Beach vs. Smuk

Boondock Saint

Mar 6, 2003
In tonight's Bruins vs. Silvertips game, Cody Smuk and '08 eligible Kyle Beach dropped the gloves right after Leland Irving let in a one-hopper from centre ice, and Beach was taken to the hospital with a suspected fractured jaw and concussion.

Wondering if anyone had a video of both the goal and the fight?

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
In tonight's Bruins vs. Silvertips game, Cody Smuk and '08 eligible Kyle Beach dropped the gloves right after Leland Irving let in a one-hopper from centre ice, and Beach was taken to the hospital with a suspected fractured jaw and concussion.

Wondering if anyone had a video of both the goal and the fight?

Crap! I love the way Beach plays, hopefully he's alright and this doesn't change his playing style.

pdxshark

Apr 26, 2006
Portland, OR
lol, only way he's going to learn. I watched him drop the gloves with mclaren once and was on the ice regretting it in like 5 secs, he later went after a young kid much smaller than him, can't say I feel too bad for the guy but I do hope he heals quickly and there are no long term consequences.

Big Daddy

Dec 16, 2005
lol, only way he's going to learn. I watched him drop the gloves with mclaren once and was on the ice regretting it in like 5 secs, he later went after a young kid much smaller than him, can't say I feel too bad for the guy but I do hope he heals quickly and there are no long term consequences.

I hope he fully recovers also, just in time for a Kassian or Lucic to split him open again. The kid is a great hockey player and an agitator but when will he learn to shut his mouth and play. His career would definetly last a bit longer.

JorgeRocks!

May 31, 2006
Huh. i just see the stats and over a point per game and second in league in PM, that is impressive for a 16 year old. I've heard things about him though. Did he really go after Colton Yellow HOrn a few games back? Does he yap alot on the ice, and is he a good fighter. Never seen him play, comments would be nice.
If he is a good fighter, and most of his points aren't from playing with excellent linemates, than I think he's my favourite for number 1 in the 2008 NHL Draft.

Cowtown

Dec 27, 2006
Huh. i just see the stats and over a point per game and second in league in PM, that is impressive for a 16 year old. I've heard things about him though. Did he really go after Colton Yellow HOrn a few games back? Does he yap alot on the ice, and is he a good fighter. Never seen him play, comments would be nice.
If he is a good fighter, and most of his points aren't from playing with excellent linemates, than I think he's my favourite for number 1 in the 2008 NHL Draft.

Yes Beach is a yapper. To much of a yapper actually. Can he fight? Well I know he is not afraid to drop his gloves. I am not sure how many fights he has actually won though. As far as his points, I believe alot of them are power play points. If you look at Everett as a team every time Beach steps on the ice he is playing with excellent linemates. Don't get me wrong Beach is an excellent hockey player but it doesn't hurt playing on the best junior team in canada.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Not to sound barbaric, but this is what this kid needed. I think that even though he has great stats, he doesn't always play up to his potential, and I feel his stats are maybe inflated a bit thanks to the play of linemate Zach Hamill.

My reasoning behind this is that flat out the kid is just a punk, he hit our smallest player from behind, shaking him up on the play, and then skated away from the scrum. Later in the game during another scrum in front of his own net, he waited until everyone's back was turned and sucker-punched one of our D-men.

Someone needed to teach him a lesson...I think that this will make him an even better player, he has to learn to respect those around him...

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
And to add to my last post, just for measure, I thought he was the best player in the bantam draft in his draft year. I'm very impressed with Mitch Wahl at this point, but I'm surprised that he fell all the way to Everett.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad