OT: Bears & NFL Talk 83

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
If they're drafting a rookie just roll with Foles IMO.
If they're not, bring in someone to compete with Foles. I still think Tyrod Taylor is the best vet option to compete with Foles.

No way. Offensive line is too shitty for that statue of a QB.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
It kind of feels like Alex Smith is trying to get himself released by WFT, and then come sign with the Bears as a stopgap. Then the Bears could draft a QB of future and let him backup all season.

Is there another Nagy connection here? Can't remember if Smith was on KC when Nagy was there.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
If they're not, bring in someone to compete with Foles. I still think Tyrod Taylor is the best vet option to compete with Foles.
That'll lead to the Glennon problem of the rookie having in come in from him sooner than he probably should.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Foles is trash though and the roster is still semidecent. Fitz gives you a chance to win and maybe have the rookie take over halfway through the season if it's going well.

The situation you're presenting likely makes Foles the day 1 starter, that's not acceptable

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
How about a 3 way with a base like this:
Bears out: 2021 & 2022 1sts
Bears in: Derek Carr
Seattle out: Russell Wilson
Seattle in: LV 2021 1st, Bears 2021/22 1st
LV out: Derek Carr, 2021 1st
LV in: Russell Wilson
I'm sure a trade like this would have more parts to it.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Rather just go straight for Russell then

Reactions: Sarava

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

Walk Pace right out of the building if he gives up 2 1st for Derek Carr...Go pay up for Deshaun if 2 first are on the table for any QB...

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Walk Pace right out of the building if he gives up 2 1st for Derek Carr...Go pay up for Deshaun if 2 first are on the table for any QB...
Agree. If we are talking about giving up 1st rd(s) picks, go big or go home. Watson or Wilson for multiple 1sts, I'm on board with. If not, I'd rather go through the draft or sign a vet and cross your fingers.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
My literal only concern with Wilson is that he's already 32. I'm not sure it's worth it to make a trade that'd undoubtedly cost a haul of picks given that he probably only has a few years left in front of him.

It should be a damn good few years, though.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Personally, I think a 3 way deal with Wilson to the Raiders, Carr to the Bears and the 1st rounder from the Bears in 2020 going to Seattle to makes a lot of sense. So deal would be:

Bears: Carr
Raiders: Wilson
Seahawks: LV 20/21 1st and Bears 20 1st.

With the age of most of the good players on the Bears, they can't really afford to trade more than this year's 1st for any QB.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
What’s the most you’d give up for Russ. Have to assume the minimum is going to be 2 first round picks

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I wouldn't touch that at all. he looked so poor to me when watching him this year, his stats were okay but he looked immobile and not at all capable of making plays like he used to.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
What’s the most you’d give up for Russ. Have to assume the minimum is going to be 2 first round picks
Just like with Watson, the Bears can't compete with the other teams on his list's offers.

Honestly, I think the only two realistic options from the Seahawks POV are the Cowboys(getting Prescott in return, plus a top 10 pick) and the Raiders(With Carr going back to Seattle)

The Saints and Bears can't compete with those teams, and even the Saints could potentially have a better offer if they traded Lattimore to Seattle.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Saints make so much sense for Wilson

They would be if Brees is actually going to retire. I think he will but until he makes that decision, Saints are stuck in a hold pattern at the QB position.

-------

Don't want Carr unless Wilson is not being traded. If Wilson is available, you make it happen, period. His my favorite QB option this off-season by far, even more so than Watson. I know there are reports out there that says the Bears are being "persistent" in pursuit of Wilson. So if Wilson is traded and not a Bear, I will be disappointed. Derek Carr needs to be plan D-Z after Wilson and Watson.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad