OT: Bears & NFL Talk 84

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Making him a June 1 cut saves them like 9 mil which is big for a poor run blocker okay pass blocker for years

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
At the very least, this shows the Bears have an immense amount of faith in Jenkins, which is good to see/encouraging. I know a bunch of you hate Pace but he's generally pretty solid in terms of prospect evals (Trubisky notwithstanding).

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
At the very least, this shows the Bears have an immense amount of faith in Jenkins, which is good to see/encouraging. I know a bunch of you hate Pace but he's generally pretty solid in terms of prospect evals (Trubisky notwithstanding).
Did you forget about Kevin White or do you chalk that one up to career altering injuries?

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
It's just good news to me we are days after the draft and no. Oh these oline men thr bears drafted had major red or yellow flag injury scares like Williams/Cabrini

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
It's just good news to me we are days after the draft and no. Oh these oline men thr bears drafted had major red or yellow flag injury scares like Williams/Cabrini

You mean Carimi? He didn't have any major health red flags if I recall

With Williams everyone knew he had bad back but Angelo still went ahead and grabbed him for some unknown reason (To be fair the Bears doctors had to have given green light after looking at his medical file so that is on them as much as Jerry)

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
How about Adam Shaheen and others?

Shaheen was a bust. That's an L for Pace, fair is fair.

Because I'm bored, here's my Pace draft scorecard. I'm going to weigh it given that missing on a 7th is not the same as missing on a 1st, same if a 7th becomes a superstar vs a 1st. It'll certainly be an inexact science/my opinion but I'll try to be as fair as possible. For reference, I'm going to say that 1st rounders should be a very good to elite player, 2nds should be average starters, 3rds should be replacement level starters or good rotational pieces, 4ths should be rotational pieces, 5-7th and udfa are gravy but must be better than low-end backup/special teamer to make the cut. If they match that, they're a 0, if they surpass, they're+, ++ or, +++ depending on round/outcome. Same for the inverse:

2015:
1st - Kevin White (-, I know I said I don't hold it against Pace but I graded it on a curve as generally I'd give it a ---. A miss is a miss.)
2nd - Eddie Goldman (+)
3rd - Hroniss Grasu (-)
4th - Jeremy Langford (-)
5th - Adrian Amos (++)
6th - Tayo Fabuluje (0)
UDFA - Bryce Callahan (++)
UDFA - Cameron Meredith (+)

2016:
1st - Leonard Floyd (---)
2nd - Cody Whitehair (+)
3rd - Jonathan Bullard (-)
4th - Nick Kwitakoski (+)
4th - Deon Bush (0)
4th - Deiondre Hall (-)
5th - Jonathan Howard (+)
6th - DeAndre Houston-Carson (0)
7th - Daniel Braverman (0)
UDFA - Roy Robertson-Harris (++)

2017:
1st - Mitchell Trubisky (-----, generally I'll only go 3 + or - but given Mitch, ya).
2nd - Adam Shaheen (--)
4th - Eddie Jackson (++)
4th - Tarik Cohen (++)
5th - Jordan Morgan (0)

2018:
1st - Roquan Smith (+)
2nd - James Daniels (0)
2nd - Anthony Miller (--)
4th - Joel [Long last name] (-)
5th - Bilal Nichols (+)
6th - Kylie Fitts (0)
7th - Javon Wims (0)

2019:
3rd - David Montgomery (+)
4th - Riley Ridley (-)
6th - Duke Shelley (0)
7th - Kerrith White (0)
7th - Stephen Denmark (0)
UDFA - Alex Bars (+)
UDFA - Sam Mustipher (+)

Not gonna include 2020, but Mooney probably gonna be a ++, Johnson is at least a 0 if not a +, and Kmet is too close to call.
On this (admittedly bad) scale, Pace scored a 1. Without context that doesn't mean much (I didn't really want to do this for other teams I didn't know as well), but the scale is pretty harsh given it's easier to miss than surpass expectations. Of course you can nitpick this to death, but the main point is that Pace's draft record, besides Mitch, is very, very solid. It comes down to Fields at this point, but if Fields hits I am more than comfortable with Pace's drafting and think he can consistently add talent and value through the draft.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Leno was not good at all. Good riddance. I'll see what Pace does in FA or not to comment on Jenkins to LT.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
I have a feeling we will bring a guy in to play LT in free agency. Isn't Eric Fisher from the Chiefs a free agent now? I could see Nagy bringing him in.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
You mean Carimi? He didn't have any major health red flags if I recall

With Williams everyone knew he had bad back but Angelo still went ahead and grabbed him for some unknown reason (To be fair the Bears doctors had to have given green light after looking at his medical file so that is on them as much as Jerry)
Carimi had knee problems IIRC at the combine in 2011, IIRC. For a huge guy like that it should have been a massive red flag.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
For several years Leno was good

Very good at times

His recent struggles dont take away his productive past play

Leno hasn't been good in 2-3 years. I commend the man for beating the odds as a 7th round pick and making good money but he has a liability on that line for quite some time now. The tape shows it as well as the eye test.

Tvillewr419

May 17, 2019
604 yards w/ NE last year, not bad.[/QUOTE

from a random pats fan that lives in central IL, this is an under the radar signing that cud be huge, kid was a stud for us last year, and cam couldnt throw downfield for half the year. I know you love Mooney but I think he will fit in great as a 2/3 for ya tbh.. love this signing

sorry not sure why the quote got all jacked up there lol

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
10074C1B-C07F-4FFD-9DA8-F198DAB0A9DF.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad