Be a Pro Mode

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Can you get cut from your NHL team? I've been threatened to have cut a couple of times but I don't think you can...

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
So dumb that the teammate conversations are always with the same player. How hard could it be to just have the game select a random teammate each time? I'm getting sick of Nick Ritchie. It also looks absolutely nothing like him.
I know seriously, Kempe kept talking to me I think he got traded because it switched to Michael DiPietro but he wasnt a goalie he was dressed as a skater. and one conversation his feet(skates) were missing so he was just floating. lol

I mean its cool and all but the more you play it. theres nothing really special about it. very repetitive. I don't like how I cant request for a trade as well. I mean I dont wanna play for LA. I wonder where I could get sent. my guy is insane I cracked 100 goals lol be awesome to be the best player in the world and ask for a trade in their rookie year to crush the fans lol

Reactions: PavelBrendl

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
Media Challenge: Outscore Quinton Byfield in the next game.

Result: My player: 3G, 2A. Byfeild: 0G, 0A.

Media after the game: You failed to be the first star.

... Ok, that wasn't the challenge. But I was also first star.

The game is so f***ing broken that they don't even know what they challenge you to. And when you do complete the challenge AND this random new challenge that you weren't told about, you still fail? Honestly, EA is so bad. Good for the trash.

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
Media Challenge: Outscore Quinton Byfield in the next game.

Result: My player: 3G, 2A. Byfeild: 0G, 0A.

Media after the game: You failed to be the first star.

... Ok, that wasn't the challenge. But I was also first star.

The game is so f***ing broken that they don't even know what they challenge you to. And when you do complete the challenge AND this random new challenge that you weren't told about, you still fail? Honestly, EA is so bad. Good for the trash.
I got outscored by Tippet as he scored 1+1 and I got only minuses for my +/- but I still won the challenge. I guess they have a broken 'if' statement somewhere in their shitty code lol

Reactions: ellja3

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
What's with the rosters in this mode?

Lundqvist is with the Blues and players my team traded long before the game came out is still on the team...

Oct 18, 2011
Yeah I'm glad i didnt buy this the trial was enough. Im sure they'll be selling the snake oil for next gen tho

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
In my second season as a winger, quick review of BAP 21

Pros:
-Teammates actually try to get open and create offense. I can actually get assists now.
-New dekes are fun to use.
-Not impossible to play defense.
-The super jesus-like impossible passing by the CPU team is nerfed some.
-You get to create your own skating style which is hilarious.
-They actually added features this year like off-ice things, reporter/teammate interactions.
-Gameplay feels better than last year for sure. CPU doesn’t intercept every pass like in the past as well.

Cons:
-Team defense. In general, my team d plays so poorly. They constantly let the opposing team walk right around them. They miss assignments down low. As a winger I get so many minuses from my dumb team.
-Off ice interactions extort you into promising things you can’t do (get 5 hits in a game as a 170lb 80 speed winger) or take a ratings hit. And the promise system is broke as occasionally it fails me when I indeed did the task.
-They made me captain at 19 years old and I’m not even good. I did get rookie of the year, but still.
-Glitches. There are many. Honda center has the wrong ice logo. Kings penalty box glass still doesn’t open and the player skates through it. One time my player before a game randomly turned into a player from the other team (at the main menu where he’s sitting there).
-Last and worst. THEY TOOK AWAY PLAYING IN JUNIORS. I liked being able to play a season, work on my players skills like shooting, go through the playoffs and eventually the memorial cup. That’s all gone and it’s just memorial cup.

Overall it’s better and I enjoy playing it. The gameplay is much improved. I love finally being able to draw defenders over and feed my teammate who’s driving the far post for a goal. I’ll have to try as a dman and see if that shores up a lot of the bad team d. None of the glitches or extortive interviews ruin it or anything. Hopefully they can be fixed.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
So I'm having a Great season with 88 goals so far,I thought it was a once in a life time thing until I saw the 'tale of the tape" and some unknown player had the same excact 88 goals..

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
Is it even possible to play center on this mode?? I set my positions to C/RW but the game seems hellbent on forcing me to play LW out of spite.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Wow, simming on the PS5 is fast! Maybe I'll be able to get that career points and hall of fame trophy that you get after retiring after all!

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
My in game challenge was "make ammends(score)

Even though I scored 3 goals after the challenge came I somehow failed the challenge..

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Not gonna go through the entire thread to see if this happened to anyone else. But my Be a Pro career glitched so that whenever I get to a specific date the whole game just freezes. Same happens with every single save file I got. I guess that's it for my career. Nice one EA.

Reactions: OB5

OB5

May 2, 2015
Not gonna go through the entire thread to see if this happened to anyone else. But my Be a Pro career glitched so that whenever I get to a specific date the whole game just freezes. Same happens with every single save file I got. I guess that's it for my career. Nice one EA.
Career ending injury. very realistic. Just use your name in Franchise mode.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Has anyone experienced an issue where if you get drafted #1 overall to the Rangers, Lafreniere is also on the team, and was drafted with the same pick as you?

I'm not complaining, since me and Laf are on the same line, but it seems very odd.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Has anyone experienced an issue where if you get drafted #1 overall to the Rangers, Lafreniere is also on the team, and was drafted with the same pick as you?

I'm not complaining, since me and Laf are on the same line, but it seems very odd.
Yes. This mode is trash and I only play it for the PSN trophies. I remember when people were hyped about added dialogue which of course ended up being awkward and ultimately useless. Plenty of other things I've noticed are also incorrect like the goals and assists are flipped on the milestone section, your player's first name is sometimes used instead of the opposing team's name, the side-by-side comparison of your stats and a player on the opposing team always lists the goals as identical, etc.

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island

Yes as a Goalie nonetheless. Pretty ridiculous but it’s EA right

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
In my second season as a winger, quick review of BAP 21

Pros:
-Teammates actually try to get open and create offense. I can actually get assists now.
-New dekes are fun to use.
-Not impossible to play defense.
-The super jesus-like impossible passing by the CPU team is nerfed some.
-You get to create your own skating style which is hilarious.
-They actually added features this year like off-ice things, reporter/teammate interactions.
-Gameplay feels better than last year for sure. CPU doesn’t intercept every pass like in the past as well.

Cons:
-Team defense. In general, my team d plays so poorly. They constantly let the opposing team walk right around them. They miss assignments down low. As a winger I get so many minuses from my dumb team.
-Off ice interactions extort you into promising things you can’t do (get 5 hits in a game as a 170lb 80 speed winger) or take a ratings hit. And the promise system is broke as occasionally it fails me when I indeed did the task.
-They made me captain at 19 years old and I’m not even good. I did get rookie of the year, but still.
-Glitches. There are many. Honda center has the wrong ice logo. Kings penalty box glass still doesn’t open and the player skates through it. One time my player before a game randomly turned into a player from the other team (at the main menu where he’s sitting there).
-Last and worst. THEY TOOK AWAY PLAYING IN JUNIORS. I liked being able to play a season, work on my players skills like shooting, go through the playoffs and eventually the memorial cup. That’s all gone and it’s just memorial cup.

Overall it’s better and I enjoy playing it. The gameplay is much improved. I love finally being able to draw defenders over and feed my teammate who’s driving the far post for a goal. I’ll have to try as a dman and see if that shores up a lot of the bad team d. None of the glitches or extortive interviews ruin it or anything. Hopefully they can be fixed.

Playing as a d is actually quite a bit of fun this year. If you play with the sliders (I used atitios or whatever his name is) and found I was able to poke check much easier, similar to nhl 17ish. I'm not putting up crazy points, which I like, except for the fact that the coach and teammates always want me to put up points so I fail those challenges, but whatever it doesn't effect much.

Using a twd I think I have about 12 points in 35 games and my team (flyers) are about 16-14-5 so they don't only rely on the human like in years past. I'm enjoying the gameplay of it. Everything else sucks though.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Team defense on All-Star is non-existent. Was a 2 on 2 and the defense let them pass cross crease within two feet of my defenders.

Incredibly frustrating, as Pro mode is hilariously easy.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Yeah, I have tried to play based on the rules the AI has and it is just not fun to play.

Never had this much of an issue with a be a pro mode before. The team defense doesn't exist, loose pucks almost always go to the opponent, you are knocked off the puck with almost every single little physical contact while the opponent shrugs your team off like nothing.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Has anyone figured out how to actually get on the PK in your be a pro mode? It seems like the sliders for the PK roles are completely random, I just had a game where I finished a B+ for defense but lost like 600 points for the PK. I didn't even kill a penalty that game because I'm not on one of the top 2 units.

OB5

May 2, 2015
Has anyone figured out how to actually get on the PK in your be a pro mode? It seems like the sliders for the PK roles are completely random, I just had a game where I finished a B+ for defense but lost like 600 points for the PK. I didn't even kill a penalty that game because I'm not on one of the top 2 units.
I'm maxed out in every line and am like zero on the PK. No idea how that is supposed to work.

I like the mode enough but it seems they want you to stop playing after year 1. They lose a lot of the narrative after the first year.

I was also just named captain of the habs after my second year, Weber is still on the team. Scandal.

Also, the breakout AI is the absolute worst I've ever seen in my life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad