Player Discussion BE A SCOUT

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
I'm so high, and it's making me armchair GM. Figured we could play our own little game of Be A Scout.

Basically you provide player reports on players outside the NHL you find interesting and/or have been following for a while now.

Don't include top prospects that are draft eligible now and in the future (i.e., Jack Hughes, Alexis Lafreniere etc.) and that have been drafted but not played in the NHL (i.e., Zadina, Wahlstrom, Hughes, etc.)

Pretty much include players that are anywhere outside the NHL who could possibly play in the league right now.

I've kept tabs on two players in particular:

Oula Palve
Oula Palve at eliteprospects.com

• Palve is a nifty center. More of a playmaker than a goalscorer, but able to score by himself as well. A good combination of vision and stickhandling. Not a physical player but has the size to manage in traffic. A bit of a late bloomer. (EP 2018)

and

Jakob Lilja
Jakob Lilja at eliteprospects.com

• A team player with an impressive work ethic. Lilja is an all-round player with good vision and skating skills. Not the most spectacular player around, but he gets the job done and always contributes to his team. (EP 2012)

Take out Cagguila, Kassian, and Brodziak and replace them with these two and we're in a better spot forward wise.

Reactions: A91

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Palve is absolutely legit, but would need a fairly big offensive role to thrive. As a replacement to Brodziak he's no good. An organization with lacking C depth should give him a chance.

The Queen of the Sea

Sep 21, 2017
Vårdö
Patrik Hersley at Eliteprospects

Big RHD with huge shot. Pretty good mobility, hands and passing too. Not the best in the own end, though. Has scored ridiculous amounts of goals for a D in the European leagues. If I remember correctly, there was some talks that the Oilers was interested in him a few years back?

Sakari Manninen at Eliteprospects

Extremely skilled but very small center/winger. Skates well. More of a playmaker but can shoot the puck. Has high intensity and tempo. Probably too small for the NHL.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Patrik Hersley at Eliteprospects

Big RHD with huge shot. Pretty good mobility, hands and passing too. Not the best in the own end, though. Has scored ridiculous amounts of goals for a D in the European leagues. If I remember correctly, there was some talks that the Oilers was interested in him a few years back?

Sakari Manninen at Eliteprospects

Extremely skilled but very small center/winger. Skates well. More of a playmaker but can shoot the puck. Has high intensity and tempo. Probably too small for the NHL.

With Hersley I think the problem is can a 33 D man adjust to the :NHL
with Manninen I have seen some site have him at 5.5

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
We should give scouting reports on current Oilers.

Offensive instinct below par for everyone not McDavid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad