Beatles sound-alike (let's make an album)

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
How about the most blatant direct rip off of a Beatles song to ever top be a top 10 hit

Don't Look Back in Anger piano part is also a direct rip off of Imagine. Which by the way, I can't believe it's on page 2 without even a hint of Oasis

Very surprised too, but Oasis was maybe too obvious. Someone said he didn't like them, implying they sounded like the Beatles. I'm kinda surprised we still have no mention of The Flaming Lips too.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Very surprised too, but Oasis was maybe too obvious. Someone said he didn't like them, implying they sounded like the Beatles. I'm kinda surprised we still have no mention of The Flaming Lips too.
So while most of the music ITT pays tribute to the Beatles musical aesthetic, it is very hard to replicate the actual melodic quality of their songs.
That's what separated Oasis from everybody else....sure they definitely have a Beatles vibe sonically, but the songs themselves are just top shelf brit pop songs that really hold up.

Reactions: Violenza Domestica

Ralph Spoilsport

Jun 4, 2011
Marshall Crenshaw. His break in showbiz came playing John Lennon on Broadway in "Beatlemania!" Evolved from a copycat to a fine songwriter who had fully absorbed his influences and made some of the best records of the early 80s. Had the recipe for the Beatles' secret sauce--particularly the bold simplicity and brash sincerity of their "pronoun period"--so of course he's gonna use it.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
So while most of the music ITT pays tribute to the Beatles musical aesthetic, it is very hard to replicate the actual melodic quality of their songs.
That's what separated Oasis from everybody else....sure they definitely have a Beatles vibe sonically, but the songs themselves are just top shelf brit pop songs that really hold up.
Somewhat, but I think that does a disservice to the melodic quality of The Beatles, personally.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Though the title is the same as the Beatles tune, this is a David Usher song that borrows heavily not from A Day in the Life, but from Across the Universe:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad