Confirmed with Link: Bean to Columbus for 44th overall

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
I know yall are busy rn but quick question. Has Bean ever played on the right side? If he hasn't then could he feasibly play RD?

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I know yall are busy rn but quick question. Has Bean ever played on the right side? If he hasn't then could he feasibly play RD?

In junior and some this year he played on the right. He didn’t do it well. Of course he didn’t play very well on the left either. One of the main reasons they went out and got Hakanpaa was to put Bean on his natural side.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
It's one of those contracts where it looks awful but it won't ever kill them. It could also be amazing if he really grows as a player, which I still expect him to do. I only wanted to sign him to one year if he was here.

It’s also only 1/3 of the value if they have to buy Bean out because he’s only 23 now.

So there’s very little downside to Columbus. They are going to try him, get good value if he develops, and it’s not an onerous number if he doesn’t.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
It’s also only 1/3 of the value if they have to buy Bean out because he’s only 23 now.

So there’s very little downside to Columbus. They are going to try him, get good value if he develops, and it’s not an onerous number if he doesn’t.
It's not a big enough contract to bother buying out. You just suck it up and pay $2.3 for a 7D if worst comes to worst.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad