did Beaudin piss in JC's cheerios? Otherwise....
c69b5ba3bd8b3f3b8d7216b091af60b8.gif

TheDoorDoctor

Mar 6, 2013
ONT
The fact is that our D is packed and Boqvist is higher priority and Mitchell is more ready. Beaudin cant get better sitting on the bench. So now he plays top minutes in the AHL and will hopefully bring him up later and/or deal with this log jam over the summer.

The hawks are in a playoffs spot and they will not sacrifice that to play rookies. While de Haan definitely. has his...off days, he is still a decent veteran who eats minutes that the coaches trust more.

let Beaudin get even better down there.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
(Yes, thank you for taking Tommy away from Derek King)

Was Tomkins actually playing well? The moves on paper feel like they're basically trying to improve Rockford's team by inserting youth they want to play every night but do not have a spot for them in the NHL but they have to promote some players to be roster compliant so they called up some AHL guys to sit instead of players they see with a potential future in NHL...Is this assessment off base and the players they called deserving of games in NHL?

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Was Tomkins actually playing well? The moves on paper feel like they're basically trying to improve Rockford's team by inserting youth they want to play every night but do not have a spot for them in the NHL but they have to promote some players to be roster compliant so they called up some AHL guys to sit instead of players they see with a potential future in NHL...Is this assessment off base and the players they called deserving of games in NHL?

You're spot on, AFAIC.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Well then I hafta disagree with that depth chart. Beaudin had a few bad moments in one game and it seems that was enough for JC to sit him ... and then demote him.
Beaudin was getting killed consistently in fancy stats. Boqvist has nights where he's really good and others where he's bad. I'm going to have to disagree with you and agree with JC and Stan.

Even on nights where Boqvist was underwater possession wise he was still above water in expected goals percentage.

In fact, Boqvist and Carpenter are the two top skaters on the Hawks in that category.

Reactions: bwana63

Hawkey

Sep 15, 2005
Beaudin has played better than Boqvist. This appears to be clearly a situation of the Hawks feeling the must keep Boq on the Hawks instead of letting him work on his game at Rockford. I don’t know why they think that is the better choice. But if I was Beaudin, I’d be a bit choked by this decision. Play better than the golden child but you still get sent down.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Beaudin has played better than Boqvist. This appears to be clearly a situation of the Hawks feeling the must keep Boq on the Hawks instead of letting him work on his game at Rockford. I don’t know why they think that is the better choice. But if I was Beaudin, I’d be a bit choked by this decision. Play better than the golden child but you still get sent down.
What have you done lately. Their last couple games each not the case, if he's bitter that's a terrible attitude. Thinking either has been far in away better is silly to me. They've both bounced up and down and the last taste is in Boqvists favor.

Reactions: Clownish

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Beaudin got sent down because he hasn't played better than Boqvist. It's not just fancy stats either.....Boqvist isn't making the egregious mistakes in his own zone anymore and Beaudin was. It's really that simple.

Reactions: bwana63

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary

I mean I agree a little bit. Ok that Beaudin's game slipped a little and he's the greenest on paper, but then Boqvist isn't held to the same standard coz he doesn't get demoted after his mistakes.

Strange coz JC was so high on Beaudin. Maybe they see a specific issue he needs to clean up (too calm with the puck which leads to turnovers?).

I understand we have too many vets and too many rookies/young guys but little sour taste in my mouth.

Too bad about Johnson too, although he's not on the level of our other bottom sixers so development time for him is nice.

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Now that they are back from the road, Chicago can send a few players down the road to Rockford to get some game time in. If an injury happens or a sudden need for any of those guys it’s a simple call up. Otherwise it makes sense that they go play some games oppose to practice as a taxi squad.

keep Delia down to play as many games as possible.

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
lol

Colliton has answered the balls question. Think you're confusing balls with brains. He's made a stuff ton of good decisions. But go ahead and second guess him: it's what we do.

eventually they will move DeHann or Zadorov and Beaudin will be a regular

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad