BB's 2005 Top 40

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Bullet

Feb 27, 2002
Bon Accord, AB
Visit site
I thought I'd throw up my top 40 (not going to go insane and do a top 120 like X-Sharkie though I appreciate his list very much). My list is based on what I've seen of some of the guys but for the most part it's based on gathering as much info as possible (other posters on HF, McKeens and ISS) and my interpretation of it. Kind of like how you play the stock market. Anyway's here's the list and any comments or question are always welcome. Last month's rankings are in parenthesis.

1(1) Sidney Crosby
2(2) Jack Johnson
3(3) Gilbert Brule
4(6) Bobby Ryan
5(4) Benoit Pouliot
6(10) Alex Bourret
7(5) Ryan O'Marra
8(11) Marek Zagrapan
9(9) Jakub Kindl
10(8) Chris Durand
11(12) Nicklas Bergfors
12(15) Carey Price
13(14) Tuukka Rask
14(7) Guillaume Latendresse
15(24) Jack Skille
16(21) Ryan Stoa
17(13) Dan Bertram
18(18) Luc Bourdon
19(19) Jean-Philippe Levasseur
20(20) Anze Kopitar
21(23) Ryan Parent
22(22) Teemu Laakso
23(17) Alexandre Vincent
24(26) Devin Setoguchi
25(25) Matt Lashoff
26(30) Marc Staal
27(16) Jean-Philippe Paquet
28(NR) Risto Korhonen
29(NR) Mikko Lehtonen
30(27) Michael Blunden
31(28) Andrew Cogliano
32(29) Patrick Davis
33(NR) T.J. Hensick
34(NR) Brian Lee
35(NR) Vitaly Anikeenko
36(NR) Brendan Mikkelson
37(NR) Andrei Zubarev
38(NR) Ilya Zubov
39(NR) Gennady Churilov
40(NR) Denis Istomin

Blue Bullet

Feb 27, 2002
Bon Accord, AB
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
I like your Bobby Ryan at 4, I just wonder if his skating well hold him back?

It might a little but it has improved a lot from last season. Ryan worked his ass off this summer and his play has improved because of it. I just love his combination of size, skill and work ethic. To me its his work ethic that is seperating him from some of the other guy's on the list and that's why I am not too concerned that his skating is not as good as some other guys in the top 10.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
nomorekids said:
Don't be silly. Hab Lover has said time and time again that he sucks, and Lee must suck pretty bad, if HabLover can say something like that while knowing nothing about him. He must suck a lot.

psst..I'm on your side.

CH Wizard

Why does Anikeenko dropped so much since on everybody list??? I remember , early this season , He was on a lot top of 20.

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
About Ryan O'Marra... is he another of those OHL forwards, like O'Sullivan in '03 and Schremp/Wolski in '04 who is considered early as a possible top 5 pick because of his major offensive skills, but come draft day gets picked in the 25-40 range? Any answer would be appreciated.

Blue Bullet

Feb 27, 2002
Bon Accord, AB
Visit site
Blackshad said:
Tell me why Paquet dropped 11 places

2 reasons: Paquet was always billed as more of an offensive d-man and his numbers this year have been lower than I expected. And for a guy his size he isn't that physical. So for me the d-men ahead of him have been playing as well offensively as Paquet and are better defensively. Paquet has been dropping on everybody's list it seems.

thegreatone said:
Why does Anikeenko dropped so much since on everybody list??? I remember , early this season , He was on a lot top of 20.

Aninkeenko was hyped up coming into this draft year. He was supposed to be a top 10 dominating d-man. As we got closer to this year it seemed that everybody was finding out that his growth had stalled and guys have caught up to him and passed him in the rankings. From what I've heard he's a good solid stay at home d-man.

HiggsFan said:
About Ryan O'Marra... is he another of those OHL forwards, like O'Sullivan in '03 and Schremp/Wolski in '04 who is considered early as a possible top 5 pick because of his major offensive skills, but come draft day gets picked in the 25-40 range? Any answer would be appreciated.

No I would not compare him to those players as those guys are more skilled than O'Marra. O'Marra, however brings a more well rounded game to the table. He's got a good skill level and size. He plays a physical brand of hockey and has a great shot. I think he is a definite top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->