Bears and NFL Talk Thread LIV: Khalil Mack's a Bear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
You'd be surprised. The squatter laws in NYC are ridiculous. If she was his girlfriend and he allowed to stay at her place ... she could stick around until the law forces her out. It could take months.

That's why I won't rent my SD apartment when I'm in NYC for most of the year. Too big of a hassle. I'd rather have my friends stay for free when visiting. If they offer to pay for a cheap utility bill or bottle of wine ... even better.

San Diego? South Dakota? :laugh:

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Roquan Smith is not at the start of the Bears rookie camp today. He has not signed his rookie deal yet.

Can't blame Roquan, but can't blame the Bears either. Only 2 out of the top 9 drafted players have signed.

What's the point of the rookie wage scale if the top picks haven't signed yet?

Reactions: TLEH

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Roquan Smith is not at the start of the Bears rookie camp today. He has not signed his rookie deal yet.

Can't blame Roquan, but can't blame the Bears either. Only 2 out of the top 9 drafted players have signed.

What's the point of the rookie wage scale if the top picks haven't signed yet?

It has to do with other contractual language.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
It has to do with other contractual language.
That was the case for Joey Bosa. I think this is just agents waiting to see where the other top draftees are slotted financially. Unfortunately, the Bears start a week early this year ...

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
What language are they fighting over?
I don't know ... something about how much compensation he receives IF cut (or something like that). Something minor. I'm sure it will be resolved in a day or two.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
What language are they fighting over?

Contract off sets. Basically if they cut him and he gets signed by another team they have to pay him and he gets to keep the money on the new contract. The Bears would want the new contract off set against what they are paying him.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC

Cant believe its already start of football season

Cant wait until Sept when NFL is in full swing and Hawks season starts approaching

Why? I know you are a big Bears and Hawks fan ... but I get the feeling they cause you more agony than happiness. Do the Bears and Hawks ever make you happy minus a championship? That's a lot of pain.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Remember when BWC posted a picture of his ideal weather day. It looked dreary, no sun, cold, etc :laugh:.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
As pointed out ble9a8r5s

This is opposite of reality

Brutal hot , humid and sunny summers drag on forever while Fall and Winter are so short

Different for all of us. Chicago basically has two seasons, though, these days. Winter and summer.

I don't mind fall weather, though. Love having the windows open, sleeping with cold, 55-60 degree air blowing in. Bonfires, smores, etc. And as a fisherman, some of my best fishing is from September - December.

I just prefer warmer to colder. Give me 75-80 and sunny every single day, with 55-65 degree nights, and I'm in heaven.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Spring, summer, fall. Winter is trash. Fall you have a lot of sports starting, playoff baseball, decent weather etc. Spring to summer you have NHL playoffs starting, baseball, solid weather. Winter you have holidays then 3-4 months of misery. Walk to the store and your face hurts type misery.

Reactions: ChiHawks10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad