Confirmed with Link: Bean to Columbus for 44th overall

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
he made the team play

he prove he can play , much better than Hamilton in my eyes , Hamilton plays so bad defensely even worst than gardiner , gardiner actually played well playoffs 2 years ago and ok this season , Hamilton plays like he has Autism on defense , his stupid looks when other teams scores on us , i cant stand him , i thought beans would somewhat do half his offenside production which would be good enough

This is a very interesting post.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
he made the team play

he prove he can play , much better than Hamilton in my eyes , Hamilton plays so bad defensely even worst than gardiner , gardiner actually played well playoffs 2 years ago and ok this season , Hamilton plays like he has Autism on defense , his stupid looks when other teams scores on us , i cant stand him , i thought beans would somewhat do half his offenside production which would be good enough

I agree. this is the best take in the thread.

whiskers

Aug 2, 2018
I mean as it is right now, Bean is the guy drafted before Charlie McAvoy. I'm not sure how you can say he's better than Dougie. To each their own I guess.
Hamilton is easily shaken , remember 3 years ago when a Boston reporter asked him how he felt about the bruins trading him , that affected him , and affected his play against the bruins in that playoffs and you saw it again the next year after when we played the bruins again and this year his crying about the Salary cap

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
this move feels like to me that one of two things is going to happen. we have either decided to pony up for hamilton and we're confident the deal is done or we're confident after deangelo's buyout he's going to take this exact role and we will address the top 4 vacancy in free agency.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
this move feels like to me that one of two things is going to happen. we have either decided to pony up for hamilton and we're confident the deal is done or we're confident after deangelo's buyout he's going to take this exact role and we will address the top 4 vacancy in free agency.

Or maybe they decided in a flat cap world we aren’t reasonably offloading Gardiner and if he’s going to be here him and Bean are interchangeable and Slavin-Skjei-Gardiner down the left ain’t bad.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
TDA's a right hand shot though. Not that I disagree with the premise that we think he could easily be our #6/PP2 guy. Maybe they're thinking Lajoie showed more than enough in his short playoff stint to warrant the longer look

Reactions: WreckingCrew

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I keep forgetting about Gelinas. I suppose after the year he had in the SHL , they might be banking on him helping out as the 2nd PP guy.

Reactions: WreckingCrew
Dec 30, 2013
he made the team play

You might want to drink less when watching games, or get your eyes checked out :laugh:

whiskers

Aug 2, 2018
why couldnt we have traded bean for seth jones and 2 or 3 draft pics this year , he signed for like 5.5 mil a year , rather have Jones than hamilton any day

Reactions: dogbazinho

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
why couldnt we have traded bean for seth jones and 2 or 3 draft pics this year , he signed for like 5.5 mil a year , rather have Jones than hamilton any day

Because Seth Jones would never have been traded for 27OA + Bean + random picks. He was traded for 12OA, a 2022 1st, an arguably better prospect than Bean in Boqvuist and a 2nd, and oh by the way, he got wayy overpaid, something the Canes would never do.

Time to lay off of that delusion

whiskers

Aug 2, 2018
Because Seth Jones would never have been traded for 27OA + Bean + random picks. He was traded for 12OA, a 2022 1st, an arguably better prospect than Bean in Boqvuist and a 2nd, and oh by the way, he got wayy overpaid, something the Canes would never do.

Time to lay off of that delusion
overpay you say , Hamilton is looking for 8 mil ,anything 6 million is overpaid for a PP defensemen

Reactions: chaz4hockey

whiskers

Aug 2, 2018
who would be ok if the 2 staal brothers came over with small contracts no more than 2 mil a yr each

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad