Be a Pro Mode

plaaplaa72

Jul 29, 2011
Helsinki
What the hell is my coaches fetish with "stastistics" i've been dropped from 1st defensive pairing to 3rd pairing, each time saying that i should improve in my "stastistics".

I'm tied for 1st place in points by a defenceman in the AHL (6+12 in 32gp) tied for the best plus/minus in the league (+23), best in takeaways by defencemen, not much giveaways (13), 6th in Hits, and i only have 25 PIMS in 32gp, what the hell can i do better?

And coach feedback is A- in all three

plaaplaa72

Jul 29, 2011
Helsinki
They need to do some adjusting to the way you gain XP, as a defenceman i get ridiculous amounts of XP to defensive attributes.

Im 68 games in to my 1st AHL season and i already have 92 Def. Awarnesss, 88 Shot Blocking and 89 Stick Checking.

Also the starting skating attributes need to be higher IMO, or make another way to gain xp to them, since i have to put all my off-ice training to skating, if i ever want to actually keep up with other players.

Reactions: Jbose7

KilmKostin

Sep 28, 2017
Any tips on getting up the lines quick and staying there? I have the penalty for simming turned off, but keep getting demoted.

In previous games, I would play a game every 7 or so and it worked pretty well. Got demoted to the 4th line which I didn't even think was possible

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Just finished a career where I simmed the whole thing.

Made a left wing sniper, as short and light as possible, basically Johnny Gaudreau 2.0. Started in the OHL for Erie Otters as a 15 year old. After a very meh junior career, got drafted in the 2nd round by the Devils. After the Devils moved onto the Bruins, from Bruins to Columbus, from Columbus to Nashville and from Nashville to Ottawa, where I was forced to retire at age 40 despite being a 95 ovr Franchise winger and still having 1 year left on my contract.

During the career managed to get to the Stanley Cup Finals only once while with the Bruins where I lost to the Oilers, but ended up with lots of individual hardware; 7 Lady Byng's, 1 Selke, 5 Rocket Richards and 3 Art Ross trophies.

Might do the same thing as a goalie or a defenceman next and see if I can get the Cup.

Reactions: Beville

MikeyDee

Dec 29, 2017
Metro Detroit
Just finished a career where I simmed the whole thing.

Made a left wing sniper, as short and light as possible, basically Johnny Gaudreau 2.0. Started in the OHL for Erie Otters as a 15 year old. After a very meh junior career, got drafted in the 2nd round by the Devils. After the Devils moved onto the Bruins, from Bruins to Columbus, from Columbus to Nashville and from Nashville to Ottawa, where I was forced to retire at age 40 despite being a 95 ovr Franchise winger and still having 1 year left on my contract.

During the career managed to get to the Stanley Cup Finals only once while with the Bruins where I lost to the Oilers, but ended up with lots of individual hardware; 7 Lady Byng's, 1 Selke, 5 Rocket Richards and 3 Art Ross trophies.

Might do the same thing as a goalie or a defenceman next and see if I can get the Cup.

Simmed the whole thing??? What's the fun in that???

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Made a goalie tonight and had no fun. Many flaws with playing goalie against cpu. Wish they would fix it, it’s been the same as a goalie for years (extremely hard)
2K had it good, if I remember correctly it would slow mo the game and you had to flick the stick in the direction the puck was going to make the save. These days it’s horrendous.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Just had my center drafted 3OA by the Devils. He’s on the third line with 19 points while Zajac and Henrique have 8 and 9 respectively, Hischeir has been a healthy scratch all season and Brian Boyle is playing defense...

Total nonsense. They really need to fix this.

Reactions: Nickmo82

MikeyDee

Dec 29, 2017
Metro Detroit
Just had my center drafted 3OA by the Devils. He’s on the third line with 19 points while Zajac and Henrique have 8 and 9 respectively, Hischeir has been a healthy scratch all season and Brian Boyle is playing defense...

Total nonsense. They really need to fix this.

I don't know if they will. Seems EAS only cares about HUT and EASHL. I'd love to see them revamp the whole BAP. I find BAP more enticing than any of the other modes, but it really needs a lot of attention/changes for me to get any more excited about it in the future.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I don't know if they will. Seems EAS only cares about HUT and EASHL. I'd love to see them revamp the whole BAP. I find BAP more enticing than any of the other modes, but it really needs a lot of attention/changes for me to get any more excited about it in the future.
Yeah, agreed. It's a shame because I really couldn't care less about HUT or EASHL. I play franchise and be a pro pretty much exclusively. The crazy thing is they don't even need to blaze some crazy new path, though that would be nice too - but I used to play some madden game like 10 years ago that had a be a pro type thing that was miles ahead of the current ea NHL one. Even without all the cool little perks, just having the teams build lines with some basic logic would be great.

MikeyDee

Dec 29, 2017
Metro Detroit
Yeah, agreed. It's a shame because I really couldn't care less about HUT or EASHL. I play franchise and be a pro pretty much exclusively. The crazy thing is they don't even need to blaze some crazy new path, though that would be nice too - but I used to play some madden game like 10 years ago that had a be a pro type thing that was miles ahead of the current ea NHL one. Even without all the cool little perks, just having the teams build lines with some basic logic would be great.

Yeah, I remember a few years back (maybe NHL09) where they had pre and/or post game interviews and such. The game was much more interactive for BAP back then. Even then, though, they could've had the user have more control over the lines and such. That's my biggest beef. I get tired of seeing the same lines the whole season. Really, the only time lines change is when there is an injury.

plaaplaa72

Jul 29, 2011
Helsinki
Yeah, I remember a few years back (maybe NHL09) where they had pre and/or post game interviews and such. The game was much more interactive for BAP back then. Even then, though, they could've had the user have more control over the lines and such. That's my biggest beef. I get tired of seeing the same lines the whole season. Really, the only time lines change is when there is an injury.
NHL 14 was the first one to have "Live The Life" aka BaP with the interviews and such, so not that far back hah.

Though NHL09 was the first game to have Be a Pro mode.

Reactions: haveandare

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Made a goalie tonight and had no fun. Many flaws with playing goalie against cpu. Wish they would fix it, it’s been the same as a goalie for years (extremely hard)
Made posts ages ago. BAP G is my worst, most unpleasant, most anger inducing gaming experience ever. Quit the series after either 2013 or 14 (I think it was 13. Whichever one was the first on the Xbox one that's the one I didn't get... holy crap it's been 5 years) bc of it.

I was so into the series too. Was in that VHL league arena league that the owners messed up bc of corruption.

Frequently was in the top 25-75 EASHL teams. Started a team dedicated to getting as many hits as possible every game. Had a blast.

MikeyDee

Dec 29, 2017
Metro Detroit
NHL 14 was the first one to have "Live The Life" aka BaP with the interviews and such, so not that far back hah.

Though NHL09 was the first game to have Be a Pro mode.

Ah, okay. I've been playing BAP so long they all seem to jell together.

Another thing they should add is being able to transfer your player from one EAS NHL game to the next one, instead of having to start all over every year. That's a pisser, too.

Reactions: Jbose7

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Ya the BAP mode seems blah and honestly its the biggest reason I even buy the game. Would love to see some stuff done to improve playing as a goalie or even being able to do custom masks.

MikeyDee

Dec 29, 2017
Metro Detroit
Ya the BAP mode seems blah and honestly its the biggest reason I even buy the game. Would love to see some stuff done to improve playing as a goalie or even being able to do custom masks.

Custom masks, that would be original (sarcasm here directed to EAS). Yeah, that should have been done waaaaaayyyyy back in the day amongst other things.

MikeyDee

Dec 29, 2017
Metro Detroit
SO NHL 18 is discounted (25$ i think) on XBOX. I only play be a pro. Are the changes from 17 enough to make it worth it?

IMO, it would depend on whether you either have to have new rosters or if you value that they've added the new defensive stick function. I myself, like the new defensive stick. If you don't want to part ways with the $25 bucks, you can always rent it from somewhere. It's what I do sometimes with games before I make the outright purchase.

Reactions: Lyons71

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
SO NHL 18 is discounted (25$ i think) on XBOX. I only play be a pro. Are the changes from 17 enough to make it worth it?
You'll find it on online game stores or amazon for 5-10 bucks in a year.

I almost bought Madden 25 two years after it came out for 10 bucks. Another year later and I couldn't resists...grabbed it for 3 lol.

Looking at amazon now. Used: NHL 15/16 are both 4-8 bucks. NHL 17 is about 10.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
What’s with coach’s obsession with one skill during training? Seriously, two years in juniors and first preseason in the NHL, and they’ve focused on slapshot training every week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad