OT: Bears & NFL Talk 83

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
There are several sources, with some having conflicting info. You nor I know who is right, or how far the Bears went in pursuing a deal.

So you now concede the Bears were nowhere close to "never made an offer", which exactly proves my point that Pace doesn't deserve credit for "staying away" because that's simply not true, unless sources such as Sports Illustrated were all getting hoodwinked by the Eagles.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
So you now concede the Bears were nowhere close to "never made an offer", which exactly proves my point that Pace doesn't deserve credit for "staying away" because that's simply not true, unless sources such as Sports Illustrated were all getting hoodwinked by the Eagles.

You act like it's unheard of for a team to drive the price up on their player when trying to move him. And yeah, SI is garbage, so it wouldn't shock me.

So someone from the Philadelphia Inquirer says the Bears offered a better deal, and other people are saying the Bears never offered anything, and you just immediately believe the guy from Philly?

So this "source" just made all of your alleged "journalists" liars.

What? Lol. It's one person's word against another's. There's no proof that either of them are telling the truth.

Reactions: hawksrule and Giovi

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Where in the hell did I concede anything??

You have some pretty profound reading comprehension issues.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Eagles going young at WR

After announcing they were moving on from Deshaun Jackson they will now move on from Alshon Jeffery. Both Jackson and Jeffery struggled to stay healthy and are getting up there in age (Jackson is 34 while Jeffery is 31)

I would love to bring back Jeffery as a 3/4 WR but its likely that how it ended here means no reunion

We need a WR who can go up and win those 50/50 balls

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
Where in the hell did I concede anything??

You have some pretty profound reading comprehension issues.

Keep digging. Still can't change the fact your "known journalists" have been exposed as complete jokes. You have some very big issues admitting being wrong. Guillibility doesn't explain it. Seems you just want to believe what you want to believe.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Eagles going young at WR

After announcing they were moving on from Deshaun Jackson they will now move on from Alshon Jeffery. Both Jackson and Jeffery struggled to stay healthy and are getting up there in age (Jackson is 34 while Jeffery is 31)

I would love to bring back Jeffery as a 3/4 WR but its likely that how it ended here means no reunion

We need a WR who can go up and win those 50/50 balls
There will be talent available late in free agency. Cap going down will slow the signings down.

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
You act like it's unheard of for a team to drive the price up on their player when trying to move him. And yeah, SI is garbage, so it wouldn't shock me.

So someone from the Philadelphia Inquirer says the Bears offered a better deal, and other people are saying the Bears never offered anything, and you just immediately believe the guy from Philly?

What? Lol. It's one person's word against another's. There's no proof that either of them are telling the truth.

So SI and Philly Inquiry choose to risk their journalistic credibility (and integrity), by FIRST pulling Chicago completely out of thin air to create a phantom bidding war with Indy on Wentz (I know your "rationale" for this already, that both clubs have coaches with past ties to Wentz). Then AFTER Wentz has been confirmed to be Indy-bound, the Philly paper still insists that Chicago's offer was only "slight better" than Indy's (Mr. Lurie's so upset over not getting a little more return on his ex-star QB at the continued expense of Pace's competencies and his fanclub's feelings), ALL just to make Pace look like a bigger "Fail Genius" than he already is, and make him the jilted "loser" in the Wentz sweepstake (by Wentz himself). Wow, it's totally worth it to those publications, which unfortunately can't be called "rags" or no "known journalists" or illegitimate "sources" by the Pace apologists here.

Poor Pace, keep finding (rather than "getting", right?) himself in these "he said, he said" kind of situations, with "no proof" either way. Back then it was whether Lynch/SF played him on trading up one spot to No. 2, now it's a regional paper and a national sports magazine (shall I find more?) taking a crack at his sports management prowess in a losing bid because the subject of his affection doesn't return the love (Right, how could I forget? There's no proof of the affair at all).

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
So SI and Philly Inquiry choose to risk their journalistic credibility (and integrity), by FIRST pulling Chicago completely out of thin air to create a phantom bidding war with Indy on Wentz (I know your "rationale" for this already, that both clubs have coaches with past ties to Wentz). Then AFTER Wentz has been confirmed to be Indy-bound, the Philly paper still insists that Chicago's offer was only "slight better" than Indy's (Mr. Lurie's so upset over not getting a little more return on his ex-star QB at the continued expense of Pace's competencies and his fanclub's feelings), ALL just to make Pace look like a bigger "Fail Genius" than he already is, and make him the jilted "loser" in the Wentz sweepstake (by Wentz himself). Wow, it's totally worth it to those publications, which unfortunately can't be called "rags" or no "known journalists" or illegitimate "sources" by the Pace apologists here.

Poor Pace, keep finding (rather than "getting", right?) himself in these "he said, he said" kind of situations, with "no proof" either way. Back then it was whether Lynch/SF played him on trading up one spot to No. 2, now it's a regional paper and a national sports magazine (shall I find more?) taking a crack at his sports management prowess in a losing bid because the subject of his affection doesn't return the love (Right, how could I forget? There's no proof of the affair at all).

Do you think I'm a Pace apologist? Lol. I couldn't care less if they fire him or keep him. Should probably confirm your target audience before you go on a dumbass rant about nothing.

And if people fed SI and the Philly Inquirer bad information(this happens with sports stories all the time) it wouldn't have any impact on their credibility or integrity. It would just be another instance of information being purposely leaked to the media related to sports, trades, signings, etc. Happens all the time.

Love the massive amount of parentheses, quotes, and random capitalization, though. Really drives your points home. :laugh:

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009

You cite journalistic integrity as a factor in why the sources you believe must be right, but don't seem to realize that the same applies to those, including Jay Glazer, who were reporting the Bears weren't all in on the trade. Other sources at SI have said Pace didn't make an offer:

What Carson Wentz Deal Says About Bears GM Ryan Pace

Your refusal to acknowledge that the Bears may not have made an offer is actually quite humorous. Using some sources as your proof, while ignoring other, just as believable sources, also quite humorous. The fact is, we don't know if they did or not. But anything to continue with your narrative, I guess.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Some dude name Michael Balko says the Bears are "the favorites" to sign JJ Watt. I know his wife plays for the Red Stars (Chicago NSWL team) and he has hinted in the past about Chicago. But this feels similar to Jared Allen, a future HOF player interested in Chicago after his prime is over. I would not hate it but it would have to depend on the contract.

JJ Watt, Jared Allen and Orlando Pace walk into a bar...

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
You cite journalistic integrity as a factor in why the sources you believe must be right, but don't seem to realize that the same applies to those, including Jay Glazer, who were reporting the Bears weren't all in on the trade. Other sources at SI have said Pace didn't make an offer:

What Carson Wentz Deal Says About Bears GM Ryan Pace

Your refusal to acknowledge that the Bears may not have made an offer is actually quite humorous. Using some sources as your proof, while ignoring other, just as believable sources, also quite humorous. The fact is, we don't know if they did or not. But anything to continue with your narrative, I guess.

So the Philly paper curiously printed that Chicago's offer was only "slightly better" than Indy's, when they should certainly know there're counter-stories out there that the Bears never made an offer at all, to really drive home the point of how upset the Eagles (and their fan base, including their beat sports writers) are with Wentz and paint themselves as really being petty?

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
So the Philly paper curiously printed that Chicago's offer was only "slightly better" than Indy's, when they should certainly know there're counter-stories out there that the Bears never made an offer at all, to really drive home the point of how upset the Eagles (and their fan base, including their beat sports writers) are with Wentz and paint themselves as really being petty?
Your ability to take one or two stories as gospel, while regarding others from equally reliable sources as garbage, is truly astounding.

I'm done with you.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
So we are lucky Pace didn't get Wentz, that's great. The fact he was interested at all is still disturbing.

Who knows how interested he even was. Every GM is going to say they’re somewhat interested in a still fairly young and former star QB when they literally don’t even have a starter at the time of all that news.

Reactions: Giovi

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
08B5AD23CB4147CCAE27A0F5798580_vl4n9xks0r.gif

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
go get Sam Darnold for pick and call it a day...or go with a bridge option in Fitz magic and draft a qb, Darnold is intriguing for the right price

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Keep digging. Still can't change the fact your "known journalists" have been exposed as complete jokes. You have some very big issues admitting being wrong. Guillibility doesn't explain it. Seems you just want to believe what you want to believe.

There are obviously conflicting reports from different credible sources. Lighten up, Frances.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
Your ability to take one or two stories as gospel, while regarding others from equally reliable sources as garbage, is truly astounding.

I'm done with you.

Says the one who was [willfully?] oblivious to contrary reportings that the Bears not only made an offer but also bettered Indy's offer, and jumped to allege that possibility as baseless, until I spoon-fed you the sources. Now to your credit, at least you, unlike some the other hardheads, admit the contrarian sources not to your liking are as "equally reliable" as yours. Bravo!

I know you've bowed out, but putting the question out there for the remaining audience: What's more plausible, given "equally reliable sources", that either the Bears made an offer, or as our resident troll-connoisseur @RayP deduced, that the Bears *never* made an offer? Remember, all this is over my posting that Pace doesn't deserve a pat on the back for allegedly staying away from Wentz, while the Eagles bellyaching about Wentz forcing his own destination.

Last edited:

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
It kind of feels like Alex Smith is trying to get himself released by WFT, and then come sign with the Bears as a stopgap. Then the Bears could draft a QB of future and let him backup all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->