Celebrity Death: Bay City Rollers Bassist Alan Longmuir Dead at 70

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Bay City Rollers - Wikipedia

While as a band they are more or less forgotten to a point--they are a band used as a warning to other bands as to be careful as to the contracts you sign

Here in the UK there is a bank account with about 30mill £ that is tied up in lawsuits due to contracts this band signed with Tam Paton and contracts Paton signed with others. In the 70's the band sold a lot of records but when it came time to get paid the money was nowhere to be found. Paton died in 2009 and his finances shed some light on how he was able to rob the band legally and how while he was not the smartest guys in the world he was involved with some guys who were the masters of stealing money from naive artists and buy the time the money was wanted it was filtered through so many countries and so many accounts that it could not be found and there was not clear who was owed money.

The band reportedly sold between 100 to 140 MILLION records--but once the band fell a part the main band got no money and have spent the last 40 years suing to get their money

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
Saturday night, and their cover of I only wanna be with you, are still played regularly on my phone.
Growing up my sister was a huge fan, as they were one of the top boy bands of the time.
I didn't know that story you posted. That's terrible and so unfair and sad at the same time.
RIP

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Saturday night, and their cover of I only wanna be with you, are still played regularly on my phone.
Growing up my sister was a huge fan, as they were one of the top boy bands of the time.
I didn't know that story you posted. That's terrible and so unfair and sad at the same time.
RIP

There are several videos on YouTube on the subject

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
RIP

There are several videos on YouTube on the subject

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad