OT: Bears & NFL Talk 76

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
SB Prediction time...

I think the Chiefs offense is too strong. 34-24 Chiefs.

Last TD won me the square as well.

source.gif

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Random thoughts:

- The first half was hard to get into. A bit slow and the constant commercials took flow/excitement away

- The family friendly stripper pole halftime show - umm? Shakira still has 'it', but jaysus, J LO was always a marginal at best singing talent and she's 50 years old!

- Commercials were lame as hell. The Hyundai 'smaht pahk' one is good, but I've seen it like 1,000 times already since last week as it's the front of every YouTube video.

- Jimmy G is not a difference maker. Mitch was referenced and it was apropos. He looked a lot like Mitch - bad mechanics, back foot throws, failure to read his routes (Kittle missed first down) and a terrible overthrow that likely cost them the game.

- Mahomes got the MVP but should have gone to Williams. That said, it's what makes football fun. Mahomes not having a great game and then, in the clutch times, shows up and does his thing.

- For the vaunted SF defense, I thought their secondary was garbage. Particularly in the 4th quarter. Sherman beat badly twice.
Given that there was no actual singing done by either of them last night, her singing talents aren't of importance. What was noticeable is that she can still lip-sync with the best of 'em.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

tgh

Dec 19, 2019
Saw on the sports channel last night, that The Pats are willing to pay Tom Brady $30 mil to stay in New England. Any thoughts on this one?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Saw on the sports channel last night, that The Pats are willing to pay Tom Brady $30 mil to stay in New England. Any thoughts on this one?

Brady wasn’t very good during the second half of the season. If he is going to come back, it should be to win another ring. If he takes 5-10M, they can build up the team around him enough to be a top contender.

From the Patriots POV, it makes sense that they would do anything to prevent Brady from playing elsewhere. He isn’t worth that salary though.

Reactions: tgh

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Wasn't sure whether to put this here or in "Anything Goes". Recently saw a very well done and interesting video by NFL Films about Tom Brady's Super Bowl LI jersey being stolen. I don't remember it being such a big deal, but then we're located in the midwest. ~ 55 min long.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Can someone explain to me why the Bears aren't one of the teams talking to Olsen?

Even though Olsen isn't what he used to be he is still superior to the shit we have at TE

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Can someone explain to me why the Bears aren't one of the teams talking to Olsen?

Even though Olsen isn't what he used to be he is still superior to the **** we have at TE

Maybe it's because Olsen doesn't want to talk to the Bears? Besides, I think the Bears might be focusing on a guy like Ebron (who has all but beg the Bears to sign him when FA begins) then a near retirement TE.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Last time our GM was "Aggressive" at the draft we ended up with Mitch

We have nothing that could entice Bengals to give up that pick honestly unless Pace throws away future (Something like 4 1st round picks + more) which would be disaster for organization

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

We have nothing that could entice Bengals to give up that pick honestly unless Pace throws away future (Something like 4 1st round picks + more) which would be disaster for organization

Aggressive was Mack. Trubisky trAde is not this huge cost you are saying. Does he suck? Sure.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL

Pace has been very aggressive in his drafts. Unfortunately, when he trades up it usually doesn't pan out all that well. So in hindsight, we'd of been better off if he was more conservative.

Obviously the Bears don't have anything to get them up to #1. So that is out.

But is the talk of Mack being dangled a possibility? His value is probably down after a subpar year. His 8.5 sacks was his lowest total since his rookie year. I don't see anyone giving up 2 1sts for him right now.

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I really liked the XFL broadcast in terms of being able to hear everything the coaches are saying through the mic and everything in the huddle. I'm sure there will be some issues with opposing teams getting this info but man, it makes it much more interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->