OT: Bears & NFL Talk 80

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Watching non-Bears games and it’s stunning how slow Montgomery is when you watch just about any other starting RB.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Watching non-Bears games and it’s stunning how slow Montgomery is when you watch just about any other starting RB.

Crazy part is that he was not slow like this in college. I think a lot has to do with play calling and our line.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Crazy part is that he was not slow like this in college. I think a lot has to do with play calling and our line.

Nah, did you see his run out in open space the other day? That 38 yard or something like that I think it was.

Maybe he’s hurt, but a defensive lineman could have caught him he was so slow.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Nah, did you see his run out in open space the other day? That 38 yard or something like that I think it was.

Maybe he’s hurt, but a defensive lineman could have caught him he was so slow.

Again he was not this slow in college. Maybe is groin is still not there but something clearly is not the same. Our play calling and line does not help him.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Again he was not this slow in college. Maybe is groin is still not there but something clearly is not the same. Our play calling and line does not help him.

Even when he’s been healthy he’s been slow. It’s even more noticeable without Cohen. Line obviously doesn’t help, but even if they were decent he’d still look slow and struggle to break long runs.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Even when he’s been healthy he’s been slow. It’s even more noticeable without Cohen. Line obviously doesn’t help, but even if they were decent he’d still look slow and struggle to break long runs.

Again he was not this slow in college.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Again he was not this slow in college.

I mean his 40 time for a running back was pretty pitiful so it’s not like he was some burner in college.

Leonard Floyd literally ran a faster 40 time than him.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I mean his 40 time for a running back was pretty pitiful so it’s not like he was some burner in college.

Leonard Floyd a defensive end literally ran a faster 40 time than him.

He ran 4.57 40. Not great or good but he was not slow in college when I saw him play. Never said he was a burner or claimed it.

Floyd ran a 4.6 but he was a freak athlete. Forte ran a 4.46 but was not a burner either.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
He ran 4.57 40. Not great or good but he was not slow in college when I saw him play. Never said he was a burner or claimed it.

Floyd ran a 4.6 but he was a freak athlete. Forte ran a 4.46 but was not a burner either.

Not sure why you seem so adamant in trying to prove he’s not slow. He has no breakaway speed. Period.

Can you even name a slower starting RB in the entire league?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Not sure why you seem so adamant in trying to prove he’s not slow. He has no breakaway speed. Period.

Can you even name a slower starting RB in the entire league?

Because he wasn’t in college that is all I am saying. You are the one that seems to be so set on showing his is slow....

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I mean it is relevant considering it was recent and is tangible.

Again I never said he was fast.

I’ve seen guys fast in college who play slow at the next level, and I think he fits that bill. He takes too long to decide what hole he wants to hit and by the time he does he’s swallowed behind the line. The line sucks, no denying that, but he’s not making matters any better.... and he doesn’t have the speed to makeup for his slow reads.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
The 4th and 4 call that Indy just ran was a thing of beauty. A play we haven’t seen from Nagy all season.

refs have called 3 holdings and illegal motion on 4 of yet he last 6 offensive plays for Indy.

I hate pro GB officiating.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Indy had the game won

bunch of holding penalties and terrible 2 min defense allows GB to tie. Going to OT

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Indy had the game won

bunch of holding penalties and terrible 2 min defense allows GB to tie. Going to OT

They threw the ball twice for absolutely no reason. GB should have been trying to go 95 yards with 35 seconds and no timeouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad