Beatles sound-alike (let's make an album)

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017

You're the second one to propose the Tears for Fears song so I guess there's something there that I don't quite hear. On the other hand, the Olivia Tremor Control song is right on the money (!), and a very good piece too. I don't know anything about that project, are there a lot of nice stuff like that to discover?

As for XTC, I was wondering if/when they'd get in this thread. I like them a lot, but to me, their signature is too strong. I can't hear the Beatles, I only hear XTC!

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
You're the second one to propose the Tears for Fears song so I guess there's something there that I don't quite hear. On the other hand, the Olivia Tremor Control song is right on the money (!), and a very good piece too. I don't know anything about that project, are there a lot of nice stuff like that to discover?

As for XTC, I was wondering if/when they'd get in this thread. I like them a lot, but to me, their signature is too strong. I can't hear the Beatles, I only hear XTC!

Clearly I missed the first reference to the TFF song, but for starters the first two chords are a clear reference to I Am The Walrus.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Clearly I missed the first reference to the TFF song, but for starters the first two chords are a clear reference to I Am The Walrus.

Are you speaking of the drum riff? Otherwise I'm really not surewhat chords you're talking about.

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
There's the story (don't know how true) about a fairly well-known British music executive who when this song started playing in a public place exclaimed, "Right on. This is my favorite Beatles' song".

Especially, the last 45 seconds or so when it sounds more like Lennon not Barry Gibb.

My Best-Carey

Reactions: Violenza Domestica

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad