Line Combos: "Bear or Bouchard " to Mcdavids Wing

LABound

RFA
Sep 2, 2018
If we found a RW to play RW and a LW to play LW that would not be creative, but it kind of works for other teams. Those are the things we should be trying.
Yes it does strangely not in Edmonton though so here we are someone getting creative because you can't have nice things.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
He wants more minutes why not?

Fedorov was a similar playing style he was good enough to win a Norris.

I guess the smiley isent needed ?
Scotty Bowman says hold his beer.
Wow, glad you’re not the coach.

Isignedupjustfothis

Jun 21, 2018
Yes it does strangely not in Edmonton though so here we are someone getting creative because you can't have nice things.

Ok, how's this for creative. Let's tie Drai and Luic together around the waste. Then they just protect the puck and drive to the net as an invincable two headed beast. Drai handles the puck skating backwards while Lucic acts like a bulldozer. Their combined weight and size everyone bounces off them like a tank.

LABound

RFA
Sep 2, 2018
Ok, how's this for creative. Let's tie Drai and Luic together around the waste. Then they just protect the puck and drive to the net as an invincable two headed beast. Drai handles the puck skating backwards while Lucic acts like a bulldozer. Their combined weight and size everyone bounces off them like a tank.

Can't tie them together thats cheating bro? Illegal equipment not creative at all Cheater!

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible

Let's just put them in the net with Koskinen, their size would prevent any pucks from ever going in, but it'd basically be a 5-on-3 so McDavid would need to score 1 goal a game to win.

Esko

Sep 23, 2015
tumblr_lpyw2pNhaZ1r0w4bgo1_500.jpg

LABound

RFA
Sep 2, 2018
I'm starting to think all these offended folks are on the Oilers payroll or in Chias immediate family .

That's mean I'm sure he is handcuffed by something.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I'm not saying play them at Center.

Wing is entirely entirely different there are players in the league who haven't been inside thier own blueline in years it's not a fair comparison at all.

Defense is much harder physically and mentally for younger guys Wing is the least mental position without question .

I'm not suggesting nuclear war or burnng any villages bring them up run them through some drills watch some video take some reps on his line and trial run it there literally is nothing franchise threatening with experimenting with the idea you have almost no other options.

I mean you can go back to arguing about Benning for X forward for the next 80 threads no skin off Deez Newts lol
I just find it funny that people get so upset at a creative suggestion that is viable .

Haha yeah. If anything it's kind of a fun idea to discuss even if it'll never happen.

Unfortunately I don't think either are even the best prospect candidates out there to be wingers despite their amazing shots. Skating is a weakness for both and you need to be a good skater to be a winger in most cases, especially if you want to play with McDavid. One of my favourite prospects, Adam Boqvist, is the type of dman prospect you might try as a winger with McDavid. Quinton Hughes would be another (though I think both are still better suited as defenders). That said, IF we were to try either as a winger, probably the first step would be to use them on the power play at the top of the circles in the Ovechkin spot to see if they can find those shooting lanes closer up.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Let’s try McD on defence first :laugh:

Honestly if we had enough forwards to cover for him, this wouldn't be the worst idea. McDavid is the type of player I could see excelling on defence too. He's got that skating to rush the puck like Karlsson, the smarts to learn the position quickly, and has been steadily improving his shot to get pucks on net from further out. Of course it makes no sense as he's already carrying the team but just saying hypothetically.

Reactions: Catch22

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005
You don't need to look outside the box, you just need to do a proper job with the traditional ideas. Don't need to hope a defenceman can convert to forward if you bring in quality forwards to start with.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Please no

We need them on defense. But speaking of, is Bear doing well. Could he get a call up

GOilers88

Fer Da
Dec 24, 2016
McDavid needs world class wingers, not wingers that have never played the game on wing.
He doesn't need world class wingers. He needs a couple of decently capable guys who understand where to be, ala Big Rig, whom the team dearly misses.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I was thinking what negative effect could it have trying out Bouchard or Bear on Mcdavids Wing ?

Both can fire the puck are RH and have great offensive instincts Drai could take his own line you could move Nugent Hopkins with Drai on the second line or move him back to the vacant 3C spot.

Both guys have a perpensity for scoring from the back end and while thier games aren't rounded out enough to run a blueline.

Perhaps trying them in an offensive role with Connor might be an experiment worth trying . One could be a trigger man on the top of the circle on the PP Mcdavid must miss having a RH weapon to feed in stride .

I'd try one or both on the wing for a brief time 5-6 games and see if anything develops at worst they get a different perspective of playing with Connor for the future sitting next to him and communicating in game.

Both are still on Entry Level Deals and it could prove useful if they acclimatize to forward in case of emergency in the future?

Just a thought I personally would have tried it by now .

I think Koskinen should play on McDavid's wing. He can deflect the pucks into the net with his huge frame. :sarcasm:

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
OP is obviously a silly idea, but I'm a little surprised it's getting THIS much hate. I personally think it's interesting to discuss even if it isn't the actual solution to our problems.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
OP is obviously a silly idea, but I'm a little surprised it's getting THIS much hate. I personally think it's interesting to discuss even if it isn't the actual solution to our problems.

It does illustrate at how desperate our situation on W has become.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->