Line Combos: "Bear or Bouchard " to Mcdavids Wing

Isignedupjustfothis

Jun 21, 2018
I have a far out creative crazy idea. How about we develop both Bear and Bouchard as solid offensively creative defencemen and have them initiate and join in the offensive rushes that McDavid creates?

That is so far out and creative crazy it might actually work!

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Big Buff done it , PRV started out as a defence man . People bashing it are probably the same ones who bashed the Koskinen signing . Depending on where the team is in the next year or so I would maybe try Bear on wing . No chance That I would risk Bouchard . Bouchard has the potential to be a very good #1 D . Bear he may become a 4 or 5 at best which isn’t bad considering where we drafted him . I see our D in 2 years as

Jones Bouchard
Klefbom Larsson

I think Nurse will be gone especially if his contract negotiations were any indication the last time . Also Nurse took a step forward every year except this one so maybe he has plateaued .

Bottom pairing will probably be filled out from a prospect and UFA signings

Reactions: Catch22

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Not directed at you at all at least not from me I had no idea about the Lucic thing I'll try and find it.

As for this being blatant internet trowling I assure you it is not.

I'm not looking for reassurances if it's viable or not I know it is I'm just inquiring how it could be accomplished the effects it would have through the lineup, how it would benefit the young D in the future etc etc etc .

Tieing players together and Koskinen bouncing pucks playing center etc that's just noise....boring stale recycled noise.

You guys need options that are viable or worth exploring not packaging Benning Lucic to get some high end winger .

Innovation is what fixes situations as dire as this.

Not Fantasy or Magic.

Remember the days of a forward manning the point on the Power Play? The Left Wing Lock the Trap passing the puck back against the flow to get different zone entries on the Power Play etc etc etc All was viewed as witchcraft previously no?

It's just foresight on to a part of the game that will change shortly players will come up learning multiple positions it increases there value skill set and would make them more attractive.

Would you teach a child playing soccer to kick with one foot?

There is only positives that can come from it in this context tell me how it would stunt development ?

It would increase skill sets vision awareness as well as communicating with the best player in the game inches apart instead of 8 feet of separation for there careers .

It's called vision.

I'll patiently wait for the boring predictable toddler replies as per....with notable exceptions of course.

If you want to start moving our young defencemen up to forward, how is this ever going to solve our lack of offensive dmen?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Of all our D we have, the only one that might convert to a forward is Nurse. But that would be a dumb idea

LABound

RFA
Sep 2, 2018
If you want to start moving our young defencemen up to forward, how is this ever going to solve our lack of offensive dmen?

At no point did I suggest it was a permanent solution.

Right now none of your young forwards are capable of contributing either because of poor drafting development issues or lack of vision .

It's a an experiment that could work short term and possibly create some RH scoring options create some different looks for #97 .

Neither Bouchard or Bear are ready for full-time duties on the Back end.

This gets either of them a chance to play important offensive minutes with less responsibility.

There's less risk if they only need to go north south and not defend NHL forwards one on one or be on thier back edges right out of the gate.

This gives them time to adjust to the speed of the NHL forwards.

without it being as risky as them getting thier confidence shattered on the back end by forcing that on them too early in thier development as defenseman.

The effect on game scores from defensive lapse on the wing is far less likely then from the back end .

If you cant see the possibility of that being beneficial I'm not the guy to explain it to you.

What's negatives come with creating options by cross training your personnel ?

"This is dumb" sounds like something a toddler would say when they have no ability to respond.

Fair?

Last edited:

LABound

RFA
Sep 2, 2018
That is so far out and creative crazy it might actually work!

Down the road certainly but as for solutions to current problems what's the issue in trying it ?

You want to wait for players to develop according to status quo ? How's that been working out for the last couple of decades under this current managements vision.

No offence to the front office but the formula is obviously flawed there is no way to defend it the results speak for themselves.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
At no point did I suggest it was a permanent solution.

Right now none of your young forwards are capable of contributing either because of poor drafting development issues or lack of vision .

It's a an experiment that could work short term and possibly create some RH scoring options create some different looks for #97 .

Neither Bouchard or Bear are ready for full-time duties on the Back end.

This gets either of them a chance to play important offensive minutes with less responsibility.

There's less risk if they only need to go north south and not defend NHL forwards one on one or be on thier back edges right out of the gate.

This gives them time to adjust to the speed of the NHL forwards.

without it being as risky as them getting thier confidence shattered on the back end by forcing that on them too early in thier development as defenseman.

The effect on game scores from defensive lapse on the wing is far less likely then from the back end .

If you cant see the possibility of that being beneficial I'm not the guy to explain it to you.

What's negatives come with creating options by cross training your personnel ?

"This is dumb" sounds like something a toddler would say when they have no ability to respond.

Fair?

Not st all . Makes far more sense for them to develop their position in the minors until they are ready to step into the bigs. Learning a new position, especially in a level they are clearly not ready for, makes zero sense.

It is becoming very apparent to me that you are not the guy to explain this to.

LABound

RFA
Sep 2, 2018
Not st all . Makes far more sense for them to develop their position in the minors until they are ready to step into the bigs. Learning a new position, especially in a level they are clearly not ready for, makes zero sense.

It is becoming very apparent to me that you are not the guy to explain this to.

They can do both ? I mean being in NHL practices would benefit thier defensive games far quicker against NHL players? Moreso than in the AHL.

Take some practice time to get them comfortable on the wing and accustomed to LESS responsibility.

When they show they are capable of marking a pointman which they already have seen done there whole careers. Playing wing is not rocketry or mechanical engineering your not giving them or the idea the right consideration.

That's should be enough explanation if you'd like more inbox me I'll walk you through it.

Or you could show me a solution thats not recycled or copy and pasted. I'd love to hear about it maybe you have some innovative ideas you are willing to put out there? That would be a nice change.

Hearing about the same thing over and over again like we are in a time loop is not really explaining anything to me.

Edited to add: Practice time with Ken Hitchcock one of the best defensive strategists in the game is more beneficial then under the tutelage of a minor league coach or playing with career minor league players.

If you find a way to dispute that I'm all ears.

Last edited:

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Connor: I really wanna stay here guys, but winning is the most important thing to me. We desperately need to move forward and what you've given me to play with over the past 2 seasons has frankly been a joke.
Coaching staff: Why don't we throw you some rookie d-men and see if they can produce on your wing?

Reactions: Isignedupjustfothis

Isignedupjustfothis

Jun 21, 2018
The obvious solution is to find a way to get Talbot to play in the other teams net and loan them Lucic for their powerplay.

Isignedupjustfothis

Jun 21, 2018
Down the road certainly but as for solutions to current problems what's the issue in trying it ?

You want to wait for players to develop according to status quo ? How's that been working out for the last couple of decades under this current managements vision.

No offence to the front office but the formula is obviously flawed there is no way to defend it the results speak for themselves.

Your idea is to now develop our right shot puck moving defensmen as wingers and you say there is no defense against your idea.

What part of the past decade has involved developing right shot puck moving dmen and letting them develop in the minors untill they are ready?

They didn't. So the flawed formula is being fixed in that case.

Throwing those dmen into the NHL on the wing of the best player in the NHL instead of developing them properly in the AHL as Dmen.

That would be a continuation of throwing young players in positions they are unlikely to succeed or develop properly. You actually found a way to even do player development more messed up than what they were doing. How is that going to fix anything? How is that better than what is being done at this moment at long last?

Last edited:
Reactions: thadd

LABound

RFA
Sep 2, 2018
Your idea is to now develop our right shot puck moving defensmen as wingers and you say there is no defense against your idea.

What part of the past decade has involved developing right shot puck moving dmen and letting them develop in the minors untill they are ready?

They didn't. So the flawed formula is being fixed in that case.

Throwing those dmen into the NHL on the wing of the best player in the NHL instead of developing them properly in the AHL as Dmen.

That would be a continuation of throwing young players in positions they are unlikely to succeed or develop properly. You actually found a way to even do player development more messed up than what they were doing. How is that going to fix anything? How is that better than what is being done at this moment at long last?

You've slayed the Dragon !!!
I'm way out out of my depth here .

Merry Xmas All see you on the Flip.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad